AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Triad Speakers Owners Thread

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Triad Speakers Owners Thread
« on: December 07, 2016, 06:51:09 PM »
We sell a lot of Triad speakers, and they always sound outstanding at Cedia. I really like them, but I've never owned them myself. Who here owns Triad ? Tell us about your system !
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 04:52:22 PM by AVSCraig »
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

NBPk402

• Living the retired life
Re: Triad Speakers
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 06:52:26 PM »
I think Travis has the Triad Gold inwall subs as I recall...hopefully he will pop in and post about them.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 12:03:42 PM by ellisr63 »
Marantz av8805a, 3 K402MEHs, 4 Klipsch RP150Ms, MINIDSP DDRC88M, 1 7 channel woofer amp & heights, 3 Icepower amps, Denafrips Athena & Pontus ii, Lumin U1 mini, 2 Yamaha P2500s, Monoprice speaker wire, and XLR cables, 2 Furman filters, ProJect RPM 1.3 Carbon Turntable,  Zappiti Reference, Panasonic ub820, LG 86"" 4k fp

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 12:28:04 AM »
Hey Craig,
I use a pair of the 10" in wall subs with the in wall amplifiers in my two channel system. If I remember correctly the single sub is called "bronze" and the pair is called "silver"?

I have a really tough room for bass. It's almost a square room. With a single powered sub it had really nasty hot spots and nulls. If you moved a foot the bass went from overbearing to non existent. I tried a bigger sub (velodyne) and not surprisingly it made things much worse. It didn't matter where the sub was placed. So my plan B was to use two subs. That helped but was still not what I wanted. So after that my next effort was using four powered subs. One in each corner of the room. That actually sounded pretty good most of the time. In the MLP it was good and one seat in each direction was still pretty good. BUT about ten feet outside the door to the room there was enough bass to stop your heart. That whole standing wave thing... The tuning was a nightmare. And also four large subs in a small room take up a lot of real estate.

On an impulse I bought the Triads to try. I tried a few locations and found a really sweat spot behind the front main speakers. I ended up mounting them to the back of the La Scala bass bins pointed towards the corners of the room. (corner loaded) They sounded fantastic and were small enough not to take up any room. I find them to be very flexible for music or movies.

Now with two subs that take up no room I have much better bass than with the the four large cubes. The Triads work fantastic for my application. The semi small size enables me to place them where they work in my room. They are the best sounding subs I have ever owned!!

My front main speakers are Klipsch La Scala bass bins (EV drivers) with EV HP 940 horns and EV DH1A drivers. These are bi-amped and powered by a Yamaha DSP A1 amplifier. X-over is a Mini DSP 2X4. The source is either a Samsung blu ray, Kodi media PC, Sony SACD player or lately a Technics sp-25 TT with wood Grado arm. The Triad subs and amps compliment my system very well.

Cheers,
Travis

NBPk402

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 12:08:16 PM »
Hey Craig,
I use a pair of the 10" in wall subs with the in wall amplifiers in my two channel system. If I remember correctly the single sub is called "bronze" and the pair is called "silver"?

I have a really tough room for bass. It's almost a square room. With a single powered sub it had really nasty hot spots and nulls. If you moved a foot the bass went from overbearing to non existent. I tried a bigger sub (velodyne) and not surprisingly it made things much worse. It didn't matter where the sub was placed. So my plan B was to use two subs. That helped but was still not what I wanted. So after that my next effort was using four powered subs. One in each corner of the room. That actually sounded pretty good most of the time. In the MLP it was good and one seat in each direction was still pretty good. BUT about ten feet outside the door to the room there was enough bass to stop your heart. That whole standing wave thing... The tuning was a nightmare. And also four large subs in a small room take up a lot of real estate.

On an impulse I bought the Triads to try. I tried a few locations and found a really sweat spot behind the front main speakers. I ended up mounting them to the back of the La Scala bass bins pointed towards the corners of the room. (corner loaded) They sounded fantastic and were small enough not to take up any room. I find them to be very flexible for music or movies.

Now with two subs that take up no room I have much better bass than with the the four large cubes. The Triads work fantastic for my application. The semi small size enables me to place them where they work in my room. They are the best sounding subs I have ever owned!!

My front main speakers are Klipsch La Scala bass bins (EV drivers) with EV HP 940 horns and EV DH1A drivers. These are bi-amped and powered by a Yamaha DSP A1 amplifier. X-over is a Mini DSP 2X4. The source is either a Samsung blu ray, Kodi media PC, Sony SACD player or lately a Technics sp-25 TT with wood Grado arm. The Triad subs and amps compliment my system very well.

Cheers,
Travis

I would be careful with the bass in that room when you are playing records. Time to find a record vac. :)
Marantz av8805a, 3 K402MEHs, 4 Klipsch RP150Ms, MINIDSP DDRC88M, 1 7 channel woofer amp & heights, 3 Icepower amps, Denafrips Athena & Pontus ii, Lumin U1 mini, 2 Yamaha P2500s, Monoprice speaker wire, and XLR cables, 2 Furman filters, ProJect RPM 1.3 Carbon Turntable,  Zappiti Reference, Panasonic ub820, LG 86"" 4k fp

bmoney

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 12:45:40 PM »
Ive noticed Erksine group uses the triad a ton in their designs...never heard them myself
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

NBPk402

Re: Triad Speakers Owners Thread
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 10:00:39 PM »
A friend of mine used to be a Triad Dealer, and they claimed the speakers were top notch.

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 12:43:07 AM »
Since all I have heard is the Triad subs, I would be interested in taking a listen to the rest of the line. Does anyone know where I audition them?

One of our demo rooms will feature the Silver line.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 07:54:58 AM by AVSMike »

NBPk402

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 11:24:20 AM »
Since all I have heard is the Triad subs, I would be interested in taking a listen to the rest of the line. Does anyone know where I audition them?

I think Travis should have said in Northern California. LOL

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 05:49:48 PM »

San Diego - Cedia 2017 ! You guys are going to go, right ?

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2016, 09:17:52 AM »
I ordered a set of Bipole Surrounds from AVSMike for my rears in my theater room. Once the room is complete I will give an update. First time buying a speaker and not hearing it first.  :o

AVSMike

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 12:00:01 PM »
I ordered a set of Bipole Surrounds from AVSMike for my rears in my theater room. Once the room is complete I will give an update. First time buying a speaker and not hearing it first.  :o

I don't think you will be disappointed. Triad makes very good speakers.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2017, 02:06:44 PM »
Besides their excellent inwall and onwall / inroom speakers, Triad demo'd some excellent outdoor speakers at Cedia 2017 . These sound outstanding !

AVSMike

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2020, 01:05:54 PM »
Control4 bought out Triad a few years ago. I noticed that Control4 redid their website and now you can't see the Triad Speaker offerings. Control4's thinking on this is that consumers will get this information from dealers. That works fine for consumers that are working with a Triad dealer, but it leaves everyone else in the dark, as to what Triad offers. I think this is a huge mistake on Control4's part because many people look online to see what is offered, long before contacting a dealer for information. Is there any other company out there that has a strong web presence that does not show what they manufacturer? If anyone is wanting info on any Triad speakers, just let us know.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 01:08:17 PM by AVSMike »
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2020, 03:48:44 PM »
Control4 bought out Triad a few years ago. I noticed that Control4 redid their website and now you can't see the Triad Speaker offerings. Control4's thinking on this is that consumers will get this information from dealers. That works fine for consumers that are working with a Triad dealer, but it leaves everyone else in the dark, as to what Triad offers. I think this is a huge mistake on Control4's part because many people look online to see what is offered, long before contacting a dealer for information. Is there any other company out there that has a strong web presence that does not show what they manufacturer? If anyone is wanting info on any Triad speakers, just let us know.

I just noticed this, and it's a pain in the you know what. It's nice to send customers links to the speakers, for one thing. Bad idea ! 

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2021, 10:37:14 PM »
I had seven in-wall Triads in my last HT. They were terrific. I bought them from AV Science and had a great experience. I installed them myself and they sounded amazing. 

I used the Inwall Silver4 LCR's and had two side (Bronze?) dipoles and two rear ceiling speakers as well (also Bronze as I recall.)

I'm setting up a new CIH 2.35 system now and plan to use Triads again! I'd love to hear if anyone else has had experiences with Triad speakers!

Thanks!

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal