AVS Discussions
  Go Down

MultEQ editor app

flyinion

• cpaluda from HTE
    • Flyinion Films
MultEQ editor app
« on: April 15, 2019, 04:46:56 PM »
Wasn't quite sure if this is the right spot for this but putting it here.  If you use the MultEQ editor app on iOS or Android with your Denon or Marantz receiver there is an update out today that gets rid of the 20Hz rolloff on the sub channels.  There was speculation it would be switchable like the mid-range compensation dip, but instead they just completely got rid of the rolloff altogether so the sub curve is just like the ones in the AVR's now.
LG 65" CX OLED | Denon AVR-X4500H | Panasonic UB820 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | 2021 Apple TV 4K | Xfinity X1 DVR

Re: MultEQ editor app
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 08:50:13 PM »
Thanks for the info on the update

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 08:02:50 PM »
I don't know what took me so long, but I just started using the MultEQ Editor with my X8500. I can't seem to find answers to a couple of questions.

1 - I have used Custom Amp Assign when using Audyssey on the X8500 itself to turn off the internal amps for use with my Parasound amp. The app recognized that I'm using 13 channels and the speaker configuration. Does it remember the previous amp assign settings ?

2 - What's the current consensus whether to use Mid Range Compensation ? Didn't have that choice in the receiver.

3 - Same question with limiting filter response to 500Hz - saw that in a video that was recommended.

4 - Any other tips using the app ? Thanks in advance.
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 01:22:16 AM »
I don't know what took me so long, but I just started using the MultEQ Editor with my X8500. I can't seem to find answers to a couple of questions.

1 - I have used Custom Amp Assign when using Audyssey on the X8500 itself to turn off the internal amps for use with my Parasound amp. The app recognized that I'm using 13 channels and the speaker configuration. Does it remember the previous amp assign settings ?

2 - What's the current consensus whether to use Mid Range Compensation ? Didn't have that choice in the receiver.

3 - Same question with limiting filter response to 500Hz - saw that in a video that was recommended.

4 - Any other tips using the app ? Thanks in advance.
1.  Yes, in fact the AMP ASSIGN must be set using the AVR's on board setting.   The app simply allows for individual speaker selection based on the AMP ASSIGN setting.
2.  Personal preference, but if limited the EQ to 500Hz and lower (as some do), then it's a moot point.
3.  Personal preference; however, majority of EQ occurs below 500Hz.

Call me for pricing and availability at (585) 645-1006 from 12pm - 8pm EST daily to include Sat/Sun
Email: jd@avscience.com

AVScience is an authorized dealer for Denon, Marantz, and Yamaha, as well as other audio and video related brands (eg. JVC, Sony, Def Tech, Polk, Martin Logan, etc.).

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 11:40:00 AM »
Recently, I've been using the MultEQ editor app in conjunction with the DeRemote app, to try different calibration settings. On the DeRemote app you can switch between Audyssey, Flat or Off in nearly an instant. And of course in the MultEQ editor app it's super fast to modify filter response / MRC etc. and upload it. Being able to compare different settings nearly on the fly is great. 

Sat on the couch last night and really got my sound dialed in over a small glass of single malt - I'm loving the power and convenience of these apps !   

AVSMike

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 02:24:47 PM »
Yes, due to the APP, I am pleased with the performance of my Marantz prepro.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 11:50:13 AM »
My experimentation using this app continues. Last night I tried limiting the EQ to 500Hz on all speakers, except my center channel speaker. I have a beast of a center channel speaker, and it definitely sounds better with no Audyssey correction at all ( arrived at from previous experiments with this app ). Anyway, very interesting to hear the difference - but I thought limiting EQ to 500Hz on all speakers sounded " brighter ", louder on the treble end and a bit more harsh watching battle scenes in " The Pacific " series. I don't think my wife would like that at all. I then tried just turning off MRC on all speakers. I think I will run with that for a while and see how I like it. It sounds maybe a bit better to me. Still loving the ability to make copies, change things up on a copy anytime - even while sipping my morning coffee, then trying out different settings when in the theater. I wish I hadn't waited so long to start using this app !

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 01:23:50 PM »
Good afternoon fellas,

I have a 6700 and run the multieq.  I have 2 subs in front (equidistant from MLP) with a splitter and one sub in back.

If I wanted to compare sounds between the fronts and the back, what would be the easiest way to accomplish this?

Just run the full audyssey twice, once with the ones in front hooked up and then disconnect and plug in the rear and save both profiles and compare?

or is there a way to set up a profile with sub two only?

Thank you.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2021, 02:05:00 PM »
Good afternoon fellas,

I have a 6700 and run the multieq.  I have 2 subs in front (equidistant from MLP) with a splitter and one sub in back.

If I wanted to compare sounds between the fronts and the back, what would be the easiest way to accomplish this?

Just run the full audyssey twice, once with the ones in front hooked up and then disconnect and plug in the rear and save both profiles and compare?

or is there a way to set up a profile with sub two only?

Thank you.
I think you would need to run Audyssey twice.

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2021, 02:22:17 PM »
I though so also.

Thanks Craig, 
I'll give it a shot tonight.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 02:31:02 PM by dutchboy »

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal