AVS Discussions
  Go Down

My Guide to My Home Theatre and Stereo

Barry

My Guide to My Home Theatre and Stereo
« on: April 08, 2019, 11:12:44 PM »
      It started 30 years ago. My girlfriend would not, or could not, watch my TV or listen to radio because it was so complicated, she thought.

So, with my brand new Word Processor, I typed out the instructions for her and members of my family. So, Nowadays, I use a computer and desktop publishing. Everyone is now comfortable with these things, but I like updating it anyway!!!  

Thought you’d like to see a copy, it opens as a PDF, preferably in the latest Adobe Acrobat because it does have sound!

You can download it at: 

https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/cEcgjqqINR

McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

tripplej

• A goal without a plan is just a wish!
Re: My Guide to My Home Theatre and Stereo
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 06:49:53 AM »
Nice documentation Barry.

Prior to iphone and ipad, my family just waited for me to come home. No matter how much I explain to them how to turn everything on or no matter how many times, I write up instructions, it never fails, they give up and just wait.

Now with the advent of iphone and ipad, nobody cares about the home theater or the TV. It is sad but true. They would rather look at the small  iphone screen or ipad screen to watch what they want..

Sign of the times, I guess.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 04:25:10 PM by tripplej »
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501

Barry

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 03:49:45 PM »
JJJ,

I am agreeing with you on both cases.  First, everyone did wait for me, that is why I wrote the instructions.  But this was also in the era before Home Theatre and sometimes someone just wanted to listen to music out of the "stereo."  Or watch Jeopardy without the surround.

Not just the ipad and iphone, but with Sonos in the house, no one turns on the big unit unless I am home. They are very happy without it. BUT an big movie, such as the Avengers in 4k, still draws a crowd in my house. And so did Earth II!  Everyone seems to view my home theatre as an addiction which they cannot cure.  They do tell me that it is cheaper than heroin or cocaine in the long run, but they do suspect I use those drugs when watching 2001: A Space Odyssey! 
McIntosh MX170 Controller: Projector JVC DLA-RS4100; Screen: Stuart StudioTek130: Amps: McIntosh MC-611(center),MC1.25KW (lf&rt);  Krell S-1500 Atmos/Surround; 4kDVD Panasonic UB9000; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Ultima Voice 2, (Surround) W 990, Atmos C763L; Subs: SVS SB-13 Ultras;  Cable: 4K Verizon; Broadcast: Mediasonic HW-150PVR; Wiring: Shunyata; Apple TV,

tripplej

• A goal without a plan is just a wish!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 04:26:31 PM »
Barry, you are a riot!

Yeah, sign of the times.

My 75 inch TV is rarely on. Seriously.. it is rarely on unless I turn it on.
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501

AVSMike

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 12:13:50 PM »
My TV with sound system is more complicated to use than my theater with RS3000, DCR lens and Lumagen. The remote has "watch a movie" and "watch Roku". With watch a movie, you hit that button on remote, load disc into player and hit play. Volume is already set and with auto aspect detection on the Lumagen, you do not have to do anything else. Though if you want to use the masking, you do have to select it, but it is not a requirement to use the system. As for turning off, you just hit the off button. 
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal