AVS Discussions
  Go Down

2019 Sony 4K Projector Owners Thread

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: 2019 Sony 4K Projector Owners Thread
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2019, 03:21:47 PM »
I was wondering how small the screen was and/or how high the gain is?
I was thinking the same thing. Somebody might need to see an eye doctor. :-[
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2019, 03:23:08 PM »
I was wondering how small the screen was and/or how high the gain is?
110" ADEO plano Reference white, color and gain neutral screen.

« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2019, 03:26:32 PM »
I was thinking the same thing. Somebody might need to see an eye doctor. :-[
It might be the old wine, i heard it can effect the visual system, age could also be a huge factor so a checkup is highly recommendet if you think your loosing it.;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 03:38:06 PM by stridsvognen »

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2019, 03:57:59 PM »
It might be the old wine, i heard it can effect the visual system, age could also be a huge factor so a checkup is highly recommendet if you think your loosing it.;)
I don't find 20 FL's too bright, or even 45 FL for HDR on a 128" diagonal scope screen. So unless you never go outside during the day in the sun, I'm not sure how a JVC on that size screen at -15 manual iris can be too bright. That doesn't make any sense to me. 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSMike

« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2019, 04:00:20 PM »
Which model of JVC are you using? Reason I ask, even on the higher output new models, you would be around 11FL if in low lamp and iris at -15, when shooting onto a 110" 1.0 gain screen.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2019, 04:03:35 PM »
The Adeo Plano White has a 10% gain in red in the grayscale and is far from neutral. :)

And you still dont understand how to use the contrast slider on a digital projector. When you use SuperWhite you have to raise the contrast slider to resolve less than 255 and you only mess up the projector. You need to use standard and default values, if you cant get 100% white perfect with the gain control in the projector you migh try to tale away one click on the contrast slider. 7 clicks and the projector image is destroyed. It is as simple as that.

Try to listen to more experienced people and you might learn something.8)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 04:07:49 PM by Andreas21 »
Regards
Andreas                                                           

Calibration software: Lightspace and Calman. TPG: Murideo Fresco SIX-G
Meters: Klein K-10 A and Jeti 1501. THX II certified.

« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2019, 04:09:26 PM »
The Adeo Plano White has a 10% gain in red in the grayscale and is far from neutral. :)

And you still dont understand how to use the contrast slider on a digital projector. When you use SuperWhite you have to raise the contrast slider to resolve less than 255 and you only mess up the projector. You need to use standard and default values, if you cant get 100% white perfect with the gain control in the projector you migh try to tale away one click on the contrast slider. 7 clicks and the projector image is destroyed. It is as simple as that.

Try to listen to more experienced people and you might learn something.8)
Quote from: Andreas21 on Today at 11:00:59 AM
Stridsvognen you also says your CRT has the best analogue video chain, yet you use a Lumagen to calibrate it?? This makes me wonder?? I stopped using the old Lumagens due to all its flaws a long long time ago.

Please share whats the Lumagen flaws in details and what it do.? And how native CRT response works.?

It for sure have less than 5% digital correction in comparison to all digital projectors, maybe you care to explain why digitals need so massive correction and remapping.?

Think you skipped this one, i answer all your questions so to maintane a flow please explain your comments and my questions.
Modify message title=Modify message

« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2019, 04:11:02 PM »
Please share whats the Lumagen flaws in details and what it do.? And how native CRT response works.?

It for sure have less than 5% digital correction in comparison to all digital projectors, maybe you care to explain why digitals need so massive correction and remapping.?
This is not what we are discussing and Lumagen might have fixed the problems they had some years ago, I dont know since I have not used a Lumagen in a very long time. 

You are still using digital manipulation on your CRT and I thought it was a big no no.
Regards
Andreas                                                           

« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2019, 04:13:10 PM »
Which model of JVC are you using? Reason I ask, even on the higher output new models, you would be around 11FL if in low lamp and iris at -15, when shooting onto a 110" 1.0 gain screen.
X5900, if using the auto calibrate with the spyder i loos 2fl basically as it have a red error and lowers contrast, but sure i can do that if you guys prefer another lable on the contrast slider.

« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2019, 04:26:11 PM »
This is not what we are discussing and Lumagen might have fixed the problems they had some years ago, I dont know since I have not used a Lumagen in a very long time.

You are still using digital manipulation on your CRT and I thought it was a big no no.
You put the lumagen in question, so now ill like to know when and what model, and what was the actual issue, and reply what the contrast adjustment do in tecnical terms.
This is a SONY owners thread and i dont see anything you posted relevant to that so i think its ok you explain your statements about the JVC contrast adjustment and Lumagen issues you experienced that made you stamp it useless.
Then later we can link it all together.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 04:30:11 PM by stridsvognen »

AVSMike

« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2019, 04:38:09 PM »
You put the lumagen in question, so now ill like to know when and what model, and what was the actual issue, and reply what the contrast adjustment do in tecnical terms.
This is a SONY owners thread and i dont see anything you posted relevant to that so i think its ok you explain your statements about the JVC contrast adjustment and Lumagen issues you experienced that made you stamp it useless.
The contrast slider adjustment has been explained to you by two different posters. You use the manual iris to cut the light output. If you still can't get there, you should use an ND filter. Yet you keep asking for an explanation for this when it has been given to you. At some point it just becomes trolling and people are going to stop replying to you.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2019, 04:38:27 PM »
The Lumagen is not what we are discussing here and actually everything we are discussing is off topic. I also told you it was a while ago and they migh have fixed it by now.:)

I have explained to you what the contrast slider on a digital projector does, but you dont seem to read or understand the basics.

So I see no reason to continue this as this goes the same way all our discussion have during the many years we have done this. I will not respond to more post from you.
Regards
Andreas                                                           

« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2019, 04:47:47 PM »
The Lumagen is not what we are discussing here and actually everything we are discussing is off topic. I also told you it was a while ago and they migh have fixed it by now.:)

I have explained to you what the contrast slider on a digital projector does, but you dont seem to read or understand the basics.

So I see no reason to continue this as this goes the same way all our discussion have during the many years we have done this. I will not respond to more post from you.
So please explain why you felt the need to add that coment about the lumagen if you dont know how it works?

You have shortly stated that adjusting the contrast destroys the digital, and as usual you fail to explain why, and in specifik terms how, provide some documentation for the common good, its not first or 2nd time you posted ull not respond to more of my posts so ill guess thats as meaningfull as your answers and comments true the hole thread, and i think you owe to clerify many things much more specifikly, i answered every question as well as i could to my capabilities, if you say your capabilities are limited to the answers you posted ill have to accept that and happy to belive that will be the last word from you.:-*

AVSMike

« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2019, 04:52:42 PM »
So please explain why you felt the need to add that coment about the lumagen if you dont know how it works?

You have shortly stated that adjusting the contrast destroys the digital, and as usual you fail to explain why, and in specifik terms how, provide some documentation for the common good, its not first or 2nd time you posted ull not respond to more of my posts so ill guess thats as meaningfull as your answers and comments true the hole thread, and i think you owe to clerify many things much more specifikly, i answered every question as well as i could to my capabilities, if you say your capabilities are limited to the answers you posted ill have to accept that and happy to belive that will be the last word from you.:-*
Two people have told you not to use the contrast slider adjustment for light output adjustment. Both of them have told you why you should not use this adjustment and that you should use the manual iris. I myself have also posted this and yet you continue. Consider this warning number two to stop or you will be gone. 

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2019, 05:02:14 PM »
what contrast measurement link please.
I have 235 resolved, to clip 235 you need to adjust contrast in the positive direction to clip, your flipping it.

The cell phone clips it a bit but im sure you get the idea what contrast do when adjusted in different directions from the pictures.

I have no idea what test pattern that is. Where does it say that bar is 235? I also have no idea if you're sending full 0-255 or limited 16-235. I also have no idea what other settings you have enabled. All I know is, if your chain is set up properly, you shouldn't need to set the Contrast setting that low. As Andreas points out, generally speaking, you don't need to make adjustments to either Contrast or Brightness to clip and crush at the correct digital levels and if you do generally it's only 1 point off, not 7.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal