AVS Discussions
  Go Down

JVC DLA-RS1000/N5 & RS2000/NX7 Owners Thread

Re: JVC DLA-RS1000/N5 & RS2000/NX7 Owners Thread
« Reply #225 on: May 04, 2019, 11:37:08 AM »
One other problem I've noticed with my RS1000 that I haven't seen anybody mention anywhere:

There have been maybe 4-5 times where the blue/yellow elements of the image will en masse get shifted over an enormous amount, to where blue and/or yellow ghost image versions of things will appear something like a foot or more off to the side of where they should be. Anybody on here hear of this, see this, or have any idea what this might be? It has happened while watching Blu-Rays on a Blu-Ray player, while playing an Xbox One, and even during the D-ILA screen when the projector turns on, before it's sending an image from anything but the projector itself.

Whenever this has happened, I've shut off the projector and turned it back on, and every time it has fixed it, but still this is a bizarre thing to happen and to have to correct.

« Reply #226 on: May 04, 2019, 11:48:24 AM »
Take a picture of what you're seeing next time it occurs and post it here. It's easier for use to diagnose if we can see what it looks like.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

AVSMike

« Reply #227 on: May 09, 2019, 02:17:06 PM »
Looks like there might be a possibility of some B-stock 1000's. 
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #228 on: May 11, 2019, 12:40:57 PM »
Getting to play with one of these for a few days. I'm curious to see how the two new modes in the recent JVC firmware update look.

https://i.imgur.com/LcPp7N2.jpg
JVC DLA-RS1000/N5 & RS2000/NX7 Owners Thread
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 02:09:47 PM by Dylan Seeger »
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #229 on: May 11, 2019, 07:07:56 PM »
Nice ! :)
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #230 on: May 16, 2019, 04:57:32 AM »
One other problem I've noticed with my RS1000 that I haven't seen anybody mention anywhere:

There have been maybe 4-5 times where the blue/yellow elements of the image will en masse get shifted over an enormous amount, to where blue and/or yellow ghost image versions of things will appear something like a foot or more off to the side of where they should be. Anybody on here hear of this, see this, or have any idea what this might be? It has happened while watching Blu-Rays on a Blu-Ray player, while playing an Xbox One, and even during the D-ILA screen when the projector turns on, before it's sending an image from anything but the projector itself.

Whenever this has happened, I've shut off the projector and turned it back on, and every time it has fixed it, but still this is a bizarre thing to happen and to have to correct.
I buyed a N5 two weeks ago. During the second movie played (Ultra HD Blu-ray) the screen immedately showed the following problems, as you con see on the attached photo: in the middle and on the left, there were blue bars over the entire screen which flashed like an equalizer. Also the menu on the beamer was distored and flashed.

The only solution was to shutdown the beamer, afterwards it worked again. This happend 3 times and then I've decided to bring it back. The dealer exchanged it with a new one. The old had firmware 2.04, the new had 1.2x and now i've upgraded the new to 2.01. So far, this problem did not re-appear luckily
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 05:04:55 AM by icon3008 »

« Reply #231 on: May 17, 2019, 12:37:06 AM »
You are donwgradede your newer fw to old one? I think this was mistake, on some german board i readed on some issues with downrading firmware to JVC projector. This will be on service.

AVSMike

« Reply #232 on: May 17, 2019, 12:56:17 PM »
I buyed a N5 two weeks ago. During the second movie played (Ultra HD Blu-ray) the screen immedately showed the following problems, as you con see on the attached photo: in the middle and on the left, there were blue bars over the entire screen which flashed like an equalizer. Also the menu on the beamer was distored and flashed.

The only solution was to shutdown the beamer, afterwards it worked again. This happend 3 times and then I've decided to bring it back. The dealer exchanged it with a new one. The old had firmware 2.04, the new had 1.2x and now i've upgraded the new to 2.01. So far, this problem did not re-appear luckily
JVC has a beta firmware (2.05) that should take care of the blue bar problem. 
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #233 on: May 18, 2019, 08:53:42 AM »
JVC has a beta firmware (2.05) that should take care of the blue bar problem.
A couple of people on AVS Forum have reported that it did NOT fix the problem for them.  What do you know about that?

I should point out, that since the problem is relatively infrequent, it could appear to be fixed when it really is not.  I would have to go at least a week before I was sure that it was fixed.

There also may be some confusion.  For me and some others, the problem is not just blue bars, but green bars and even (on a rare occasion) purple bars.  Could that be a different problem?

Since applying the update also requires doing a factory reset (which would lose all my settings), I'm reluctant to do it until I'm fairly sure it will fix the problem.

woofer

« Reply #234 on: May 18, 2019, 05:32:15 PM »
A couple of people on AVS Forum have reported that it did NOT fix the problem for them.  What do you know about that?

I should point out, that since the problem is relatively infrequent, it could appear to be fixed when it really is not.  I would have to go at least a week before I was sure that it was fixed.

There also may be some confusion.  For me and some others, the problem is not just blue bars, but green bars and even (on a rare occasion) purple bars.  Could that be a different problem?

Since applying the update also requires doing a factory reset (which would lose all my settings), I'm reluctant to do it until I'm fairly sure it will fix the problem.
Yes ver 2.05 does not fix the problem. N5 here  that has green vertical  lines ...still there after the 2.05 update ( including FULL reset) . Appeared to be OK initially but re appeared after 9 hrs use.

« Reply #235 on: May 18, 2019, 06:02:20 PM »
Lets hope JVC get the 4K projectors fixed during the next generations, ill really like to get one, but this reminds me a bit of all the issues JVC had with the first 2 generations of the last chassis. I would blow a gasket if i had to waste my time and money on a shitshow like that one more time.
And the N5 i demoed looked surprisingly bad with factory settings, the Sony 270 slapped that one around big time out of the box.

« Reply #236 on: May 18, 2019, 08:33:30 PM »
Lets hope JVC get the 4K projectors fixed during the next generations, ill really like to get one, but this reminds me a bit of all the issues JVC had with the first 2 generations of the last chassis. I would blow a gasket if i had to waste my time and money on a shitshow like that one more time.
And the N5 i demoed looked surprisingly bad with factory settings, the Sony 270 slapped that one around big time out of the box.
That must have been one messed up JVC.  Don't get me wrong, I think the Sony has a great picture, but the NX5 easily outperforms the 295 (ootb settings or otherwise).  I've had both and not one person preferred the Sony.  

« Reply #237 on: May 18, 2019, 08:35:07 PM »
Yes ver 2.05 does not fix the problem. N5 here  that has green vertical  lines ...still there after the 2.05 update ( including FULL reset) . Appeared to be OK initially but re appeared after 9 hrs use.
My exact experience.  I have a replacement coming next week, but I'm still hopeful this is solved with a future firmware update.

« Reply #238 on: May 19, 2019, 04:15:19 AM »
Hows JVC handeling all these replacements, do they cover instalation, and recalibration expenses, and how do they compensate owners for all the hazzle.? Have they done any callback to fix any of these issues, or like in the past just ignored it and hope it goes away by itself.?

Whats the general opinion about JVC QC and customer service these days.?

« Reply #239 on: May 19, 2019, 10:58:40 AM »
Hows JVC handeling all these replacements, do they cover instalation, and recalibration expenses, and how do they compensate owners for all the hazzle.? Have they done any callback to fix any of these issues, or like in the past just ignored it and hope it goes away by itself.?

Whats the general opinion about JVC QC and customer service these days.?
JVC is aggressively pursuing the issue and the issues are not on every unit and materialize at different hours of use.  Definately after any QC however they appear to be in the initial 100 hours or so.  Covering recalibration on a display won't happen, it's personal preference.  Additionally, I would never calibrate a display that didn't have a minimum 100 hours on it just for these reasons.  Depending on the dealer you purchase from, they may help with the cost of the projector R&R.  
Glen

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal