AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Panamorph Paladin Owner's Thread

Panamorph Paladin Owner's Thread
« on: December 11, 2018, 02:43:12 PM »
Looks like Panamorph is having a special December sale on the Paladin lens system.  You can get it through Craig and Mike, thanks Mike. At that price I’m going for it (Merry Christmas to me hehe). I’ve got a JVC DLA-x990 projecting 18 feet from a 135” diagonal 2.35:1 screen so my math says that’s about a 1.73:1 throw ratio – within the spec. I have a NanoEdge screen so I’ll have to see if my 0.4” border is enough for any residual edge distortion, if not, I will just use the masking option in the JVC. If it works anything like the magic they’re talking about on the Paladin DCR owner’s thread then it seems like a steal for a lens that works up to 8K.

When I look around there doesn’t seem to be an Owner’s Thread for the standard Paladin so here we go...  I will get some before and after shots once the lens is in my hands. :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 03:00:17 PM by yankiy »

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: Panamorph Paladin Owner's Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 12:39:37 PM »
Looks like Panamorph is having a special December sale on the Paladin lens system.  You can get it through Craig and Mike, thanks Mike. At that price I’m going for it (Merry Christmas to me hehe). I’ve got a JVC DLA-x990 projecting 18 feet from a 135” diagonal 2.35:1 screen so my math says that’s about a 1.73:1 throw ratio – within the spec. I have a NanoEdge screen so I’ll have to see if my 0.4” border is enough for any residual edge distortion, if not, I will just use the masking option in the JVC. If it works anything like the magic they’re talking about on the Paladin DCR owner’s thread then it seems like a steal for a lens that works up to 8K.

When I look around there doesn’t seem to be an Owner’s Thread for the standard Paladin so here we go...  I will get some before and after shots once the lens is in my hands. :)

So what do you think of the lens? Any screen shots ? 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSMike

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 03:26:22 PM »
So what do you think of the lens? Any screen shots ?
The preorder sale for the DCR-C lens, ends this Friday.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 09:28:43 PM »
The Panamorph Paladin helps the image look absolutely amazing when combined with an LK990.  Highly recommended!

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 12:21:15 PM »
The Paladin is a great purchase. I would highly recommend it. Well done Panamorph.

AVSMike

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 11:31:18 PM »
Paladin + XM2 on clearance. $2,995.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal