AVS Discussions
  Go Down

JVC Autocal Software V12 calibration for 2019 RS1000/RS2000/RS3000/NX5/NX7/NX9

bmoney

does anyone have an old spyder5 they would be willing to sell or let me borrow?  i cant find one for my rs600
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

@dcchan2: Thanks for the feedback.

What I noticed is a decrease in brightness after autocal - this was caused by the color autocal,right?
My eye doesn't see "better" colors, so I'm not too happy right now.
Is there a way to influence autocal to go for more brightness?

If there isn't (at least with my level of knowledge), the only way for me would be to restore the ini and just do the Gamma-cal, right?

@dcchan2: Thanks for the feedback.

What I noticed is a decrease in brightness after autocal - this was caused by the color autocal,right?
My eye doesn't see "better" colors, so I'm not too happy right now.
Is there a way to influence autocal to go for more brightness?

If there isn't (at least with my level of knowledge), the only way for me would be to restore the ini and just do the Gamma-cal, right?
Gamma droop raises the midrange luminance, so running gamma autocal (which eliminates the gamma droop) will make the midrange darker.  Colour autocal may make the peak luminance lower, when bringing the white closer to D65.  If you switch to HighBright (even after autocal) it gives you the brightest picture (but not close to D65).

If you watch autocal run it actually displays the luminance at each greyscale level, before and after calibration, but unfortunately the log does not capture those values.

If you had separate gamma and colour autocal runs, you can back up to to any specific run.  Restoring the Init file will bring you back to the state before you run any autocal.

Thanks again.
In an other forum manni stated that setting the sceen size bigger than 60“ will cause brightness loss, this was autocal v5/6 though.
Is this still the case? Or are there any other things i could optimize?

You can check if Autocal is causing the loss of brightness. See this previous post:

https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=1850.msg16408#msg16408

Thanks again.
In an other forum manni stated that setting the sceen size bigger than 60“ will cause brightness loss, this was autocal v5/6 though.
Is this still the case? Or are there any other things i could optimize?
I have always ahead my autocal set to the correct screen size. 

For me that’s 140”. 

Autocal actually increases the brightness of most of the NX projectors that I have run it on, and especially NX5. 3 out of 3 NX5 that I have run autocal on with my i1 Pro 2 got brighter peak white with autocal. 

Autocal was somehow able to raise red a lot and blue a little, rather than lower green, which is not possible to do manually via the gain controls. 

It’s possible it could make it dimmer, but setting the screen size large certainly doesn’t cause that. 

Autocal actually increases the brightness of most of the NX projectors that I have run it on, and especially NX5. 3 out of 3 NX5 that I have run autocal on with my i1 Pro 2 got brighter peak white with autocal.

Autocal was somehow able to raise red a lot and blue a little, rather than lower green, which is not possible to do manually via the gain controls.
I don’t believe Autocal can raise the RGB levels beyond what HighBright shows. 

I don’t believe Autocal can raise the RGB levels beyond what HighBright shows.
No, of course not.

But it can raise them compared to the stock color profiles.

For example, stock rec709 color profile: 
https://nicko88.com/misc/nx5_2020/stock709.pdf

If I were to calibrate that manually, I would have to lower green and blue to meet red with the RGB gains. (since by default they are at their max adjustment values in the RGB gain control)

This would lower the peak white considerably.

But autocal results in this: 
https://nicko88.com/misc/nx5_2020/cal709.pdf

It's able to create a new rec709 color profile carved out from measurements taken in high bright mode, and it results in a balanced D65 that's a little brighter than the stock color profile was.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 02:56:27 PM by SirMaster »

But it can raise them compared to the stock color profiles.
My point was that one can predict whether one can potentially benefit from Colour Autocal, by looking at HighBright. 

I tried high bright today. Oh boy, this looks off quite bad and is just barely brighter. I went back to a calibrated profile asap.

The biggest difference i noticed is Gamma: black is black now, before it was grey. 

I am happy now :) 

I tried high bright today. Oh boy, this looks off quite bad and is just barely brighter. I went back to a calibrated profile asap.

The biggest difference i noticed is Gamma: black is black now, before it was grey.

I am happy now :)
You can’t use HighBright “raw”; you need to bring down the green (and red/blue) to give you D65. 

I tried to get it as good as possible (green gain -25 or so) but still, the increse in brightness compared to the colors not matching perfectly, is absolutely not worth it.

A previous post said that brightness has been lost after Autocal:
https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=1850.msg18491#msg18491

If after Autocal the peak white is as bright as the “adjusted HighBright” (adjusted using a meter to produce D65), then it simply means Autocal has not caused any loss in brightness, since HighBright is not affected by Autocal.
https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=1850.msg18494#msg18494

« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 07:14:08 AM by dcchan2 »

Nooj

Is there a faster wear of the lcd panels with use in MaxBright and RGB gain at max. or calibrated with a brighter white than D65, for example D70-D75? in summary, does the wear of the panels depend on the brightness injected above? or, does it not wear out?
JVC RS-2000 / 100" XY Black Crystal / madVR HTPC / Marantz SR7015 / 2x XTZ Edge A2-300 / 6x BeoAmp 2
5x XTZ Cinema M6 + S2 + Spirit 6 / 2x XTZ Sub 1x12 Edge / Sub DIY 12 "Alpine X-Series" / Earthquake Q10B

Is there a faster wear of the lcd panels with use in MaxBright and RGB gain at max. or calibrated with a brighter white than D65, for example D70-D75? in summary, does the wear of the panels depend on the brightness injected above? or, does it not wear out?
No, HighBright and Maximum Gains are not power boosts that put additional stress on the projector components. They simply allow the “native” light from the bulb to pass through with minimum correction. 

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal