AVS Discussions
  Go Down

JVC Autocal Software V12 calibration for 2019 RS1000/RS2000/RS3000/NX5/NX7/NX9

The i1Pro2 needs to be placed in the calibration base plate with the white calibration tile open, when you click on the icon.
Thanks SO much, it works now.
Now it comes different problem. I use a more than 20 ft. of USB extension cable between the sensor and the PC because I don't have a laptop. It will not work again:(

Manni

Thanks SO much, it works now.
Now it comes different problem. I use a more than 20 ft. of USB extension cable between the sensor and the PC because I don't have a laptop. It will not work again:(
Use a powered USB hub on the i1pro side of the USB extension, it will work fine.

If you use more than one meter, make sure your USB hub has at least a 2AMP power adapter.

Also, use a USB 2.0 hub, USB 3.0 can cause issues.

ENT

Unlike the e-shift models which require a specific button sequence on the remote, for the N7 the factory reset can be accessed directly from the standard menu.
Anything else that can only be accessed from the service menu?
I don't need a factory reset,  I want access to service menu for use internal patterns in order to do a correction matrix for SpiderX directly from the projector without external patterns generator. I don't know if there is another method for use the internal patterns.

Does V12 works properly with window XP . My alternative of not having a long USB cord is an old Laptop that still runs on windows XP. Thanks in advance:)

Manni

Does V12 works properly with window XP . My alternative of not having a long USB cord is an old Laptop that still runs on windows XP. Thanks in advance:)
See in the second post for the link to the Autocal V12, it doesn't support XP:

Microsoft Windows 10(32/64bit)
Microsoft Windows 8(32/64bit)
Microsoft Windows 7(32/64bit)

are the only OSes supported.

It doesn't mean that it won't work with XP, but I certainly haven't tried, so you would have to try yourself if no one confirms.

There is nothing wrong with using a long USB extension, as long as you have a powered USB Hub at the i1pro end. That's what I do, and it works fine as long as the power adapter for the USB Hub is strong enough (2A or more for 4-port).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 12:44:50 PM by Manni »

jj-34

I use this one :  CSL - USB 3.0 5m amplified  and it works very well.

Manni

I use this one :  CSL - USB 3.0 5m amplified  and it works very well.
Sure, but the OP needs more than 7 meters (20ft), and an amplified extension cable can only be used for one device.

The advantage of using a powered hub is that you can use any extension length you want, and you can connect as many meters you need with a single extension (as long as the power adapter for the hub is strong enough).

Anyway, they have all the info now...

Nooj

Hello, thank you Manni for all these explanations.

i will be getting an NX5 soon, i am planning 3dlut calibration with Display CAL for MADVR.

Seeing that the NX5 doesn't have a Dci P3 filter but still covers 84%, can I create a lut3d DCI-P3 to take advantage of the native gamut of the projector?

Excuse me, this is a translation from French to English.

Thank you
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 07:15:51 PM by Nooj »
JVC RS-2000 / 100" XY Black Crystal / madVR HTPC / Marantz SR7015 / 2x XTZ Edge A2-300 / 6x BeoAmp 2
5x XTZ Cinema M6 + S2 + Spirit 6 / 2x XTZ Sub 1x12 Edge / Sub DIY 12 "Alpine X-Series" / Earthquake Q10B

Manni

Hello, thank you Manni for all these explanations.

i will be getting an NX5 soon, i am planning 3dlut calibration with Display CAL for MADVR.

Seeing that the NX5 doesn't have a Dci P3 filter but still covers 84%, can I create a lut3d DCI-P3 to take advantage of the native gamut of the projector?

Excuse me, this is a translation from French to English.

Thank you
Hi,

Sure, you can do that, just make sure your 3D LUT targets a 2.2 gamma as this is what madVR uses to tonemap HDR content to SDR (when using pixel shaders).

You might get a bit of posterization as your N5 doesn't reach the full P3 gamut, but there are ways to address that depending on the software you use. The simplest way to do so is to not use the Autocal, so not to use a DCI-P3 preset in the JVC but to use profile off / high bright so your baseline is the native gamut and let the 3D LUT do all the correction. It's very easy to do with the N5 as there is no filter. This will ensure that no posterization is added with the 3D LUT due to the gamut compression that the JVCs do at the edge of the gamut.

With the N7/N9, it's more difficult as profile off is only available without the filter, but I've asked HD Fury to add a feature to the JVC Macros to enable the filter when needed for a calibration so if you have a Maestro/Diva/Vertex2 and it works great, so there is a way forward for N7/N9 users too.

Profile off tracks DCI-P3 fairly closely, even if the white balance is completely off.

If DisplayCAL doesn't set the white balance with the LUT, you'll simply have to set 100% white to D65 in the high bright color temp, and let the 3D LUT do the rest.

As this is mostly off topic, please do not ask further questions on madVR or DisplayCAL in this thread :)

Bonne chance!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 08:22:42 AM by Manni »

When using SpyderX facing the sensor at the screen, how is it possible to adjacent the projector relative to the screen when the projector is fixed install on the ceiling?

I use this one :  CSL - USB 3.0 5m amplified  and it works very well.
I was using this BlueRigger USB 2.0 Active Extension/Repeater Cable - Type A Male to A Female (24FT)
and it didn't work :(

Manni

I was using this BlueRigger USB 2.0 Active Extension/Repeater Cable - Type A Male to A Female (24FT)
and it didn't work :(
As I said, you need to use a passive extension with a USB 2.0 HUB (2A mini for 4-port) on the meter side. That's guaranteed to work. It might also work with your active extension. The i1pro needs a lot of power, and the active extension doesn't provide enough. I won't comment any further as if you don't want to try what works, that's your right :).

When using SpyderX facing the sensor at the screen, how is it possible to adjacent the projector relative to the screen when the projector is fixed install on the ceiling?
See the previous question and the reply:

https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=1850.msg17431#msg17431

Does anybody send in the i1 Pro 2 for recertification ?

I don't need a factory reset,  I want access to service menu for use internal patterns in order to do a correction matrix for SpiderX directly from the projector without external patterns generator. I don't know if there is another method for use the internal patterns.
The sequence for old VPRs was up-down-right-left-enter. Maybe it works with N series as well.
Are you sure there are internal patterns helpful for correction, like R,G,B and W?

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal