AVS Discussions
  Go Down

JVC Autocal Software V12 calibration for 2019 RS1000/RS2000/RS3000/NX5/NX7/NX9

Quick question about the EFI ES-2000 ( still waiting for it ) it seems that it is not delivered with an attachment to a photo tripod (as opposed to the xrite I1 pro2),  if true how do you attach it  ?
I ended up buying this for my EFI ES-2000, though you might want to find a slightly larger one. That one works but just barely due to the size of the meter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072KNBV21/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can also confirm that the meter shows up as an i1Pro2 in ChromaPure. I gave Tom Huffman the serial number and he added the meter to my licence. Works great. I did some touch ups of my RS2000 last night with it.
A/V Reviewer
Home Theater Review
My Equipment

jj-34

I ended up buying this for my EFI ES-2000, though you might want to find a slightly larger one. That one works but just barely due to the size of the meter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072KNBV21/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That's a good idea,   and they ship to France !

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc

I can also confirm that the meter shows up as an i1Pro2 in ChromaPure. I gave Tom Huffman the serial number and he added the meter to my licence. Works great. I did some touch ups of my RS2000 last night with it.
Maybe it's time for a brief RS2000 review update, touching on the DTM and thoughts now that you've had it a while. 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

As you can see, you are affected by the same inaccuracy on green. I'm pretty sure that your green is not that far from the reference. And trying to fix it, your Autocal is reducing the overall luminance (and making the green worse). Haven't you noticed a reduced luminance? Once I reset and calibrated color again using the i1 pro 2, I realized that the green was much better, as I was supposing. See my previous posts. I had the exact same behavior shown by you. And see what i1 pro 2 reported instead.

Man, I hope it is a bug in the software and it gets corrected.  Trying hard not to have to spend the $ and get a i1 pro 2.  Maybe i will just do the same for now and reset, doing just gamma with the SpyderX.  

jj-34

Just received the EFI ES-2000, the vendor did not lie, it's brand new unused even the stickers are still on and it's dated 08-2017.
Using DisplayCal I will try to use it do a correction matrix of my spyder 5 and X and see how they compare.
Question : by doing this is it possible to have a visual indication / chart of the comparison or are they just figures to be interpreted ?  Sorry I have never done this before.

Man, I hope it is a bug in the software and it gets corrected.  Trying hard not to have to spend the $ and get a i1 pro 2.  Maybe i will just do the same for now and reset, doing just gamma with the SpyderX. 
Ditto!

Just received the EFI ES-2000, the vendor did not lie, it's brand new unused even the stickers are still on and it's dated 08-2017.
Using DisplayCal I will try to use it do a correction matrix of my spyder 5 and X and see how they compare.
Question : by doing this is it possible to have a visual indication / chart of the comparison or are they just figures to be interpreted ?  Sorry I have never done this before.
I would suggest, simply measure gamut with all three (without correction matrix) and compare them. You should be able to have an indication of dE for the vertex (RGB) and white. I guess you will have a bad green with the SpyderX like me. Please consider that correction matrix doesn’t help with autocal, as the software doesn’t offer any way to enter it.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 01:39:17 AM by CyberPaul »

jj-34

Sure, I knew that autocal does not allow a correction matrix, I only meant a way to compare the spyder 5 vs the X.
To do the actual autocal I will of course use the Spyder ( X or 5 ) for the gamma and the ES-2000 (I1 Pro2) for the colour calibration.
Later on if my knowledge improves I may even attempt a full calibration with HCFR .... ;)

Jwb2

I don't think the light loss is normal.  I did an autocal on a NX5 and NX7 with Spyder5 / i1 Pro 2 combo and both times it slightly increased brightness post calibration.

The gamma cal shouldn't affect the brightness since gamma doesn't affect 100% white which is what you just to measure the brightness.

The color cal is what can affect brightness, but with an i1 Pro 2 I have olny seen it slightly raise brightness after cal.

Have you calculated your lumens?  The NX5 and NX7 I autocal were about 1600 lumens after autocal in high bulb full open iris and close throw.
Thank you for the reply!  You’re right, it is the color cal that’s hurting my brightness. 

I reloaded my init file and recovered my brightness (1500 lumens on my rs2000, 135” screen). 

I redid my auto cal, first with gamma/spyder x and didn’t lose any brightness. 

Then I did color/ipro 2 and lost brightness again. Went from 95 nits to 85 nits. 

Not sure if I’m doing something wrong or if that’s just what happens to my unit when the white point is calibrated?

Im at min throw/max zoom and I have the ipro 2 about 2 ft facing the screen. I changed my screen size to 60 on the autocal software bc I thought I read Manni saying that could affect brightness. 

has anyone else lost brightness with an ipro 2 color cal?

jj-34

So using my monitor and DisplayCal I did a correction matrix for both the Spyder X and 5 versus the I1 Pro2, here is the result :
https://nsm09.casimages.com/img/2019/11/08//19110803083115897516499141.jpg

Also attached the ccmx files.

Any comments about them ?

So using my monitor and DisplayCal I did a correction matrix for both the Spyder X and 5 versus the I1 Pro2, here is the result :
https://nsm09.casimages.com/img/2019/11/08//19110803083115897516499141.jpg

Also attached the ccmx files.

Any comments about them ?
What did you expect to see? You have corrected both with the same reference spectrometer so you got very similar results. I don’t understand the purpose of your test

As I recommended, to compare SpyderX to Spyder5 you have to test them uncorrected and use the i1 pro 2 as a reference. So you can determine which one is closer to it.

jj-34

Agreed the chart is of no value as far as comparing the Spyder 5 against the X, but joining the 2 matrix files I was hoping that they could help to decide which one is the best to keep.
So my question now is how can I test them uncorrected against the I1 pro 2, or do I just decide to keep the X for the Autocal gamma calibration because it is faster ?

jj-34

Maybe a stupid idea, but opening side by side the 2 ccmx files Spyder 5 on the left and X on the right, and if these figures are relevant delta to the reference I1 pro 2, one can see that the righmost Spyder X figures are always smaller, can't that show that the X is more similar to the I1 pro 2 than the 5 ?
https://nsm09.casimages.com/img/2019/11/09//aoo3Ib-Spyder-5-ccmx-vs-Spyder-X.jpg

Yes, you can say that SpyderX is more accurate... according to displaycal!. The issue is that Autocal seems to not use it properly. Have you observed an incorrect green after having calibrated the color with autocal?
Try to measure the gamut with displaycal and compare it to what autocal is logging.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal