AVS Discussions
  Go Down

JVC Autocal Software V12 calibration for 2019 RS1000/RS2000/RS3000/NX5/NX7/NX9

What is the exact model number for the i1pro 2 that is needed? I was looking at X-rite’s web site and there are so many variations and I’m not sure which one is needed.
As usual the basic model is fine, since the hardware is the same and we are not going to use the software included. I bought this one: https://www.xrite.com/categories/calibration-profiling/i1basic-pro-2

I tried the 2006 driver and it remains the same ...
I asked for a budget to repair the i1Pro2 with the surprise that they asked me ¡¡¡¡¡ 570€ !!!!! (We are crazy?); anyway...!!!!!

I have chosen to buy another i1Pro2 knowing that we already have the i1Pro3.

As usual the basic model is fine, since the hardware is the same and we are not going to use the software included. I bought this one: https://www.xrite.com/categories/calibration-profiling/i1basic-pro-2
I see, thanks.

I tried the 2006 driver and it remains the same ...
I asked for a budget to repair the i1Pro2 with the surprise that they asked me ¡¡¡¡¡ 570€ !!!!! (We are crazy?); anyway...!!!!!

I have chosen to buy another i1Pro2 knowing that we already have the i1Pro3.
Are you sure that it can be used with Autocal?

Hello all,  Im using a ipro 2 for color calibration and a spyder x for gamma.  After calibrations for SDR 709 and HDR bt2020, everything looks great when I check the calibration results with my id3 pro/chromapure.

My issue is Im losing some brightness post calibration.  For example, for HDR pre calibration Im at 28FL.  Post HDR calibration, I drop down to 24FL.  Picture still looks great, but I wasnt sure if this loss of brightness was normal and to be expected or if I might have done something incorrect to cause it.

I could never get the i pro 2 into the orange box during color calibration, so I left it about 2 ft from the screen.  Could this have caused my issue?  Or is it more likely that its the spyder X causing it? 

Any advice?  Thank you!

I don't think the light loss is normal.  I did an autocal on a NX5 and NX7 with Spyder5 / i1 Pro 2 combo and both times it slightly increased brightness post calibration.

The gamma cal shouldn't affect the brightness since gamma doesn't affect 100% white which is what you just to measure the brightness.

The color cal is what can affect brightness, but with an i1 Pro 2 I have olny seen it slightly raise brightness after cal.

Have you calculated your lumens?  The NX5 and NX7 I autocal were about 1600 lumens after autocal in high bulb full open iris and close throw.

I wasn't able to get my I1 Pro to work the other night because I ran out of time, but one question to anyone who has used it to calibrate color. How and when did you do a dark reading on it? In Calman, it's part of the setup process. Is it the same in the JVC programming?
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

Manni

I wasn't able to get my I1 Pro to work the other night because I ran out of time, but one question to anyone who has used it to calibrate color. How and when did you do a dark reading on it? In Calman, it's part of the setup process. Is it the same in the JVC programming?
With the 2006 driver, I was able to leave it on its tile and it’s detected automatically when you select it, though it takes some time. With the 2009 driver, I had to press the button to do a dark calibration during detection. I might have not let it for long enough though. I’ll do more tests when I come back. We’ve discussed this just a few pages back.

This is also discussed in the basic section (though not the driver difference).

With the 2006 driver, I was able to leave it on its tile and it’s detected automatically when you select it, though it takes some time. With the 2009 driver, I had to press the button to do a dark calibration during detection. I might have not let it for long enough though. I’ll do more tests when I come back. We’ve discussed this just a few pages back.

This is also discussed in the basic section (though not the driver difference).
Thanks Manni. I'll do a search. Are there any links to the different drivers? I'm not which one I'm using. 
Sound & Vision Magazine

Thanks Manni. I'll do a search. Are there any links to the different drivers? I'm not which one I'm using.
2009 driver is coming with Windows. If you download it from X-Rite official site, you got the 2006 one:
https://www.xrite.com/service-support/downloads/i/i1drivers_32_64_bit_win2000_xp_vista
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 01:14:41 PM by CyberPaul »

2009 driver is coming with Windows. If you download it from X-Rite official site, you got the 2006 one:
https://www.xrite.com/service-support/downloads/i/i1drivers_32_64_bit_win2000_xp_vista
Which driver do you recommend?
Sound & Vision Magazine

I'm using the 2006 driver because:

• Manni reported it doesn't require to press the initialization button
  • There was the suspect that the relatively new 2009 driver was leading to an inaccurate calibration

« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 02:53:53 PM by CyberPaul »

ENT

I'm using the 2006 driver because:

• Manni reported it doesn't require to press the initialization button
  • There was the suspect that the relatively new 2009 driver was leading to an inaccurate calibration
Are you sure? I am using EFI2000 - I saw that with 2009 driver isn't necessary to put every time the meter on the calibration plate, if don't exit from the calibration page (similar at the timed operational in Calman). Instead with the 2006 Driver each calibration needs a reinitialization step. Someone could try?  Of course, a different consideration must to be done if the calibration with 2009 driver is inaccurate.

Are you sure? I am using EFI2000 - I saw that with 2009 driver isn't necessary to put every time the meter on the calibration plate, if don't exit from the calibration page (similar at the timed operational in Calman). Instead with the 2006 Driver each calibration needs a reinitialization step. Someone could try?  Of course, a different consideration must to be done if the calibration with 2009 driver is inaccurate.
What I can tell you is that with my i1 pro 2 and 2006 driver I don’t have to initialize at any session. Just after several minutes.

jj-34

Quick question about the EFI ES-2000 ( still waiting for it ) it seems that it is not delivered with an attachment to a photo tripod (as opposed to the xrite I1 pro2),  if true how do you attach it  ?

ENT

Quick question about the EFI ES-2000 ( still waiting for it ) it seems that it is not delivered with an attachment to a photo tripod (as opposed to the xrite I1 pro2),  if true how do you attach it  ?
You can use the black neutral plate support included in the box and  fix it to a tripod with electrical plastic clamp, it is very easy.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal