AVS Discussions
  Go Down

SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System
« on: May 30, 2018, 04:06:14 PM »
I got two sets of these to try on my PC12 Plus cylinder subs. So far, I like them ! The bass in my room does seem tighter, but anything I can do to prevent rattles, I'm willing to try. They certainly seem to work better under cylinder subs than the isolation pads !
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

Re: SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 05:33:22 AM »
I have to give the SoundPath isolation feet a two thumbs up as well. i recently installed them on my SVS PB-13 Ultra and all the rattles that I got previously has disappeared. The sub is in the main level of my house and the wooden floor carried the vibrations and made an awful rattle during scenes with high bass output. Now I just get the high bass output without the rattles. Highly recommended.

Cal68

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 11:14:04 AM »
I have to give the SoundPath isolation feet a two thumbs up as well. i recently installed them on my SVS PB-13 Ultra and all the rattles that I got previously has disappeared. The sub is in the main level of my house and the wooden floor carried the vibrations and made an awful rattle during scenes with high bass output. Now I just get the high bass output without the rattles. Highly recommended.

Cal68
Interesting option.  I have a DIY subwoofer (made by Marty and Nick Lemons, Sundown Audio), which is 8'x2'x2', housing 4 18" Stereo Integrity drivers, sitting on a wooden floor, with a crawl space below.  You can really "feel" the sound, as well as hear it, but I am also bothered by a variety of room rattles and vibrations.  Some I have identified and dealt with, but others I can't pinpoint.

I currently have it on 6 or 8 'furniture coasters' I bought at Lowe's, with carpet-like material on the bottom, to allow me to more easily move it around when needed (it probably weighs around 400-450 pounds, according to Marty, and I believe him).  I don't know how much, if any, impact these have on any of this.

Will isolation feet like this negatively impact the deeply visceral impact I now experience and enjoy, by decoupling it from the wood floor and crawl space?

Thanks.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 11:41:26 AM »
" Will isolation feet like this negatively impact the deeply visceral impact I now experience and enjoy, by decoupling it from the wood floor and crawl space? " -

They haven't affected the ability to feel LFE in my theater. 

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 01:14:48 PM »
" Will isolation feet like this negatively impact the deeply visceral impact I now experience and enjoy, by decoupling it from the wood floor and crawl space? " -

They haven't affected the ability to feel LFE in my theater.
Thanks for the reply, Craig.  Are you also on a crawl space?  This may be a factor, or not - I really don't know.

I have to admit, I'm intrigued by this option.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 01:51:48 PM »
I'm in a bonus room over a two car garage, so a framed wood floor with trusses etc. 

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 02:43:57 PM »
Thanks.

I'm trying to find out how much weight they'll support - doesn't say in their promotional materials and specifications, and for whatever reason, their online chat function isn't getting any response from them.

The other challenge would be how to get them attached, or at least under, my sub.  I'd probably need 6 units, to support it at the ends, and in the middle, but given its weight and bulk, there wouldn't be any way to screw them in (no holes for that anyway).  So I'd probably have to have 1 or more people lift, while I apply them with double-sided tape or something like that.  And perhaps put some carpet like material underneath the bottom, so it could be slid to move when necessary.

Any other suggestions appreciated.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 05:01:48 PM »
Thanks.

I'm trying to find out how much weight they'll support - doesn't say in their promotional materials and specifications, and for whatever reason, their online chat function isn't getting any response from them.

The other challenge would be how to get them attached, or at least under, my sub.  I'd probably need 6 units, to support it at the ends, and in the middle, but given its weight and bulk, there wouldn't be any way to screw them in (no holes for that anyway).  So I'd probably have to have 1 or more people lift, while I apply them with double-sided tape or something like that.  And perhaps put some carpet like material underneath the bottom, so it could be slid to move when necessary.

Any other suggestions appreciated.
Can you screw them to the bottom of the sub cabinet ? 

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 06:32:10 PM »
Can you screw them to the bottom of the sub cabinet ?
It would likely be possible, but the challenge would be how to get it up high enough, and stable enough, what to put it on to support its weight, etc., to actually do this.  It's a big, heavy piece of furniture - 8'x2'x2', weighing in the 400-450 or so pound range.

AVSMike

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 09:07:44 AM »
It would likely be possible, but the challenge would be how to get it up high enough, and stable enough, what to put it on to support its weight, etc., to actually do this.  It's a big, heavy piece of furniture - 8'x2'x2', weighing in the 400-450 or so pound range.
You have it on glides. Pull it away from the wall. Place pillows behind it and then roll it onto its back. Then attach feet. Turn it back upright and place glides under the outside four feet. Slide back in place and then remove the glides.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 11:35:16 AM »
You have it on glides. Pull it away from the wall. Place pillows behind it and then roll it onto its back. Then attach feet. Turn it back upright and place glides under the outside four feet. Slide back in place and then remove the glides.
Thanks, Mike.  I was thinking similarly last night, about rolling it on its back.  Adding the pillows is a great idea!

I may have to give these a try.

AVSMike

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 01:05:56 PM »
Thanks, Mike.  I was thinking similarly last night, about rolling it on its back.  Adding the pillows is a great idea!

I may have to give these a try.
I have had to do this for big subwoofers, myself. :)
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 06:58:30 PM »
I went ahead and called the guy who built my subwoofer, to get his opinion.  He thought it would be helpful, and a good thing to do, but recommended trying these instead:

Anti-vibration Pads

I also contacted SVS, and was told that each of theirs was rated at 10-40 pounds, so I would need 10 of their feet, to handle the 400 or so pounds my sub weighs.  That would be about $120, which is getting kind of ridiculous considering this is basically a plug of rubber.

At $7.47 for a pack of 4 of the pads on Amazon, I think I'll go that route.  They would also be easier to apply, not requiring me to turn the sub on its back.  Just lift it enough to get these in.

AVSMike

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 11:07:47 AM »
My theater room used to be an exercise room, so the flooring is black interlocking rubber floor tile. So everything in my room sits on a thin rubber isolation pad. :) 

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal