AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Black Panther 4K Blu-ray

Re: Black Panther 4K Blu-ray
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2019, 09:53:08 AM »
Those pictures of black panther on your rs4500 are amazing looking! i am going .to watch Widows tonight i have added some subs to my room. i have 2 monolith 12's and now a monolith 15 and bought a minidsp 2x4 and umik1 mic to try to dial in my room. lets see if i can wake the kids tonight ;D

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2019, 09:54:34 AM »
craig, how do you like the 2 sb2000 you have?? any reason you went with those instead of ported ones? do they play nice with your other 2 cylindar subs>?

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2019, 02:18:25 PM »
craig, how do you like the 2 sb2000 you have?? any reason you went with those instead of ported ones? do they play nice with your other 2 cylindar subs>?

One reason - so I could hide them behind the velvet curtains in the front of the room. They just fit. I recently checked whether the SB3000's would fit. Nope - too deep. I don't have room for anything larger, but with the twin PC12 Plus subs in the rear, it's just perfect ! The bass isn't boomy, but you can feel it easily during lots of scenes. In Black panther, the final fight scene on the magnetic train tracks makes the room feel like it's vibrating when the train goes by. It's a crowd pleaser in my theater for sure ! .50 caliber machine gun fire in Fury is easily felt too. 4 subs - 2 front, 2 rear, really are an improvement !!
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2019, 02:49:38 PM »
did you have to use a minidsp to get everything to play nice together?

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2019, 02:51:59 PM »
thaks for the review! pics look incredibly sharp! i have fury and heard it has good lfe  on soundtrack but havent watched it yet..so im excited to watch it hopefully tonight  it with my 2 monolith 12s and monolith 15. ;D 

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2019, 03:51:57 PM »
did you have to use a minidsp to get everything to play nice together?

No. I ran a test tone and used my Radio Shack SPL meter to get each one identical output wise. That has gotten it sounding great. I considered a mini dsp, but I doubt I could get it much better. The sound in my room currently sounds better than ever. Now I hesitate to change anything for a while !
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal