Jumanji Welcome to the Jungle 4k UHD

bmoney

Jumanji Welcome to the Jungle 4k UHD
« on: March 20, 2018, 07:58:27 PM »
picture 10/10
Sound 10/10
Movie 9/10

SO CLOSE TO PERFECT...

its not a best picture winner and outstanding movie so no 30 points...but a very good movie with lots of laughs and nice action.....such a great follow up to the mediocre original!

Reference Picture....the colors....oh man oh man....the tasty colors...wait till you see the jungle. Uber crisp with insane details...inky blacks.....just as good as it gets

Sound...top 2 or 3 ATMOS i have ever heard no doubt....deep loud bass....incredible use of height speakers

This is a blind buy for sure....Highly recommended!!
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

Re: Jumanji Welcome to the Jungle 4k UHD
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 10:08:48 PM »
We rented this last night - pretty fun movie.  Jack Black was great.

PQ was top notch indeed.  Detail stunning and the colors with the rich greenery, etc. was really good.  Excellent shadow detail too in some of the darker scenes.  Audio was also top notch - my surrounds are actually mounted near the ceiling and really gave great effect.  One thing I like was how the dialogue was balanced with the louder scenes. So many new movies have dialogue too low relative to the loud/action scenes (presumably for more dynamic range).

AVSMike

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 12:13:24 PM »
I have started to buy this movie a couple times now. Have not been able to make up my mind.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 12:38:37 PM »
We rented this last night - pretty fun movie.  Jack Black was great.

PQ was top notch indeed.  Detail stunning and the colors with the rich greenery, etc. was really good.  Excellent shadow detail too in some of the darker scenes.  Audio was also top notch - my surrounds are actually mounted near the ceiling and really gave great effect.  One thing I like was how the dialogue was balanced with the louder scenes. So many new movies have dialogue too low relative to the loud/action scenes (presumably for more dynamic range).

There are movies where I have to boost dialog to be able to hear it clearly without the soundtrack being too loud overall. The movie " Rush " comes to mind. The car racing can overwhelm the dialog otherwise. 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 12:40:22 PM »
I have started to buy this movie a couple times now. Have not been able to make up my mind.

Same here - not sure I'm going to get this or not. There are a lot of movies coming this year on 4K - new and catalog titles ( I've got 25 on my list already ) !
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 09:32:45 PM »
I'm one of the few people left in the world who is fortunately surrounded by three Family Video stores - one is just a mile down the road.  They carry all new UHD BD releases (except catalog titles) for just $3.50 a night.  If I didn't have this option, it would be a hard choice but I would probably be buying more, selling off the digital code and then the disc over at the Blu-ray site for titles I didn't want to own.

AVSMike

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 11:00:14 PM »
I'm one of the few people left in the world who is fortunately surrounded by three Family Video stores - one is just a mile down the road.  They carry all new UHD BD releases (except catalog titles) for just $3.50 a night.  If I didn't have this option, it would be a hard choice but I would probably be buying more, selling off the digital code and then the disc over at the Blu-ray site for titles I didn't want to own.

We have a Family Video store here also. Good selection of movies. Watched Jumanji Friday night. Video was excellent on this movies and the sound quality also was very good. Don't think it is one I will buy, but did enjoy the movie. :)
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal