AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Surround Sound Advice - Klipsch/Marantz

Surround Sound Advice - Klipsch/Marantz
« on: February 20, 2018, 12:52:59 PM »
Good day.  I could use some advice picking surround speakers for a system used for both Audio and Home Theater.

My living room is about 3000 cubic feet but is an open floor plan with a 8 foot opening to a 2500 cubic foot dining room and kitchen. 

I recently purchased 2x Klipsch RF-7 II, an RC-64 II, an R-115SW and a Marantz sr7007.

Cosmetically I really like the way the cones look on the Klipsch, but that is obviouly not the most important thing.    I would like to go 9.1 or 9.2 and am considering the RP-250s.  Are these completely overkill for surround?  6X RP-250s is a lot of $$, but I would certainly like the way that would look.  Would it make sense to place RP-250s in the rear and have something smaller like  R-14S for the remaining surrounds?  Something in between or another suggestion? 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

AVSMike

Re: Surround Sound Advice - Klipsch/Marantz
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 04:13:04 PM »
Side and rear surrounds?
Are you considering going Atmos at any time?
How close will the surrounds be to ears?
How many rows of seating?
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 01:47:05 PM »
No atmos.  Just one row of seating and there is not much free room with all the foosball tables :)

Both side and rear surround and possibly front.  Speakrs are probably 8 or 9 feet from ears.

Thanks. 

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 07:35:02 PM »
Those would work or smaller Klipsch bookshelf speakers on something like Sanus Steel Series stands. Probably easier to just use floor standing speakers though.
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal