AVS Discussions

* What's happening at AVS Discussions

JVC projectors Denon receiver Screen Acoustics V6 Movie reviews JVC RS420 review Sony VPLVW285 review AVS Loyalty program JVC/Stewart bundle

Surround Sound Advice - Klipsch/Marantz

Surround Sound Advice - Klipsch/Marantz
« on: February 20, 2018, 09:52:59 AM »
Good day.  I could use some advice picking surround speakers for a system used for both Audio and Home Theater.

My living room is about 3000 cubic feet but is an open floor plan with a 8 foot opening to a 2500 cubic foot dining room and kitchen. 

I recently purchased 2x Klipsch RF-7 II, an RC-64 II, an R-115SW and a Marantz sr7007.

Cosmetically I really like the way the cones look on the Klipsch, but that is obviouly not the most important thing.    I would like to go 9.1 or 9.2 and am considering the RP-250s.  Are these completely overkill for surround?  6X RP-250s is a lot of $$, but I would certainly like the way that would look.  Would it make sense to place RP-250s in the rear and have something smaller like  R-14S for the remaining surrounds?  Something in between or another suggestion? 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

Re: Surround Sound Advice - Klipsch/Marantz
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 01:13:04 PM »
Side and rear surrounds?
Are you considering going Atmos at any time?
How close will the surrounds be to ears?
How many rows of seating?
Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Carada, Da-Lite, Vutec, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan, Def Tech, RBH, M&K and many other brands.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 10:47:05 AM »
No atmos.  Just one row of seating and there is not much free room with all the foosball tables :)

Both side and rear surround and possibly front.  Speakrs are probably 8 or 9 feet from ears.

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 04:35:02 PM »
Those would work or smaller Klipsch bookshelf speakers on something like Sanus Steel Series stands. Probably easier to just use floor standing speakers though.
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:30am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig