AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Wind River BR

Wind River BR
« on: November 21, 2017, 10:45:07 AM »
I watched 'Wind River' on BR the other night and really enjoyed the movie. Amazing.
 Not sure if any of you experienced this , but in one of the scenes, there was a very looong bass note that continued on and it , at least on my setup, sounded horrible. I think it was in part due to the fact that my subs are not truly dialed in like i want them.  But the bass was so obnoxious during this scene, my daughter said , Dad that sounds really bad.
So i was forced to turn down my sub volume.
Any one experience this bass scene during this movie? it came from the movie's music.

Thoughts?

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: Wind River BR
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 11:42:25 AM »
My wife took my copy to her parents house for Thanksgiving. When I get it back up here, I'll watch it, and see what my two SVS PC12+ subs do. Do you remember the scene ?
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

bmoney

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 02:05:23 PM »
while the bass was loud (as intended) it didnt sound bad at all....i use 4  18" sealed subs
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 10:10:11 PM »
I watched 'Wind River' on BR the other night and really enjoyed the movie. Amazing.
 Not sure if any of you experienced this , but in one of the scenes, there was a very looong bass note that continued on and it , at least on my setup, sounded horrible. I think it was in part due to the fact that my subs are not truly dialed in like i want them.  But the bass was so obnoxious during this scene, my daughter said , Dad that sounds really bad.
So i was forced to turn down my sub volume.
Any one experience this bass scene during this movie? it came from the movie's music.

Thoughts?

Watched this in my theater Sat. night ( finally ) - great movie. That bass note might have been during a scene of raised tension, where they used the bass to ramp up the tension ( other movies like Gravity do the same ) and it was effective. It sounded great in my opinion. Better do some work on adjusting your audio.

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 12:13:17 AM »
Watched this in my theater Sat. night ( finally ) - great movie. That bass note might have been during a scene of raised tension, where they used the bass to ramp up the tension ( other movies like Gravity do the same ) and it was effective. It sounded great in my opinion. Better do some work on adjusting your audio.
Just came across this thread. Wind River was my favorite move of 2017 and should have received an Oscar nomination. I've seen it 4 times over the last 3 years...amazing film IMO.
Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer
Sound & Vision Magazine

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 11:05:36 PM »
Just came across this thread. Wind River was my favorite move of 2017 and should have received an Oscar nomination. I've seen it 4 times over the last 3 years...amazing film IMO.
Agreed. Jeremy Renner ( and the rest of the cast ) did a great job. Great screen play too. I love having friends that love movies but haven't seen many for one reason or another. I have this on my list of things to watch with them ( that list has 100's of movies ) ! 

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal