AVS Discussions
  Go Down

SONY G90

Re: SONY G90
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2017, 03:16:36 PM »
   And you and me can easy get a G90 to look better than a Marquee 
No I am not buying this statement and having seen Overclockers ulitmate G90 stack I will stick with
the Marquee setup by kurt everytime.
Lord Voldermort 9518LC Mooded 200lbs of awsomnes

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2017, 01:36:23 AM »
No I am not buying this statement and having seen Overclockers ulitmate G90 stack I will stick with
the Marquee setup by kurt everytime.

read again J, you understand what I mean. :)

And you and me can easy get a G90 to look better than a Marquee or the otter way around. That is just how we like the test to come out.

Fact and truth, but I leave it there.
The Marquee that you guys have might be much better.  I cant say have not seen it, and will easy be seen when me and Per have a look :)  We have seen so many different CRTs ;)
But again what me you and others like in a CRT picture can be different correct?

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 01:42:45 AM by Diddern »

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2017, 06:06:07 AM »
read again J, you understand what I mean. :)

And you and me can easy get a G90 to look better than a Marquee or the otter way around. That is just how we like the test to come out.

Fact and truth, but I leave it there.
The Marquee that you guys have might be much better.  I cant say have not seen it, and will easy be seen when me and Per have a look :)  We have seen so many different CRTs ;)
But again what me you and others like in a CRT picture can be different correct?

It can be different, but it dont very often happen if your looking at the same thing.. Im pretty sure you will also prefer better ansi contrast resolution and color reproduction, out of black performance and so on and on.. And ill be able to kill any G90 any time of the week with a Marquee.. As long as i have free hands to do with it what needs to be done.. Again some of the point with this thread was potentially to mod a G90 with a Marquee/ Gjaky videochain, make it better than a Marquee. or on pair with it, but taking advantage of the G90 superior operating and magnetic system.

Your standpoint might very well be true if you battle standard projectors, but why should we settel with less when there is actually more to get.. We dont need to be stuck in the past just because we have CRT projectors.

I want the best i can get, and having both Marquee and G90 i know what they bothe do well or not, and even that the marquee is troublesome, its not impossible, and the end result far far overtakes any other CRT i come acreoss, or HT Digital for that matter.

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2017, 06:28:03 AM »
It can be different, but it dont very often happen if your looking at the same thing.. Im pretty sure you will also prefer better ansi contrast resolution and color reproduction, out of black performance and so on and on.. And ill be able to kill any G90 any time of the week with a Marquee.. As long as i have free hands to do with it what needs to be done.. Again some of the point with this thread was potentially to mod a G90 with a Marquee/ Gjaky videochain, make it better than a Marquee. or on pair with it, but taking advantage of the G90 superior operating and magnetic system.

Your standpoint might very well be true if you battle standard projectors, but why should we settel with less when there is actually more to get.. We dont need to be stuck in the past just because we have CRT projectors.

I want the best i can get, and having both Marquee and G90 i know what they bothe do well or not, and even that the marquee is troublesome, its not impossible, and the end result far far overtakes any other CRT i come acreoss, or HT Digital for that matter.

And I think it is important so specify that  the last sentence I bolded out is your opinion, and it is not shared by many others.

I also think a Per J setup G90 would be a hard match for a Stridvognen setup Marquee. ;)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 06:41:37 AM by Andreas21 »
Regards
Andreas                                                           

Calibration software: Lightspace and Calman. TPG: Murideo Fresco SIX-G
Meters: Klein K-10 A and Jeti 1501. THX II certified.

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2017, 08:32:22 AM »
Again the main advantage of the Marquee is the simplicity of its video chain.. None of the CRT projectors are build for HD as it looks today..  I have NIB NOS 2011 build Marquee projectors here, with different board revisions.. Even worse videochain, but slightly better HDM board.. At the time they were contructed there was no DAC cards, it was all analog inputs SD resolution video.. NTSC mostly.. The weakness of the G90 is its videochain, over complicated and complex, and no way possible to save, every stage create distortions and noise, there might be 10 of those in a G90 where we have 3 in the moddet Marquee.. Plus the Marquee is the only projector where anyone have had a reference level all the way to the neckboards without clamping, who always messes up the low level performance..

So the G90 is in many ways the ultimate CRT.. But the videochain sucks for HD Blu Ray.. But it will do ok if kept below 150Mhz pixel clock.. thats 1080P 60 or 817P 72. Now im running the marquee 1080P 72 195Mhz and 817P 96hz 197Mhz..

Thats a lot higher pixel clock, but i still maintain a better cleaner signal than the G90 at 100Mhz.. So ill ask again, who wants a 720P DLP over a 1080P JVC RS600, The DLP will with no doubt be sharper, and accept 1080P and display a image, but low level sucks. Thats pretty much how i see the difference between the G90 VS ultimate Marquee.. And why i would like the Marquee / Gjaky videochain implemented in the G90 using the unike Marquee neckboards, and Gjakys high bandwidth input stage directly on the neckboards.. I dont have a problem with you likeing the 720P G90 or 909 or standard Marquee.. This thread is about making a HD resolution projector out of the G90 if possible, Maybe replace the crappy HD10F lenses and do some light controle of the tube  bell in the chassis.

So who actually has a G90 and is willing to contribute with screenshots and measurements to document the G90 performance as is..?  Im not looking for subjective opinions about how you prefer a G70 or a old 7" CRT projector showing laserdisc 20 years ago.. Objective usefull contributions to the tread to help put the standard G90 performance in the past, and make it a HD capable projector with superior performance on pair with what we can do with the Marquee today, maybe even with a twist..

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2017, 09:39:46 AM »
Again some of the point with this thread was potentially to mod a G90 with a Marquee/ Gjaky videochain, make it better than a Marquee. or on pair with it, but taking advantage of the G90 superior operating and magnetic system.

That's exactly the point of this thread and now its gone off the rails (as it usually does anytime Diddern and Andreas show up...) turning into a G90 vs. Modded Marquee debate or simply looking to argue with Kurt.  How many forums has this crap gone on and contributed to people getting banned; what are we up to 4 now???  Quite frankly, for this thread I'm entirely uninterested in any opinions on which CRT PJ you feel is the best.

FACT: G90 has superior electronics, focus system and overall consistency when compared to a stock Marquee.
FACT: Properly modded Marquee has the highest BW video chain of any 9" CRT.
HYPOTHESIS: A G90 with Gabor's modifications may combine the best of both worlds in one platform.

Now in addition to Gabor's potential  modifications if anyone can contribute other modifications or theories on how to IMPROVE the G90's performance then it belongs in this thread.

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2017, 04:45:54 PM »
I was invited by Greg to this thread, I am not the one opening the door talking about Marquee in this G90 thread then read again.
I have no intention to argue with Kurt, or others.

I just telling my experience on a G90, after what i have seen, and that was great..

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 06:49:48 PM by Diddern »

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2017, 05:36:43 PM »
I was invited by Greg to this thread, I am not the one opening the dor talking about Marquee in this G90 thread then read again.
I have no intention to argue with Kurt, or others.

I just telling my experience on a G90, after what i have seen, and that was great..
Welcome and very insightful look forward to Kurt posting his findings with his G90 as this will help other G90 owners :)

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2017, 05:40:55 PM »
So anyone want to post some G90 screenshots showing the information level the G90 can pass, and maybe some calibrations, or other relevant performance data.. ?

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2017, 10:16:24 AM »
So anyone want to post some G90 screenshots showing the information level the G90 can pass, and maybe some calibrations, or other relevant performance data.. ?
Fire up you G90 and make it happen. What you waiting for? Already solved the Marquee now solve the G90.

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2017, 10:32:21 AM »

You have one, fire it up. :)

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2017, 12:14:32 PM »
You have one, fire it up. :)

Dont worry i will when time and space alows.. In the mean time all constructive and objective input from G90 owners are welcome, but please be specifik and try document it with pictures and measurements if possible.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal