AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Whats the last Bluray you watched?

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: Whats the last Bluray you watched?
« Reply #390 on: November 11, 2018, 08:09:56 PM »
I just watched Hugo tonight.  I was shocked by how good it looked.  Exceptionally sharp and detailed, wonderfully saturated colors, excellent detail for both shadow and highlights.  I could have been convinced it was 4k if I didn't know better.

And the soundtrack was just as impressive.  Lots of music, which sounded incredibly real and natural, along with well defined sound effects and low frequency depth when the scene needed it.

The story was also quite good, with a very 'magical' quality.  Great family movie as well.

I love Hugo ! Great movie. If you get this movie and watch it afterwards as a double feature ( it's only 15 minutes long ), it will give you an entirely new appreciation of Martin Scorsese's appreciation of Georges Melies work and what a tribute Hugo really is. And you get to see a movie that's 116 years old too - one of the first films ever made !

I need to watch this again soon - thanks for the reminder !

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/A-Trip-to-the-Moon-Blu-ray/197021/#Review
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:30am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig

« Reply #391 on: November 12, 2018, 03:48:12 AM »
I love Hugo ! Great movie. If you get this movie and watch it afterwards as a double feature ( it's only 15 minutes long ), it will give you an entirely new appreciation of Martin Scorsese's appreciation of Georges Melies work and what a tribute Hugo really is. And you get to see a movie that's 116 years old too - one of the first films ever made !

I need to watch this again soon - thanks for the reminder !

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/A-Trip-to-the-Moon-Blu-ray/197021/#Review

Great idea!  The Blu-ray is kind of pricey for 15 minutes, but it is available on Amazon Prime, so I'll start there.  The b/w version is also on Prime.

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #392 on: November 12, 2018, 09:14:03 AM »
Great idea!  The Blu-ray is kind of pricey for 15 minutes, but it is available on Amazon Prime, so I'll start there.  The b/w version is also on Prime.

This is how we finance film restoration ! It's how I support " the arts " !  :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 09:32:53 AM by AVSCraig »
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:30am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig

Go Up