AVS Discussions
  Go Down

HEOS by Denon

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
HEOS by Denon
« on: November 10, 2016, 07:18:04 AM »
Denon introduced the first version of HEOS wireless speakers back in 2014 which are capable of 16bit/44.1kHz streaming:

HEOS 1 (Bluetooth capable by adding the HEOS 1 Go Pack which also can power the speaker for up to 6 hours)
HEOS 3
HEOS 5
HEOS 7

Earlier in 2016, Denon introduced the newer HEOS HS2 wireless speakers (available in black or white) which are capable of 24bit/192kHz streaming as well as DSD streaming and all models are now Bluetooth capable as well as Wifi capable.

HEOS 1 HS2 - MSRP $199
HEOS 3 HS2 - MSRP $299
HEOS 5 HS2 - MSRP $399
HEOS 7 HS2 - MSRP $599

https://usa.denon.com/us/heos

Other HEOS related products include: 

HEOS Go Pack (for HEOS 1 only) - MSRP $99
HEOS Amp (2CH/100W) - MSRP $325
HEOS Extend (Wifi extender) - MSRP $99
HEOS Link (connects to AVR/AVP to allow streaming of HEOS app music services) - MSRP $349
HEOS Drive (4 zone, 8CH, 80W - MSRP $2499
HEOS Home Cinema (Soundbar and wireless sub) - MSRP $799

New for the 2016 Denon and Marantz models, a HEOS module (ie. Link) is now embedded as part of the new Denon X4300H and X6300H as well as the Marantz SR7011 and AV7703.   This module will allow receiving streamed audio from the HEOS Android/iOS app (currently available: Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, AmazonMusic, DEEZER, Napster/Rhapsody, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, SOUNDCLOUD, TIDAL, and JUKE!).

Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dnm.heos.phone&hl=en

iOS
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/heos/id843129434?mt=8

Note: Although the above music services are for consumer use only, businesses can now take advantage of HEOS as well using the new Mood:Mix service ($34.95/month) which can be added to the HEOS app once registered for the service.

Denon currently has a promotion on the new HEOS HS2 speakers, in that when one of the above D+M AVRs/AVP is purchased from AV Science by November 19, you can also select either a FREE HEOS 1 HS2, or receive a $200 credit towards a HEOS 3/5/7 HS2.  These speakers will ship with the AVR (if in stock).   
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 07:29:24 AM by AVSjd »
Call me for pricing and availability at (585) 645-1006 from 12pm - 8pm EST daily to include Sat/Sun
Email: jd@avscience.com

AVScience is an authorized dealer for Denon, Marantz, and Yamaha, as well as other audio and video related brands (eg. JVC, Sony, Def Tech, Polk, Martin Logan, etc.).

Re: HEOS by Denon
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 02:27:17 PM »
I am looking for the day when HEOS will be able to transmit to Rear Speakers.  Has anyone heard if Denon may have mentiond this at any trade show or visit from a Representative?

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 07:54:18 PM »
I am looking for the day when HEOS will be able to transmit to Rear Speakers.  Has anyone heard if Denon may have mentiond this at any trade show or visit from a Representative?

This is not the intent for HEOS speakers which are designed to be placed around the home, not in the main theater.
Call me for pricing and availability at (585) 645-1006 from 12pm - 8pm EST daily to include Sat/Sun

AVScience is an authorized dealer for Denon, Marantz, and Yamaha, as well as other audio and video related brands (eg. JVC, Sony, Def Tech, Polk, Martin Logan, etc.).

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 03:34:59 PM »
I have the 1st gen Heos 3 which I picked up for $99 and have been really happy with it. The audio quality is decent enough for the price point, but most importantly I can move it around the house or out in the garage when I'm cleaning the car so I can stream music directly from my PC or Spotify.
Theater Equipment list:
JVC RS3000, Panamorph Paladin DCR, 138" Elite 2:35:1 Screen, Oppo UDP-203, DirecTV Genie, Marantz SR-6011, Emotiva XPA-5 Mains: Paradigm Prestige 85F, Center: Paradigm Prestige 55C, Sides: Paradigm Prestige 15B, Rears: Paradigm Atom V6 Atmos: Paradigm P65-R Sub: Rhythmik FV18 Monster Power HTS-5100, GIK Acoustic Room Treatments

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 05:15:39 PM »
Sometime in the first quarter of 2017, the HEOS speakers (likely Ver 1 as well) will receive a firmware update that will allow Amazon Alexa (ie. Echo/Echo Dot) to control the HEOS speaker via voice command.

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 04:40:46 PM »
Sometime in the first quarter of 2017, the HEOS speakers (likely Ver 1 as well) will receive a firmware update that will allow Amazon Alexa (ie. Echo/Echo Dot) to control the HEOS speaker via voice command.

Nice, can't wait to try this out!
Theater Equipment list:
JVC RS3000, Panamorph Paladin DCR, 138" Elite 2:35:1 Screen, Oppo UDP-203, DirecTV Genie, Marantz SR-6011, Emotiva XPA-5 Mains: Paradigm Prestige 85F, Center: Paradigm Prestige 55C, Sides: Paradigm Prestige 15B, Rears: Paradigm Atom V6 Atmos: Paradigm P65-R Sub: Rhythmik FV18 Monster Power HTS-5100, GIK Acoustic Room Treatments

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 02:19:25 PM »
Denon has a new HEOS 1 promotion in that when a Denon X4300H/X6300H or Marantz SR7011/AV7703 is purchased from Dec 1-31, 2016, you will receive a FREE HEOS 1 HS2 speaker (Black or White) with the purchase.  Additionally, if you want to upgrade to a larger HEOS 3/5/7 speakers, AV Science will provide a $50 credit towards the upgrade purchase.

Denon also has a HEOS 3 promotion in that you can purchase a HEOS 3 HS2 (Black or White) for only $199 (MSRP $299) thru 12/3. 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 03:08:19 PM by AVSjd »

Spike

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 11:27:51 PM »
I am a real fan of the Heos line.  I'm not with the big boys quite yet though.  I simply own 3 Heos 1 HS2's.  But, man, the whole Heos system has really saved me from the constant purchasing of songs that I was doing before.  I subscribe to Pandora, Deezer (the paid subscription), TuneIn, and maybe one or two more services.  And now I occasionally make a song purchase to own, but that is really only on a rare occasion.  And now that I have the Denon X4300H, which I purchased from the AVS Science Store, I'm really excited to see how the system works from having Heos integrated right into the receiver.  I think that that is really going to be nice.  Now we're talking Huckleberries! 
Cubs Fan Since Birth! Finally Rewarded.. Go Cubs!
Television: Samsung UN65JS9000
A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X4300H
Subwoofer: HSU VTF Subwoofer
Speakers: Definitive Tech StudioMonitor 65, ProCenter 2000, ProMonitor 800, Heos 1 HS2
Digital Video Recorder: Directv 4K DVR
Set Top Box: Apple TV
Favorite Streaming Service: Deezer through Heos

Spike

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 11:35:30 PM »
I am a real fan of the Heos line.  I'm not with the big boys quite yet though.  I simply own 3 Heos 1 HS2's.  But, man, the whole Heos system has really saved me from the constant purchasing of songs that I was doing before.  I subscribe to Pandora, Deezer (the paid subscription), TuneIn, and maybe one or two more services.  And now I occasionally make a song purchase to own, but that is really only on a rare occasion.  And now that I have the Denon X4300H, which I purchased from the AVS Science Store, I'm really excited to see how the system works from having Heos integrated right into the receiver.  I think that that is really going to be nice.  Now we're talking Huckleberries!

Oh, and one more thing about Heos.  This is the only way to listen to Christmas Music.  I either have on the Pandora Classic Christmas Music Channel or I am listening to just loads upon loads of the Christmas music that Deezer provides through my paid subscription service.  And on top of that, if I just want to listen to my Christmas music that I purchased and stored on the WD My Cloud that I downloaded onto, it's all easily streamed by the Heos too.. Oh, and even just as Kewl is the ability to mix and match Christmas music from Deezer, my computer, and the My Cloud hard drive in any order and from any source whenever I want.  Man, I just love Heos. The system rawks.. oh and I'm excited to think that.. It's on my Denon X4300H, which is replacing my Heos Link. Great stuff! I love it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 07:17:44 AM by Spike »
Speakers: Definitive Tech StudioMonitor 65, ProCenter 2000, ProMonitor 800, Heos 1 HS2

Spike

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2016, 02:52:55 PM »
I set up two Heos 1 HS2 in the living room.  I was told that those who spend more time in that room than I do would never use them.  Well, the minute they walk out there in the morning, those speakers are cranked up. And They get used on and off every single day.  We're all fans of Heos now.  Love it

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2016, 04:13:51 PM »
I set up two Heos 1 HS2 in the living room.  I was told that those who spend more time in that room than I do would never use them.  Well, the minute they walk out there in the morning, those speakers are cranked up. And They get used on and off every single day.  We're all fans of Heos now.  Love it

Indeed.  :)

I've spoken to a number of customers who ordered the Denon X4300H or X6300H who originally said they couldn't see getting any use of the FREE HEOS 1 HS2 speaker yet, very quickly put it to use once they received it.  :)

AVSjd

• (aka jdsmoothie)
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 06:31:24 PM »
New HEOS promotion (current stock only) while speakers still available.

Purchase a new Denon X1300W/X2300W/X6300H or Marantz NR1506/SR5011 and receive a FREE HEOS 1 HS2 speaker.

Purchase a new Denon X7200WA and receive a FREE HEOS 5 speaker.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal