AVS Discussions
Home Theater Construction => Design => Topic started by: kenreau on November 08, 2016, 07:32:22 PM
-
Looking for input on HT seating and dimensions for walking around clearance.
My HT room is width challenged at 13' wide with the entry door and access from behind the seating space. I would like to ideally have seating for 4 people in a single/front row. The ceiling height is only 6'10" so a raised second row of seating would be another different challenge.
I was looking at the Palliser Pacifico seating for 4 with a center love seat and side singles. It has a curved width of 131". I also see a straight 4 seat sofa at a width of 106". With arms and cup holders, they measure 126".
My room width at 13' = 156". My ideal seating configuration (curved) at 131" would only leave 25" clearance (approx. 12 inches either side). The smallest straight configuration at 106" would leave (156" - 106") approx. 24" either side which sounds manageable.
Is there a consensus on a reasonable clearance to walk around the seating? Any suggestions on other seating sizes to fit for people across? About 60% of the time, it will be used by just the wife and I, 40% of the time we have a another couple over for a movie night.
Thanks
Kenreau
-
do what you feel is right for seating...once you sit down for a movie its not like you have tons of traffic getting up and down.
I have very limited room on the side of my seating...id sat 16"...yes its tight but like I said low traffic so IM not worried about it
(http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b159/bcfineberg/F623EF0D-2912-49B4-B13F-35E1FD381E02_zpse3ahxz98.jpg) (http://s19.photobucket.com/user/bcfineberg/media/F623EF0D-2912-49B4-B13F-35E1FD381E02_zpse3ahxz98.jpg.html)
-
I would light it up around the speaker...just right enough so people are aware, and leave the light on whenever a movie is playing. I am assuming the picture you have is showing your lighting that is on when everyone one is entering, but not on when viewing.
-
correct...the pic wasnt to show the lighting...but more the clearance from the wall to the seats...but yes those lights are on anytime the movie is paused or not playing....so shouldnt be a (hasnt been) a problem ;)
-
Looking for input on HT seating and dimensions for walking around clearance.
My HT room is width challenged at 13' wide with the entry door and access from behind the seating space. I would like to ideally have seating for 4 people in a single/front row. The ceiling height is only 6'10" so a raised second row of seating would be another different challenge.
I was looking at the Palliser Pacifico seating for 4 with a center love seat and side singles. It has a curved width of 131". I also see a straight 4 seat sofa at a width of 106". With arms and cup holders, they measure 126".
My room width at 13' = 156". My ideal seating configuration (curved) at 131" would only leave 25" clearance (approx. 12 inches either side). The smallest straight configuration at 106" would leave (156" - 106") approx. 24" either side which sounds manageable.
Is there a consensus on a reasonable clearance to walk around the seating? Any suggestions on other seating sizes to fit for people across? About 60% of the time, it will be used by just the wife and I, 40% of the time we have a another couple over for a movie night.
Thanks
Kenreau
I would not go with curved seating, because 12" is not near enough. So your choice is either 4 straight or two rows of two, with second row of two on a riser, just under the seating, so that you do not lose head height. How deep is the room?
-
I agree 100% curved seating takes up too much space in a small room. I wish we had a straight row. :(