AVS Discussions

Projection Screens => Screens (General) => Topic started by: AVSCraig on October 21, 2016, 03:31:03 PM

Title: Dual Electric Screens
Post by: AVSCraig on October 21, 2016, 03:31:03 PM
I've been running dual electric screens for at least 10 years now. It's the best of both worlds, and far cheaper than electric screens with masking. Anyone else doing this ? Current screens -
Stewart Luxus Model A ElectriScreen, StudioTek 130 G3 material – 50.2 x 118 x 128.2 diagonal   2.35:1
Stewart Luxus Model A ElectriScreen, Neve 1.1 material – 59.5 x 106 x 122 diagonal    1.78:1 


(https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/10553602_10204360198346101_6405383697968618120_n.jpg?oh=2e5ad899eea585b77d5366dae74f4c01&oe=58ACC43E)
Title: Re: Dual Electric Screens
Post by: Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting on October 21, 2016, 04:57:22 PM
Is that pic from inside your home? Very cool...
Title: Re: Dual Electric Screens
Post by: AVSCraig on October 24, 2016, 01:13:08 PM
Is that pic from inside your home? Very cool...

It is - my home theater. Two eyes, two screens, two projectors !
Title: Re: Dual Electric Screens
Post by: Chris Seymour on October 26, 2016, 06:16:04 PM
I'll see your two screens and raise you one!   :P

The back is a 40 degree wide 16:9 Center Stage XD.  The middle one is a 45 degree wide 2.40 Center Stage UF.  The front one is a 30 degree wide 16:9 Enlightor-4K.  All three calibrated with their own memory from Jeff Meier (AccuCal).
Title: Re: Dual Electric Screens
Post by: AVSCraig on October 28, 2016, 05:05:03 PM
I'll see your two screens and raise you one!   :P

The back is a 40 degree wide 16:9 Center Stage XD.  The middle one is a 45 degree wide 2.40 Center Stage UF.  The front one is a 30 degree wide 16:9 Enlightor-4K.  All three calibrated with their own memory from Jeff Meier (AccuCal).

I bow to the Master of Multi - screens !  :)
Title: Re: Dual Electric Screens
Post by: AVSMike on October 28, 2016, 07:56:49 PM
I'll see your two screens and raise you one!   :P

The back is a 40 degree wide 16:9 Center Stage XD.  The middle one is a 45 degree wide 2.40 Center Stage UF.  The front one is a 30 degree wide 16:9 Enlightor-4K.  All three calibrated with their own memory from Jeff Meier (AccuCal).

For some reason, I think you have an advantage in this race. :)
Title: Re: Dual Electric Screens
Post by: AVSCraig on November 03, 2016, 06:13:19 PM
I'll see your two screens and raise you one!   :P

The back is a 40 degree wide 16:9 Center Stage XD.  The middle one is a 45 degree wide 2.40 Center Stage UF.  The front one is a 30 degree wide 16:9 Enlightor-4K.  All three calibrated with their own memory from Jeff Meier (AccuCal).

But do you have two projectors ? In your case you would need three !

(https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/943864_10208329234529525_334770285046129527_n.jpg?oh=cf83e2e6c6748185377df81b69e79d6a&oe=58914E3D)
Title: Re: Dual Electric Screens
Post by: Chris Seymour on November 05, 2016, 09:40:14 AM
For some reason, I think you have an advantage in this race. :)

I know a guy...
Title: Re: Dual Electric Screens
Post by: AVSCraig on May 19, 2017, 05:34:24 PM
The ultimate two screen set up -

16:9 Stewart Cima Neve tensioned 122" diagonal electric screen.

(https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18620963_10212912925678939_6927292725931102831_o.jpg?oh=9cc3ae97bab249536f206056fbe7ebc0&oe=59B2E461)

Switching to the 2.35:1 aspect ratio screen.

(https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18518073_10212912926518960_3854838832667901200_o.jpg?oh=00e90c49a08eb987d266484e6a3bc56f&oe=59BF6C6E)

2.35:1 Stewart StudioTek 130 G3 tensioned 128" diagonal electric screen.

(https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18527502_10212912927278979_5119229680617771786_o.jpg?oh=dda06e1e55d8bb663935f4f6bec97e9d&oe=59B123A9)








Title: Re: Dual Electric Screens
Post by: jorgebetancourt on May 28, 2017, 05:22:05 PM
The ultimate two screen set up -

16:9 Stewart Cima Neve tensioned 122" diagonal electric screen.

(https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18620963_10212912925678939_6927292725931102831_o.jpg?oh=9cc3ae97bab249536f206056fbe7ebc0&oe=59B2E461)

Switching to the 2.35:1 aspect ratio screen.

(https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18518073_10212912926518960_3854838832667901200_o.jpg?oh=00e90c49a08eb987d266484e6a3bc56f&oe=59BF6C6E)

2.35:1 Stewart StudioTek 130 G3 tensioned 128" diagonal electric screen.

(https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18527502_10212912927278979_5119229680617771786_o.jpg?oh=dda06e1e55d8bb663935f4f6bec97e9d&oe=59B123A9)

I need to do this for sure.. Next year..
Title: Re: Dual Electric Screens
Post by: AVSCraig on May 29, 2017, 11:26:09 AM
I need to do this for sure.. Next year..

Less expensive than an electric masking screen. Bigger Avatar / Super Bowl ( than on a 2.35:1 screen ) + bigger 2.35:1 ( than on a 16:9 screen ) = win !  :)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal