AVS Discussions

Movie and TV Discussion => Blu-rays => Topic started by: HomeTheaterGuy on May 05, 2017, 11:49:35 AM

Title: Hate the movie, but love to use it for demo
Post by: HomeTheaterGuy on May 05, 2017, 11:49:35 AM
What movie do you hate to watch, but love to use to show off you system?
Title: Re: Hate the movie, but love to use it for demo
Post by: AVSCraig on May 05, 2017, 01:03:18 PM
I can't say I have any I hate, rather some I've seen way too many times. Avatar and Lucy are two that come to mind. 
Title: Re: Hate the movie, but love to use it for demo
Post by: TRainH2O on March 31, 2019, 10:34:38 AM
Most of the Transformers movies look and sound great. However, I wouldn't say any of them are cinematic works of art.

Another one (dare I say), The Fifth Element. It's a longtime AV enthusiast goto for demos but for me, it's a bit too out there storywise and I love a good SciFi flick.
Title: Re: Hate the movie, but love to use it for demo
Post by: tripplej on April 01, 2019, 11:27:32 AM
I agree about Transformers. Great AV material but the story is very weak. lol. :)
Title: Re: Hate the movie, but love to use it for demo
Post by: TRainH2O on April 01, 2019, 11:52:27 AM
I agree about Transformers. Great AV material but the story is very weak. lol. :)
Sure you didn't mean The Fifth Element? ::)

Well, I could put a few of the Terminator movies into that same category. 
Title: Re: Hate the movie, but love to use it for demo
Post by: tripplej on April 01, 2019, 05:26:20 PM
I hated castaway. Great video presentation but to me it was a giant fedex commercial. lol. :)
Title: Re: Hate the movie, but love to use it for demo
Post by: TRainH2O on April 01, 2019, 06:48:46 PM
Don't forget the blatant product placement for Wilson sports. ;D

It has been a while since I saw it, but I remember liking Castaway.  
Title: Re: Hate the movie, but love to use it for demo
Post by: David Vaughn on April 01, 2019, 06:56:18 PM
Remember, coconut is a natural laxative ;)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal