AVS Discussions
Movie and TV Discussion => Movie reviews => Topic started by: HomeTheaterGuy on May 15, 2026, 09:07:33 AM
-
Do you subscribe to multiple streaming sources, cable TV, Satellite, Blu-ray, or something else?
-
Do you subscribe to multiple streaming sources, cable TV, Satellite, Blu-ray, or something else?
Netflix
Amazon
Paramount+
Disney+
We watch Amazon the least of all of the services and if it wasn't included with our Prime membership, we probably wouldn't have it at all. Sadly, there are some months that none of the services get used, which seems like a waste of money. Then again, I pay $190 a month for cable and I only watch a handful of shows on there.
-
Amazon, but like David said, only for the other Prime benefits. This is especially true since they've added commercials while also dropping the quality of the basic service. I wish it was severable from the free shipping.
Disney+, but only because I got a free year of it through a TiVo offer. (I have yet to watch anything on it since cancelling a few years ago).
But all serious viewing is done on disc. We had been loyal disc renters from Netflix, but when they went exclusively streaming, we discovered our local library system after trying some other rental services. They have a fantastic selection of new and older titles on Blu-ray and have been steadily increasing the number of 4K discs available each year.
For regular TV viewing it's either local stations via OTA antenna (can't beat the price) or YouTube's free content.
For the amount of time we have to watch other things, and the premium cost to get the best quality tiers, the other streaming services just aren't worth it for us. Maybe that will change in retirement.
I love the concept of Kaleidescape but the equipment costs and doubts about the long-term viability of the company have kept me away.
-
Veesee box