AVS Discussions

AV Science => Information => Topic started by: AVSLaurie on April 01, 2026, 08:09:05 AM

Title: Mike Garrett has retired!
Post by: AVSLaurie on April 01, 2026, 08:09:05 AM
Well, today it is official, Mike has retired. I am incredibly grateful to him for all the years of hard work, support and knowledge that he has given to AVS and our customers. I wish him and Lee all the happiness they can handle now that he doesn't have to have his cell phone glued to his hip. :-*

Thanks Mike, we are definitely going to miss you.

Title: Re: Mike Garrett has retired!
Post by: David Vaughn on April 01, 2026, 11:36:31 AM
Well, today it is official, Mike has retired. I am incredibly grateful to him for all the years of hard work, support and knowledge that he has given to AVS and our customers. I wish him and Lee all the happiness they can handle now that he doesn't have to have his cell phone glued to his hip. :-*

Thanks Mike, we are definitely going to miss you.
As someone who retired last June, welcome to the club Mike! I used to be on the phone hours per day and now my phone rarely rings other than for spam calls or the occasional call from former colleagues. Enjoy all the free time!
Title: Re: Mike Garrett has retired!
Post by: bmoney on April 01, 2026, 01:34:06 PM
congrats!!  only 12 more years for me lol
Title: Re: Mike Garrett has retired!
Post by: SRW1000 on April 01, 2026, 07:14:26 PM
Congratulations and best wishes, Mike!
Title: Re: Mike Garrett has retired!
Post by: Paul Heroy on April 01, 2026, 11:38:50 PM
Wow, congrats Mike!

I'm also recently retired, just over a year. A bit earlier than planned but all good, and enjoying being a man of leisure - and A/V toys. ::)
Title: Re: Mike Garrett has retired!
Post by: David Vaughn on April 02, 2026, 11:56:55 AM
Wow, congrats Mike!

I'm also recently retired, just over a year. A bit earlier than planned but all good, and enjoying being a man of leisure - and A/V toys. ::)
Same with me...about 18 months earlier than initially planned, but luckily, I saved for that contingency. Now I have a serious vision problem, I just can't see myself ever going to work again :D
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal