AVS Discussions

Movie and TV Discussion => Upcoming Releases => Topic started by: SRW1000 on December 30, 2025, 08:25:20 PM

Title: Watch Predator: Badlands at Home on 4K UHD and Blu-ray on 2/17/2026
Post by: SRW1000 on December 30, 2025, 08:25:20 PM
(https://i.imgur.com/vO5seBQ.png)

From the Disney press release:

A bold new chapter in the legendary Predator franchise arrives January 6 when Predator: Badlands unleashes its pulse-pounding sci-fi action on Digital including Prime Video, Apple TV, and Fandango at Home. The hunt continues in the new year with the film’s arrival on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD February 17.

Director Dan Trachtenberg steers the Predator franchise into bold new territory, with audiences enthusiastically embracing his vision. Predator: Badlands has emerged as the highest-grossing entry in the franchise’s 38-year history, earning $183 million worldwide and surpassing the previous record holder, 2004’s Alien vs. Predator ($177.4M). The film’s success is matched by strong audience and critical response, boasting a 95% Rotten Tomatoes® Verified Hot Popcornmeter score and an 86% Certified Fresh Tomatometer critics rating.

Predator: Badlands deepens Yautja lore by introducing new characters Dek (Dimitrius Schuster-Koloamatangi) and Thia (Elle Fanning), following them on an underdog hero’s journey shaped by an unlikely alliance. Blending themes of survival and self-discovery with intense combat, striking visual effects, and moments of humor, the film delivers a high-stakes action adventure on both a visceral and emotional level. Fans can explore the world of Predator even further with exclusive bonus features, including behind-the-scenes featurettes that spotlight the film’s bold production design and visual effects, along with deleted scenes and additional insider content.

For the ultimate collectors within the Predator storyscape, a limited edition 4K SteelBook® dramatically captures the scale and intensity of battle with the Kalisk, while highlighting the unexpected alliance between Dek and Thia.

Film Synopsis
Set in the future on a deadly remote planet, Predator: Badlands follows Dek, a young Predator outcast from his clan, who finds an unlikely ally in Thia and embarks on a treacherous journey in search of the ultimate adversary.

Bonus Features*

Deleted & Pre-Visualization Scenes with Optional Audio Commentary:
Featurettes:
Audio Commentary: Watch the film with audio commentary by Director Dan Trachtenberg, Producer Ben Rosenblatt, Director of Photography Jeff Cutter and Stunt Coordinator Jacob Tomuri.

*Bonus features may vary by product and retailer

Product Specifications
Release Dates
Digital: January 6, 2026
Physical: February 17, 2026

Product SKUs
Digital: 4K UHD, HD, SD
Physical: 4K UHD + Blu-ray + Digital Code (SteelBook), 4K UHD + Blu-ray + Digital Code, Blu-ray (Blu-ray + Digital Code)

Feature Run Time
Approx. 107 minutes

Rating
U.S.: Rated PG-13 for sequences of strong sci-fi violence.

Aspect Ratio
Digital: 2:39:1
Physical: 2:39:1

Disc Size
4K UHD: 66GB
Blu-ray: 50GB

Audio
4K: English Dolby Atmos and 2.0 Dolby Digital Descriptive Audio, Spanish and French 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus Language Tracks
Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA and 2.0 Dolby Digital Descriptive Audio, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
Digital: English Dolby Atmos (UHD only, some platforms), English 7.1, 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms), Spanish and French 7.1, 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital

Subtitles
4K: English SDH, Spanish and French Subtitles
Blu-ray: English SDH, Spanish and French Subtitles
Digital: English SDH, French, Spanish (some platforms)

https://youtu.be/TmD4c4vVclo

Looks like a nice package for this movie.  Barry reviewed the theatrical version for us here:  Predator: Badlands A non-spoiler review - Movie reviews - AVS Discussions (https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=4761.0)
Title: Re: Watch Predator: Badlands at Home on 4K UHD and Blu-ray on 2/17/2026
Post by: bmoney on December 31, 2025, 07:39:35 AM
I’ve heard good things. Lest hope it lives up
Title: Re: Watch Predator: Badlands at Home on 4K UHD and Blu-ray on 2/17/2026
Post by: Paul Heroy on December 31, 2025, 03:56:20 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a single one of the Predator movies. There are a bunch - are any of them really good, as in more than just mindless violence?
Title: Re: Watch Predator: Badlands at Home on 4K UHD and Blu-ray on 2/17/2026
Post by: Barry on December 31, 2025, 04:19:20 PM
Once again, I posted a review for us that no one remembers!

For what it is it’s a good movie, but the last one, Prey was better.

https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=4761.msg30891#msg30891 (https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=4761.msg30891#msg30891)
Title: Re: Watch Predator: Badlands at Home on 4K UHD and Blu-ray on 2/17/2026
Post by: SRW1000 on December 31, 2025, 06:01:12 PM
Once again, I posted a review for us that no one remembers!

For what it is it’s a good movie, but the last one, Prey was better.

https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=4761.msg30891#msg30891 (https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=4761.msg30891#msg30891)
I remembered it, Barry.

I included a link to it at the bottom of the first post.  ;)
Title: Re: Watch Predator: Badlands at Home on 4K UHD and Blu-ray on 2/17/2026
Post by: Barry on December 31, 2025, 06:51:23 PM
I remembered it, Barry.

I included a link to it at the bottom of the first post.  ;)
Thanks, my fault I didn’t see it. I’ll have to stay in detention after school
Title: Re: Watch Predator: Badlands at Home on 4K UHD and Blu-ray on 2/17/2026
Post by: David Vaughn on December 31, 2025, 07:20:24 PM
Thanks, my fault I didn’t see it. I’ll have to stay in detention after school
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!
Title: Re: Watch Predator: Badlands at Home on 4K UHD and Blu-ray on 2/17/2026
Post by: Barry on December 31, 2025, 07:51:43 PM
The happiest of New Years to you!
Title: Re: Watch Predator: Badlands at Home on 4K UHD and Blu-ray on 2/17/2026
Post by: Paul Heroy on December 31, 2025, 08:29:18 PM
Barry, I saw your original review when you posted it and re-read it in Scott's post. Your favorable view is what made me wonder about any of the past movies. Seems like at least a little background would be good to see before this new one.

I also see this was apparently the 2nd Predator movie just from 2025? The Wikipedia page on the franchise (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predator_(franchise)) lists "Predator: Killer of Killers" in June with Badlands in November. Looks like that was an animated release on Hulu.
Title: Re: Watch Predator: Badlands at Home on 4K UHD and Blu-ray on 2/17/2026
Post by: David Vaughn on January 01, 2026, 12:35:16 PM
Barry, I saw your original review when you posted it and re-read it in Scott's post. Your favorable view is what made me wonder about any of the past movies. Seems like at least a little background would be good to see before this new one.

I also see this was apparently the 2nd Predator movie just from 2025? The Wikipedia page on the franchise (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predator_(franchise)) lists "Predator: Killer of Killers" in June with Badlands in November. Looks like that was an animated release on Hulu.
Start with the original with Arnold and Carl Weathers. At the time, it was a great film and very original (with actual good effects for the time period as well). Predator 2 was decent (not great) and they went downhill from there IMO. Frankly, I would watch 1 and 2 and then watch "Prey," which may be the best movie of all of them. I'll certainly watch this last entry because I liked Prey so much.
Title: Re: Watch Predator: Badlands at Home on 4K UHD and Blu-ray on 2/17/2026
Post by: Barry on January 01, 2026, 12:58:16 PM
Start with the original with Arnold and Carl Weathers. At the time, it was a great film and very original (with actual good effects for the time period as well). Predator 2 was decent (not great) and they went downhill from there IMO. Frankly, I would watch 1 and 2 and then watch "Prey," which may be the best movie of all of them. I'll certainly watch this last entry because I liked Prey so much.
David, in my review of the last one, you asked me for a comparison to Prey. Agreeing with you I wrote:
David,

As always, you bring up a very interesting point.Prey, was a very different movie and perhaps the best of the predator series after the first one.

Prey was a more personal film. It’s beginning, showed us that all species were predators, and it was not evil to hunt for food. Of course, the Predators of this series tend to hunt for sport. And it is interesting that in both this movie and Badlands the hunters are also seeking recognition of their talent.

For this type of movie, I would give Prey a higher rating,due to the performance of Amber Midthunder and the thoughtfulness that went behind the plot. Prey has all that to a minimum and is more of a human interest story for most of it. I would give Prey, for the type of movie it is, a”very good” rating.

Badlands is a movie that is a sci-fi, special effects, action, and adventure movie. Prey draws you in on a much more human level.







Title: Re: Watch Predator: Badlands at Home on 4K UHD and Blu-ray on 2/17/2026
Post by: David Vaughn on January 01, 2026, 01:08:16 PM
David, in my review of the last one, you asked me for a comparison to Prey. Agreeing with you I wrote:
David,

As always, you bring up a very interesting point.Prey, was a very different movie and perhaps the best of the predator series after the first one.

Prey was a more personal film. It’s beginning, showed us that all species were predators, and it was not evil to hunt for food. Of course, the Predators of this series tend to hunt for sport. And it is interesting that in both this movie and Badlands the hunters are also seeking recognition of their talent.

For this type of movie, I would give Prey a higher rating,due to the performance of Amber Midthunder and the thoughtfulness that went behind the plot. Prey has all that to a minimum and is more of a human interest story for most of it. I would give Prey, for the type of movie it is, a”very good” rating.

Badlands is a movie that is a sci-fi, special effects, action, and adventure movie. Prey draws you in on a much more human level.
Thanks Barry. Well said. I need to rewatch Prey!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal