AVS Discussions

Movie and TV Discussion => Upcoming Releases => Topic started by: SRW1000 on December 10, 2025, 11:37:50 PM

Title: Cloud Atlas Collector’s Edition Fan-Favorite Epic Makes 4K UHD Debut 12/23/2025
Post by: SRW1000 on December 10, 2025, 11:37:50 PM
(https://i.imgur.com/XnZPPG2.png)

From the Radial Entertainment press release:

From master genre filmmakers the Wachowskis (The Matrix 1-4, Speed Racer) and Tom Tkywer (Run Lola Run) comes the epic sci-fi tale Cloud Atlas. Making its 4K UHD debut December 23 from Shout! Studios, a Radial Entertainment company, this Collector’s Edition 3-disc set comes loaded with brand-new bonus content, including the brand-new feature-length documentary "What Is an Ocean... Reconnecting the Cast and Crew of Cloud Atlas."

Hosted by Jon Donahue, this bonus feature includes new interviews with a wide variety of cast and crew including Tom Tykwer and Lana and Lilly Wachowski; author David Mitchell; cast members Tom Hanks, Jim Broadbent, Hugo Weaving, Jim Sturgess, Doona Bae, Keith David, James D'Arcy, David Gyasi, Susan Sarandon, and Hugh Grant; Co-Producer Roberto Malerba; Co-Director of Photography Frank Griebe; Production Designers Hugh Bateup and Uli Hanisch; Costume Designers Kym Barrett and Pierre-Yves Gayraud; Make-Up Artists Jeremy Woodhead, Daniel Parker and Sian Richards, and many additional crew members. 

Cloud Atlas is an epic story of humankind in which the actions and consequences of our lives impact one another throughout the past, present and future as one soul is shaped from a murderer into a savior and a single act of kindness ripples out for centuries to inspire a revolution. Based on the best-selling novel by David Mitchell, the film boasts an all-star cast featuring Tom Hanks (Catch Me if You Can, Toy Story 1-4), Halle Berry (John Wick 4, X-Men), Jim Broadbent (Hot Fuzz, Harry Potter), Hugo Weaving (The Matrix, Lord of the Rings), Jim Sturgess (21, Across the Universe), Bae Doona (The Host, Rebel Moon), Keith David (Coraline, Nope), Susan Sarandon (Speed Racer, Enchanted), and Hugh Grant (Wonka, Heretic). 

Cloud Atlas Bonus Features

DISC ONE (UHD): 


DISC TWO (BLU-RAY):


DISC THREE (Bonus Features Blu-ray)


Craig had started a thread earlier about this one and now we have the official release information.  Just look at all of those extras!
Title: Re: Cloud Atlas Collector’s Edition Fan-Favorite Epic Makes 4K UHD Debut 12/23/2025
Post by: bmoney on December 11, 2025, 07:56:01 AM
might be time to actually view this one
Title: Re: Cloud Atlas Collector’s Edition Fan-Favorite Epic Makes 4K UHD Debut 12/23/2025
Post by: David Vaughn on December 11, 2025, 09:04:27 AM
might be time to actually view this one
My wife and I tried when it first hit Blu-ray....she didn't last 30 minutes. I made it to the end, but I didn't like it at all. Maybe I was in a bad mood????
Title: Re: Cloud Atlas Collector’s Edition Fan-Favorite Epic Makes 4K UHD Debut 12/23/2025
Post by: bmoney on December 12, 2025, 06:32:58 AM
My wife and I tried when it first hit Blu-ray....she didn't last 30 minutes. I made it to the end, but I didn't like it at all. Maybe I was in a bad mood????
Now I have second thoughts lol. You and I seem to have similar tastes for the most part 
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal