AVS Discussions

Movie and TV Discussion => Upcoming Releases => Topic started by: SRW1000 on September 16, 2025, 07:52:42 PM

Title: Watch Fantastic Four: First Steps at Home on 4k Blu-ray/DVD 10/14/2025
Post by: SRW1000 on September 16, 2025, 07:52:42 PM
(https://i.imgur.com/IF8nkDL.png)
(https://i.imgur.com/6UDuSYt.png)
From the Disney press release:

Marvel Studios’ The Fantastic Four: First Steps invites fans home for the first time on digital platforms September 23, including Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV, and Fandango at Home, followed by its arrival on 4K Ultra HD,
Blu-ray, and DVD on October 14. This all-new adventure in the Marvel Cinematic Universe introduces audiences to Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic), Sue Storm (Invisible Woman), Johnny Storm (Human Torch), and Ben Grimm (The Thing) as they embark on epic journeys across the cosmos while discovering the bonds of family, heart, and humor that make them truly fantastic.

Finding the balance between home life and heroic duty is just one of the challenges the Fantastic Four must navigate, and they do it “together, as a family.” Their greatest strength is each other, and that bond welcomes audiences into a retro-futuristic world that also inspires viewers to “connect to something bigger than themselves.” Certified Fresh and Verified Hot on Rotten Tomatoes®, The Fantastic Four: First Steps is one of the top 10 highest-grossing films of 2025 both domestically and globally. Critics hail The Fantastic Four: First Steps as “one of the best superhero movies of all time” (Ryan Britt, Men’s Journal), praising its “jaw-dropping spectacle and epic action” (Josh Wilding, Comic Book Movie).

Bring home the action and family fun of The Fantastic Four: First Steps in dynamic 4K Ultra HD, enhanced with Dolby Vision® and Dolby Atmos® for an unFOURgettable cinematic superhero experience filled with stunning visuals and immersive sound. The 4K UHD digital and Blu-ray releases feature hours of exclusive bonus content, including deleted scenes, a gag reel, behind-the-scenes featurettes, and filmmaker commentary by director Matt Shakman and production designer Kasra Farahani.

For collectors, Amazon offers an exclusive bundle featuring a limited-edition SteelBook® with a custom magnet-front variant cover, five collector cards, and a special The Fantastic Four: First Steps #1 comic making it the ultimate keepsake for fans.

Fans can also bring home the adventure with the Walmart exclusive The Fantastic Four: First Steps pop-up Blu-ray package, featuring a striking slipcover and a dynamic display that springs to life with the team soaring into action in the iconic Fantasticar. This collectible edition pop-up includes the Blu-ray and digital release along with bold, retro-inspired artwork that makes it a must-have for Marvel enthusiasts and collectors alike.

Film Synopsis
Set against the backdrop of a ’60s-inspired, retro-futuristic world, Marvel’s First Family faces a daunting challenge. Forced to balance being heroes with their family bond, they must defend Earth from a space god and his enigmatic herald.

Bonus Features


Featurettes:

*Bonus features may vary by product and retailer

https://youtu.be/mU8ur1QZYEA

Those some fun-looking exclusives for this pack!

Barry reviewed the theatrical experience for us here:  Fantastic Four First Steps Review - Movie reviews - AVS Discussions (https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=4603.0)
Title: Re: Watch Fantastic Four: First Steps at Home on 4k Blu-ray/DVD 10/14/2025
Post by: Barry on September 16, 2025, 08:52:19 PM
Just a few of my FFs.

In its beginning, The Fantastic Four may not have been “the Greatest Comic Magazine in the World,” but it was exceedingly important. At DC comics, by the 25th issue of a magazine, all the stories were told, all the villains were introduced, and all the relationships were set in cement. Not so with The Fantastic Four.  the stories in issues 25-50 were often better than the previous ones. The thirties were even better and the forties were spectacular. The fifties and sixties were also great, with new plots, new villains, new characters and outstanding storytelling and art. The inhumans, The Black Panther,  Galactus and The silver Surfer were all introduced in issues 40-60. It took time, but The Fantastic Four did become the “World’s Greatest Comic.” 

Stan Lee (Comics Interview, 1984): “Martin Goodman who was publisher at the time, said: ‘You know, Stan, I’ve just seen some sales figures for this DC magazine’ — it may have been the Justice League, but I no longer remember — ‘it is doing pretty well. Maybe we ought to do some superheroes.’ And I said, ‘Fine.’ And he said, ‘Let’s do a team like the Justice League.’ And I said, ‘Fine.’ I went home and wrote an outline... a synopsis for The Fantastic Four—I called Jack, handed him the-outline … and said, Read this. It is something I want to do. And you should draw a team.’ Jack of course, contributed many, many ideas to it and I would venture to say Jack and I created The Fantastic Four, in a way, although the name was mine, the characters were mine, and the concept were mine, originally. But he never pushed me to do superheroes. Jack was at home drawing these monster stories, until the day I called him and said: ‘Let’s do The Fantastic Four.’

“I wanted them to be a team, but I wanted them to act like real people. I wanted one of them to be — we called him the Thing, to be kind of a very powerful, ugly guy who would be pathetic because — they all got their super-powers by being in a spaceship that was hit by cosmic rays. And Mr. Fantastic got the ability to stretch his limbs. The girl Sue Storm had the ability to become invisible and surround herself with the force f ield. And the boy Johnny Storm, her brother, was able to burst into flame and fly…. They all loved each other, but they never got along well. The more they fought amongst themselves, the more the readers loved it.”—
May 13, 2010, “Deposition of Stan Lee”
Title: Re: Watch Fantastic Four: First Steps at Home on 4k Blu-ray/DVD 10/14/2025
Post by: SRW1000 on September 16, 2025, 08:59:46 PM
Wow!  You have the first issue!  That's fantastic, Barry!
Title: Re: Watch Fantastic Four: First Steps at Home on 4k Blu-ray/DVD 10/14/2025
Post by: David Vaughn on September 16, 2025, 11:28:26 PM
That's awesome Barry! I'm interested in seeing this at some point, but I doubt I'll buy it. 
Title: Re: Watch Fantastic Four: First Steps at Home on 4k Blu-ray/DVD 10/14/2025
Post by: bmoney on September 17, 2025, 06:41:07 AM
Wife and kids can’t wait for this 
Title: Re: Watch Fantastic Four: First Steps at Home on 4k Blu-ray/DVD 10/14/2025
Post by: Barry on September 17, 2025, 11:27:33 AM
Wow!  You have the first issue!  That's fantastic, Barry!
Also the first Spider-man 
Title: Re: Watch Fantastic Four: First Steps at Home on 4k Blu-ray/DVD 10/14/2025
Post by: SRW1000 on September 17, 2025, 07:58:02 PM
Also the first Spider-man
😲

That's awesome!
Title: Re: Watch Fantastic Four: First Steps at Home on 4k Blu-ray/DVD 10/14/2025
Post by: Paul Heroy on September 18, 2025, 12:08:54 AM
First, thanks Barry for the comics history and overview, as always your in depth knowledge is wonderful.

I can't recall many or any movies that I and my friends had such a widespread set of reactions to. Some loved it, a couple hated it, I was a little in the middle. (Thought it was generally very well done but I just could not agree with the moral dilemma and action the FF took.)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal