AVS Discussions
Movie and TV Discussion => Blu-rays => Topic started by: TRainH2O on February 25, 2024, 10:27:13 PM
-
I hate to post this as I have posted new Blu-ray Release Lists, literally, for years. However, my source for weekly releases has changed their format. The old format was mostly text-based and it was really easy for me to create my weekly posts. The new format has switched to a thumbnail page with links to each individual release.
So what does this mean, you ask? If this week's release list had 30 titles, I would have to click on each thumbnail, navigate to each new page, copy the info, and then post that into the new list for that week. It's very time-consuming and I have been busy at work lately.
There has to be a better way and I am looking. However, if anyone knows of a text-based list for new releases, please let me know. Until then, please bear with me.
-
no worries! thanks hopefully you can find a new way to collect and post!
-
I hate to post this as I have posted new Blu-ray Release Lists, literally, for years. However, my source for weekly releases has changed their format. The old format was mostly text-based and it was really easy for me to create my weekly posts. The new format has switched to a thumbnail page with links to each individual release.
So what does this mean, you ask? If this week's release list had 30 titles, I would have to click on each thumbnail, navigate to each new page, copy the info, and then post that into the new list for that week. It's very time-consuming and I have been busy at work lately.
There has to be a better way and I am looking. However, if anyone knows of a text-based list for new releases, please let me know. Until then, please bear with me.
Tracy, which site were you using?
-
Tracy, which site were you using?
High-Def Digest. I usually post on Sundays but I noticed that they have completely changed their format since last week.
I hope you have or can suggest a source as you are still an insider. I think my AV contacts have dried up since my days at HTE, but I never knew anyone from the studios.
-
Tracy, I'm not sure if or how much this helps but if I go to blu-ray.com's release page (https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/releasedates.php) and select the titles for a date (by clicking and dragging) even though they are thumbnails too, I can copy & paste to a text editor. It's not a super clean list but it's at least text and can be done. In a few minutes I was able to do a quick & dirty list which wasn't alphabetized, then threw it into Excel to sort and copied & pasted below:
(https://i.imgur.com/4EHhn9H.png)
-
I hate to post this as I have posted new Blu-ray Release Lists, literally, for years. However, my source for weekly releases has changed their format. The old format was mostly text-based and it was really easy for me to create my weekly posts. The new format has switched to a thumbnail page with links to each individual release.
So what does this mean, you ask? If this week's release list had 30 titles, I would have to click on each thumbnail, navigate to each new page, copy the info, and then post that into the new list for that week. It's very time-consuming and I have been busy at work lately.
There has to be a better way and I am looking. However, if anyone knows of a text-based list for new releases, please let me know. Until then, please bear with me.
We are so grateful for your contributions to our Discussion site, thank you!
-
The Roaring 20's on 4K Blu-ray is on my pick up list!