AVS Discussions
Audio => Preamps/Preamp-processors => Topic started by: JoeRod on February 02, 2024, 10:54:05 AM
-
I am excited to announce I will be working on a Review very soon. I currently have an Anthem AVM90 and McIntosh MX180. Looking forward to putting it through the movie scene tests. I will plan to maybe add Dirac. More to come…
-
Excellent - looking forward to the review.
-
Unboxed and set up. First test will be Jason Statham’s The Beekeeper this evening with guests. Should be a fun night!
-
Way more to come soon but I will say we were all very impressed. The amount of “in your face” detail is impressive. We also watched Trolls Band Together which we have now seen many times. My Wife mentioned right away the sound was really good and had plenty of more kick to it. She ended up being a huge fan of the A10 by the time it ended…
-
Unboxed and set up. First test will be Jason Statham’s The Beekeeper this evening with guests. Should be a fun night!
How was that movie any good?
-
Actually it was a good popcorn 🍿 flick. If you’re a fan of Jason Statham you will really like it. We did. Terrific sound and very good image.
-
New Sound & Vision arrived Saturday and had a rave review of the A10 (https://www.soundandvision.com/content/marantz-av10-154-channel-preampprocessor-review).
-
AV10 is a great unit. Especially when using Dirac. Will be even better once Dirac ART is added.
-
Very very true. The AV10 is impressive and I am planning to do the Dirac calibration later tonight.
-
Note if you add DLBC, the crossover selected by Dirac is not necessarily the optimal one. You need to play with different crossover points and select what works best for your system. If you have capable LCR's, Dirac usually just selects 80hz for the crossover. For example, my LCR's have 18's in them and the frequency response is smoother, more dynamic and sounds better with a crossover below 80hz. Dirac shows the f3 point for my LCR's as 16.5hz. I am using 30hz.
-
I've had my AV 10 for about 10 months now. I've been very happy with it. My only complaint is that it is huge. There's a rack mount kit for it (RMKAV10), but virtually no information online on how it works. No manual and no pictures for it. There's no screw holes in the sides of the AV 10, so not sure how the AV 10 is attached to it. The only information is somehow who reviewed the rack mount at B&H and posted some pictures.
I'm hoping Dirac ART will be available for it, and soon!
-
Here’s my write up:
https://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homestead.com/MARANTZ-AV10-REFERENCE-15-4-Preamp.html?_=1708835540224
-
Unboxed and set up. First test will be Jason Statham’s The Beekeeper this evening with guests. Should be a fun night!
Good movie with plenty of action. This should keep all
speaker channels active.