AVS Discussions

Video Source Devices => 4K UltraHD Blu-ray => Topic started by: ed weinman on December 17, 2023, 07:29:20 PM

Title: MGM's 1953 "Kiss Me Kate"
Post by: ed weinman on December 17, 2023, 07:29:20 PM
I am totally frustrated with purchasing this film from amazon.com. I've tried three times only to have to return them: the first had the 2D version in the wrong ratio with burnt in English subtitles(!), the second did not have the 2D version and the third's 2D version had the sound burnt in  Mute" through out and the visual was as if it was taken from a taped version!!

Why doesn't amazon.com realize what's going on! Is there no where that sells a non-fraud copy? 
Title: Re: MGM's 1953 "Kiss Me Kate"
Post by: David Vaughn on December 17, 2023, 07:46:14 PM
I am totally frustrated with purchasing this film from amazon.com. I've tried three times only to have to return them: the first had the 2D version in the wrong ratio with burnt in English subtitles(!), the second did not have the 2D version and the third's 2D version had the sound burnt in  Mute" through out and the visual was as if it was taken from a taped version!!

Why doesn't amazon.com realize what's going on! Is there no where that sells a non-fraud copy?
That's crazy! All from third-party sellers?
Title: Re: MGM's 1953 "Kiss Me Kate"
Post by: ed weinman on December 18, 2023, 11:26:28 AM
The thing is, I thought that this title would be readily available without any problems attached. Now I'm weary of trying another site to purchase it. 
Title: Re: MGM's 1953 "Kiss Me Kate"
Post by: AVSCraig on December 18, 2023, 12:11:35 PM
The thing is, I thought that this title would be readily available without any problems attached. Now I'm weary of trying another site to purchase it.
This one? Amazon.com: Kiss Me Kate [Blu-ray] : Kathryn Grayson, Howard Keel, George Sidney: Movies & TV (https://www.amazon.com/Kiss-Kate-Blu-ray-Kathryn-Grayson/dp/B07X3QG5CB/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=kiss+me+kate+blu-ray&qid=1702919416&sr=8-1)
Title: Re: MGM's 1953 "Kiss Me Kate"
Post by: ed weinman on December 18, 2023, 08:48:37 PM
Yes, that one. MGM's 1953 "Kiss Me Kate" with Howard Keel, Kathryn Grayson, Ann Miller and a young Bob Fosse.
Title: Re: MGM's 1953 "Kiss Me Kate"
Post by: AVSCraig on December 19, 2023, 11:20:52 AM
Yes, that one. MGM's 1953 "Kiss Me Kate" with Howard Keel, Kathryn Grayson, Ann Miller and a young Bob Fosse.
No - I meant that exact disc for sale on Amazon. 
Title: Re: MGM's 1953 "Kiss Me Kate"
Post by: ed weinman on December 19, 2023, 04:43:34 PM
Craig,

Yes that exact one. The web site shows two different covers: The first has the big 3D at the top; the second is the one you're referring to. When you start the DVD, you press the menu and up pops a request for 3D or 2D.

Ed
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal