AVS Discussions
Audio => Receivers => Topic started by: tripplej on November 23, 2023, 11:50:23 PM
-
A friend of mine wants to update his 7.2 home theater receiver since his present one died.
He checked amazon and saw the below with 6 hdmi with high reviews..
He wants more hdmi inputs but from searching, most if not all of the various receivers have 6...
Any thoughts on the below? or any other brand/model, you can recommend instead that maybe better?
Denon AVR-S770H (https://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-S770H-Theater-Receiver-Built/dp/B0CCQ1Q9NT/ref=zg_bs_g_14269301_sccl_25/136-6759661-3101116?th=1) $479.00
Denon AVR-S970H (https://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-S970H-Channel-90Watt-Receiver/dp/B0BBZ28LL5/ref=zg_bs_g_14269301_sccl_14/136-6759661-3101116?th=1) $527.99
Denon AVR-X1800H (https://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-X1800H-Channel-Receiver-Built/dp/B0CFWQP9MC/ref=zg_bs_g_14269301_sccl_21/136-6759661-3101116?th=1) $549.00
Sony STR-AN1000 (https://www.amazon.com/Sony-STR-AN1000-Surround-Theater-Receiver/dp/B0BSLX8YR5/ref=zg_bs_g_14269301_sccl_11/136-6759661-3101116?th=1) $598.00
Denon AVR-X2800H (https://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-X2800H-Receiver-Model-Built/dp/B0BBZ2972F/ref=zg_bs_g_14269301_sccl_6/136-6759661-3101116?psc=1) $799.00
-
It sounds like your friend is an HDMI Power User. :)
I can't think of more than six HDMI sources that I would use, but 6 seems to be the standard for most AVRs. I have 9 on my HT preamp but it's a lot more $$$ than anything on that list.
If your friend's display has ARC, maybe they can enable it and utilize those HDMI inputs as well.
-
Thanks for the suggestion. nowadays with all the gaming consoles, streaming devices, blu ray player, etc. everything has hdmi now!
:)