AVS Discussions

Projectors => Premium Projectors => Topic started by: AVSCraig on November 15, 2023, 05:25:38 PM

Title: New JVC Firmware V300 - now available!
Post by: AVSCraig on November 15, 2023, 05:25:38 PM
Download the new firmware here - Firmware Download for D-ILA Projector DLA-25LTD, DLA-NZ9, DLA-NZ8, DLA-NZ7, DLA-NP5, DLA-RS4100, DLA-RS3100, DLA-RS2100, DLA-RS1100, DLA-N118, DLA-N98, DLA-N88, DLA-N80, DLA-N78, DLA-N77, DLA-N70 | Firmware Download for D-ILA Projector DLA-25LTD, DLA-NZ9, DLA-NZ8, DLA-NZ7, DLA-NP5, DLA-RS4100, DLA-RS3100, DLA-RS2100, DLA-RS1100, DLA-N118, DLA-N98, DLA-N88, DLA-N80, DLA-N78, DLA-N77, DLA-N70 | Download | Support Information & Download | JVC (https://www.jvc.com/global/support/download/pj202203_firmware/dl/)
Title: Re: New JVC Firmware V300 - now available!
Post by: David Vaughn on November 15, 2023, 05:50:53 PM
Download the new firmware here - Firmware Download for D-ILA Projector DLA-25LTD, DLA-NZ9, DLA-NZ8, DLA-NZ7, DLA-NP5, DLA-RS4100, DLA-RS3100, DLA-RS2100, DLA-RS1100, DLA-N118, DLA-N98, DLA-N88, DLA-N80, DLA-N78, DLA-N77, DLA-N70 | Firmware Download for D-ILA Projector DLA-25LTD, DLA-NZ9, DLA-NZ8, DLA-NZ7, DLA-NP5, DLA-RS4100, DLA-RS3100, DLA-RS2100, DLA-RS1100, DLA-N118, DLA-N98, DLA-N88, DLA-N80, DLA-N78, DLA-N77, DLA-N70 | Download | Support Information & Download | JVC (https://www.jvc.com/global/support/download/pj202203_firmware/dl/)
Updated mine today...so far so good. Best part for me is when I change aspect ratios the dialog box is now gone from the middle of the picture, which is a huge upgrade.
Title: Re: New JVC Firmware V300 - now available!
Post by: ed weinman on November 15, 2023, 05:58:42 PM
I downloaded the file but what do I do next? 
Title: Re: New JVC Firmware V300 - now available!
Post by: David Vaughn on November 15, 2023, 06:14:37 PM
I downloaded the file but what do I do next?
From the download page there are directions. I've attached them here. 
Title: Re: New JVC Firmware V300 - now available!
Post by: ed weinman on November 15, 2023, 07:13:04 PM
David,
Thank you.
Title: Re: New JVC Firmware V300 - now available!
Post by: ed weinman on November 16, 2023, 05:05:13 PM
Now, you see, you are dealing with a complete illiterate...I've downloaded but I can't follow the directions?! I do not see a zip"d version and I do not know how to get what needs to be transferred to the USB.

:(What next?!
Title: Re: New JVC Firmware V300 - now available!
Post by: David Vaughn on November 16, 2023, 07:22:18 PM
Now, you see, you are dealing with a complete illiterate...I've downloaded but I can't follow the directions?! I do not see a zip"d version and I do not know how to get what needs to be transferred to the USB.

:(What next?!
Did you download the firmware from the JVC site? You should look and see where the file is being downloaded to so you can find it on your computer. Not much help beyond that that I can do from here. 
Title: Re: New JVC Firmware V300 - now available!
Post by: bmoney on November 17, 2023, 09:55:41 AM
Curious how it compares to an external VP
Title: Re: New JVC Firmware V300 - now available!
Post by: Barry on November 18, 2023, 02:21:20 PM
I installed the JVC update and things went smoothly.

The image seems sharper, withmore color and more contrast.
 
On the Panasonic 4k I watched: Earth II, Lion King, and 2001. (looked fantastic)
On Apple I watched Eart with Morgan Freeman (Great again)
On Broadcast TV I watched The News and Blue Bloods (Much better than people think)
On Cable I watched the Phantom and CNBC (Which has letter at the bottom which were crystal clear.) Best it has ever looked. The details stood out!
 
I remember years ago, my brother coming home with our first system: A Lafayette receiver, Gerrard Turntable, Shure Cartridge and Criterion speakers. We wanted the best sound from the phonograph and FM.
 
I remember our first Video Laser Disc player, connected to our 25 inch TV.
 
We have come such a long way. I never even imagined I would have the “movie” experience at home.  Big screen, surrounded by speakers and sub woofers. Playing not just records, but metal discs of CDs, DVDs, SACDs, Blue-Rays and 4ks….and comfortable seats and fresh popcorn with REAL butter.


Title: Re: New JVC Firmware V300 - now available!
Post by: bmoney on November 18, 2023, 03:46:34 PM
Remember when a 51” 1.85 hdtv REAR PROJECTION was HUGE
Title: Re: New JVC Firmware V300 - now available!
Post by: ed weinman on November 26, 2023, 01:54:54 AM
Did you download the firmware from the JVC site? You should look and see where the file is being downloaded to so you can find it on your computer. Not much help beyond that that I can do from here.
David,

Thanks for your help. I did actually finally figure it all out and have updated the 4100.Thanks again.
Title: Re: New JVC Firmware V300 - now available!
Post by: David Vaughn on November 26, 2023, 11:34:11 AM
David,

Thanks for your help. I did actually finally figure it all out and have updated the 4100.Thanks again.
Ed,

Glad to hear it all worked out for you. I helped as much as I could from afar. :D
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal