AVS Discussions

Projectors => Premium Projectors => Topic started by: Barry on April 26, 2023, 01:09:53 PM

Title: Barco Residential
Post by: Barry on April 26, 2023, 01:09:53 PM
Is it out of sheer curiosity. I have a new JVC projector. But does anyone know anything about Barco Residential projectors? The name has just come up.
Title: Re: Barco Residential
Post by: AVSCraig on April 26, 2023, 02:36:13 PM
Is it out of sheer curiosity. I have a new JVC projector. But does anyone know anything about Barco Residential projectors? The name has just come up.
Paging Alan Gouger! :)
Title: Re: Barco Residential
Post by: alangouger on April 26, 2023, 04:14:45 PM
Is it out of sheer curiosity. I have a new JVC projector. But does anyone know anything about Barco Residential projectors? The name has just come up.
Hello Barry,
Hello Barry, Barco Residential is a division of the Barco cinema division. Barco is a very reputable company with some cutting-edge technology to their credit. Their residential lineup of projectors usesTIs DLP based imagers whereas your JVC projector is Lcos based. While the JVC might have better specs Barcos DLPs can look amazing. Do you have any specific questions I can offer answers to? 
Title: Re: Barco Residential
Post by: TRainH2O on April 26, 2023, 04:44:23 PM
Barco was one of the big names in the projector world, especially in the days of CRT front projection. They have become less well-known in the consumer market for some reason. Maybe they have been concentrating more on the commercial market.
Title: Re: Barco Residential
Post by: Barry on April 26, 2023, 07:48:55 PM
Hello Barry, Barco Residential is a division of the Barco cinema division. Barco is a very reputable company with some cutting-edge technology to their credit. Their residential lineup of projectors usesTIs DLP based imagers whereas your JVC projector is Lcos based. While the JVC might have better specs Barcos DLPs can look amazing. Do you have any specific questions I can offer answers to?
No thanks, you gave me all the information I need!
Title: Re: Barco Residential
Post by: Dylan Seeger on April 27, 2023, 08:32:24 AM
FYI, Chris Deutsch has left JVC and is now the West Coast rep for Barco Residential. For anyone interested in one of these projectors, shoot him an email. I'm sure he can get any info you'd like:

chris.deutsch@barco.com





Title: Re: Barco Residential
Post by: TRainH2O on April 27, 2023, 11:03:03 AM
While the JVC might have better specs Barcos DLPs can look amazing.
I have not really kept up with Barco but as for DLP technology.......I think that many would be surprised how a modern three chip light engine performs. It's not the single chip DLP that many have experience with and add to this, the best ones use a laser light source. 
Title: Re: Barco Residential
Post by: AVSCraig on April 27, 2023, 11:07:32 AM
I have not really kept up with Barco but as for DLP technology.......I think that many would be surprised how a modern three chip light engine performs. It's not the single chip DLP that many have experience with and add to this, the best ones use a laser light source.
It performs like the 3 chip Sim2 Lumis Host I had starting in 2009 - only with 4K chips. I love 3 chip DLP - other than the black levels and contrast. 
Title: Re: Barco Residential
Post by: Barry on April 27, 2023, 07:27:26 PM
FYI, Chris Deutsch has left JVC and is now the West Coast rep for Barco Residential. For anyone interested in one of these projectors, shoot him an email. I'm sure he can get any info you'd like:

chris.deutsch@barco.com
Chris told me that he left JVC and went to Barco. That is why I asked about the company. Chris was a great help to me.
Title: Re: Barco Residential
Post by: AVSCraig on April 27, 2023, 09:50:52 PM
Chris told me that he left JVC and went to Barco. That is why I asked about the company. Chris was a great help to me.
I thought you were getting ready to replace your new JVC with a Barco! 
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal