AVS Discussions

Projectors => Premium Projectors => Topic started by: Barry on January 10, 2023, 03:43:26 PM

Title: Is an Apple upgrade to HDR+ worth it?
Post by: Barry on January 10, 2023, 03:43:26 PM
 I have just updated my JVC 3000 to the JVC 4100.  The new unit accepts an HDR10+ signal.  I have a two-year old Apple TV that only has HDR10. The new apples have HDR10+. 
 
Should I purchase a new Apple TV module? Has anyone done that and have seen a big difference?


Title: Re: Is an Apple upgrade to HDR+ worth it?
Post by: AVSCraig on January 10, 2023, 03:53:38 PM
I have just updated my JVC 3000 to the JVC 4100.  The new unit accepts an HDR10+ signal.  I have a two-year old Apple TV that only has HDR10. The new apples have HDR10+. 
 
Should I purchase a new Apple TV module? Has anyone done that and have seen a big difference?
I'd probably stick with Frame Adapt HDR tone mapping with your current Apple TV. HDR+ limits your settings from all reports I've seen.
Title: Re: Is an Apple upgrade to HDR+ worth it?
Post by: David Vaughn on January 10, 2023, 05:01:29 PM
I have just updated my JVC 3000 to the JVC 4100.  The new unit accepts an HDR10+ signal.  I have a two-year old Apple TV that only has HDR10. The new apples have HDR10+. 
 
Should I purchase a new Apple TV module? Has anyone done that and have seen a big difference?
What Craig just said :)
Title: Re: Is an Apple upgrade to HDR+ worth it?
Post by: Barry on January 10, 2023, 11:26:59 PM
I'd probably stick with Frame Adapt HDR tone mapping with your current Apple TV. HDR+ limits your settings from all reports I've seen.
You are probably right! And Kris D says, ‘
Quote
‘ I do not recommend using HDR10+ as the JVC doesn't do as well with HDR10+ as it does with HDR10 standard. “

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal