AVS Discussions
Audio => Receivers => Topic started by: Barry on December 31, 2022, 11:32:01 AM
-
I am having trouble with my Marantz 8015. Originally, I thought the problem was in the Marantz and exchanged it just this week for a new one, but I still have the same problem. The unit is connected, through the arc hdmi output, to a LG 77 inch TV. I have Verizon 4k cable box attached to the Marantz’s Cable/hdmi input, an Oppo 4k player (audio only) to its blue ray/hdmi input and an Apples streamer attached. I also have the LG broadcast TV sound and it’s streaming service going into the Marantz is HDMI arc input.
The Marantz blacks out ( no image or sound) for 20 seconds or so every once in while, but several times a night, when playing the hdmi connected cable or Apple. So far, it has not blocked out when only channeling the sound from the Blu-ray or the sound that coming directly from the TV in broadcast TV. I had a Marantz 7011 before and never had this problem. And again, I thought it was the new unit I bought, but now it’s happening in the second unit so something must be off. Does anyone have any idea Of what is causing this and how can I fix it?
-
Sorry you are having issues, Barry.
Just a guess here, but I'd say it was ARC related. I don't use it on any of my systems but I know ARC has been a bit buggy from the start. As for the solution, the only thing that I can suggest is to look for a possible firmware update on the Marantz.
Maybe someone else can be of more assistance.
Either way, Happy New Year, my friend.
-
We think we resolved the problem with the Marantz and LG TV. Half the comments suggested that we change the HDMI wires, the other half suggested that we terminated the ARC connection and settings. We did both.
1. First, we changed the HDMI wires, which I don’t think was the problem.
2. We shut off the ARC setting in both the LG TV and the Marantz.
3. We moved the Marantz output HDMI (#1) to the “non-arc” output (#2)
4. We get broadcast TV and Streaming from the LG. The ARC setting gave us the sound from the TV. With that gone we put in an optical Toslink in the LG and connected that to the Marantz. We then changed the input setting on the Marantz.
5. This took us about ten minutes.
Well, it seems to be working. We have had no problems! And maybe better sound.
-
We think we resolved the problem with the Marantz and LG TV. Half the comments suggested that we change the HDMI wires, the other half suggested that we terminated the ARC connection and settings. We did both.
1. First, we changed the HDMI wires, which I don’t think was the problem.
2. We shut off the ARC setting in both the LG TV and the Marantz.
3. We moved the Marantz output HDMI (#1) to the “non-arc” output (#2)
4. We get broadcast TV and Streaming from the LG. The ARC setting gave us the sound from the TV. With that gone we put in an optical Toslink in the LG and connected that to the Marantz. We then changed the input setting on the Marantz.
5. This took us about ten minutes.
Well, it seems to be working. We have had no problems! And maybe better sound.
Great to hear Barry. HDMI has always sucked.