AVS Discussions
Movie and TV Discussion => Movie reviews => Topic started by: David Vaughn on December 11, 2022, 02:13:14 PM
-
(https://i.imgur.com/dmVL7pd.jpg)
Studio: Paramount
Release Date: December 13, 2022
Rating: Not Rated
Film: 3/5
Plot
What happened to the children who lived through the Pandemic? Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny survived but will never be the same “Post COVID.” If Stan, Kyle and Cartman could just work together, they could go back in time to make sure COVID never happened and save Kenny's life. In “The Return of COVID,” traveling back to the past seems to be the easy answer until they meet Victor Chaos.
My Thoughts
I wouldn’t consider myself a fan of South Park, but I will watch the occasional episode and have a laugh or two. Unfortunately, these two hour-long episodes miss the mark. While there’s the occasional laugh or two mixed in, they really drag out and become somewhat tedious and boring. After watching the first episode, I decided to wait a couple of days until the second to give myself some time to reflect and change my mood. Well, 48 hours later my opinion didn’t change when I sat down to watch “The Return of Covid.” Parker and Stone have built quite a career off of this show and I’m surprised they’ve been able to keep it going strong for over twenty years—very impressive.
Video 4.5/5 (AVC)
Audio 4.5/5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1)
Special Features:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh-8T1_QU-U (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh-8T1_QU-U)
Conclusion
Maybe die-hard South Park fans will eat this up, but it just didn’t do anything for my wife and I. in fact, she wouldn’t even watch the second episode because she felt the first was a waste of time. Then again, she doesn’t enjoy the crude humor as much as I do. While there are a few laughs here and there, at an hour long each it’s too much South Park to take in, so keep this in mind if you’re interested.
Reference Review System:
JVC DLA-RS2000 4K Ultra High-Definition Front Projector
(Calibrated with Portrait Displays CalMAN color calibration software & C6-HDR Meter from Portrait Displays)
Stewart Filmscreen - Firehawk 88” 16x9 Fixed Screen
Trinnov Altitude 16 Audio/Video Processor
ATI AT527NC Powering Bed Channels
ATI AT524NC Powering Atmos Speakers
Panasonic DP-UB820 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player
System Controller: URC MX-990
M&K S-150 THX Ultra (R-C-L Speakers)
M&K SS-150 x4 (Surround Speakers)
Atlantic Technology IC6-OBA x 4 Overhead Speakers
SVS PC-Ultra Cylinder Subwoofer
JL Audio F110 (X2 co-located and bridged as one sub)
HSU VTF-15H MK2 Subwoofer
M&K Sound X15+ Subwoofer
Mini DSP HD controlling all subwoofers
Audioquest and Monoprice - Audio/Video/Speaker Cabling
PureAV PF60 Power Conditioner
-
I’ve lost touch with this show. Used to LOVE it. Maybe I’ll check this out. Thanks!
-
Thanks for the review. I believe South Park has run it's course.. It was good in the early years but now, not so much...
-
I have had SP on my DVR series recording list forever, so I've kept up. It's been more hit or miss for many seasons, but the highs are still really good. I think they moved it off of the Comedy Central cable channel though if I'm not mistaken? At least, the last "season" or whatever didn't show up for me there, which I guess is this.
-
The first season was gold. How they got away with that stuff. Now I’m not shocked it’s around in the cancel culture