AVS Discussions

Projectors => Premium Projectors => Topic started by: Paul Heroy on September 28, 2022, 11:04:39 AM

Title: JVC firmware update coming for RS3100/2100/1100 - Nov 2022
Post by: Paul Heroy on September 28, 2022, 11:04:39 AM
Per a Projector Central article (https://www.projectorcentral.com/JVC-DLA-25LTD-And-New-Firmware-Announced.htm?em) today:


Quote
JVC will release V.2.XX firmware with improvements for the DLA-NZ9/DLA-RS4100, DLA-NZ8/DLA-RS3100, DLA-NZ7/DLA-RS2100, and DLA-NP5/DLA-RS1100. It will be a free update for those projectors, available at https://www.jvc.com/global/support, and intended for users whose current firmware is Ver.1.24 or earlier.

Changes will include enhancement to the company's Frame Adapt HDR scheme, which gets a new Auto (Wide) mode added to the existing Auto mode in the HDR Quantizer setting that will put more emphasis on brightness. Two additional picture modes will also be added to Frame Adapt HDR to allow for multiple memory settings for different room and ambient light conditions.

Supported laser light engine projectors (so, not the lamp-based DLA-NP5/DLA-RS1100) are getting a new dynamic laser control. Previously, the control was based on average luminance of an entire scene, but now the adjustment is based on peak luminance, which will result in increased dynamic range. This improved contrast will be seen no matter the overall scene brightness.

The firmware will also add Filmmaker Mode—a picture mode developed by the UHD Alliance in collaboration with movie and TV studios, directors, content distributors, consumer electronics manufacturers, and device manufacturers that aims to deliver an image as the creators intended it to be seen. It does this by automatically turning off picture adjustments like frame interpolation and noise reduction (which many of us do anyway) and setting the color temperature to the neutral, industry-standard D65 gray.

A final firmware improvement is the addition of the latest screens to the Screen Adjustment Mode, including those from domestic and international manufacturers.

Title: Re: JVC firmware update coming for RS3100/2100/1100 - Nov 2022
Post by: bmoney on September 28, 2022, 12:29:50 PM
nice, love when companies continue to improve their existing products
Title: Re: JVC firmware update coming for RS3100/2100/1100 - Nov 2022
Post by: Paul Heroy on September 28, 2022, 12:37:51 PM
nice, love when companies continue to improve their existing products
Indeed, one of the reasons I jumped on the RS2100 B stock deal. 8)

I already updated the FW on mine after receiving it. That wasn't a major update like this but it was the first time I'd been able to do a projector FW update myself so it was a pretty cool thing to confirm.
Title: Re: JVC firmware update coming for RS3100/2100/1100 - Nov 2022
Post by: AVSCraig on November 14, 2022, 11:15:16 PM
Firmware Download for D-ILA Projector DLA-NZ9, DLA-NZ8, DLA-NZ7, DLA-NP5, DLA-RS4100, DLA-RS3100, DLA-RS2100, DLA-RS1100, DLA-N118, DLA-N98, DLA-N88, DLA-N80, DLA-N78, DLA-N77, DLA-N70

Firmware Download for D-ILA Projector DLA-NZ9, DLA-NZ8, DLA-NZ7, DLA-NP5, DLA-RS4100, DLA-RS3100, DLA-RS2100, DLA-RS1100, DLA-N118, DLA-N98, DLA-N88, DLA-N80, DLA-N78, DLA-N77, DLA-N70 | Download | Support Information & Download | JVC (https://www.jvc.com/global/support/download/pj202203_firmware/)

Calibration Software Download for DLA-25LTD, DLA-NZ9, DLA-NZ8, DLA-NZ7, DLA-RS4100, DLA-RS3100, DLA-RS2100, DLA-N118, DLA-N98, DLA-N88, DLA-N80, DLA-NP5, DLA-RS1100, DLA-N78, DLA-N77, DLA-N70

Calibration Software Download for DLA-25LTD, DLA-NZ9, DLA-NZ8, DLA-NZ7, DLA-RS4100, DLA-RS3100, DLA-RS2100, DLA-N118, DLA-N98, DLA-N88, DLA-N80, DLA-NP5, DLA-RS1100, DLA-N78, DLA-N77, DLA-N70 (jvckenwood.com) (https://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/download/pj202111_calibrationsoft.html?_ga=2.75937749.1118785252.1668472529-1206079114.1648489366)
Title: Re: JVC firmware update coming for RS3100/2100/1100 - Nov 2022
Post by: Paul Heroy on November 15, 2022, 12:17:02 PM
Thanks Craig! Downloaded last night, installing as I type. 
Title: Re: JVC firmware update coming for RS3100/2100/1100 - Nov 2022
Post by: Ginky Weeds on December 19, 2022, 06:34:16 PM
I updated firmware on my RS2100 and it went well; no hiccups or issues with HDMI cables as many have reported over on the AVS Forum. The only downside I've experienced is when changing aspect ratio with Lens Memory. Before the FW update, I would select the change, it would take maybe 8-10 seconds to complete. Then I would hit the Lens Memory button on the remote and the on screen status box would go away. Now it takes a much longer time for the status box to go away after the lens memory operation is complete. And it won't go away by simply pressing the Lens Memory button, as it had before. I have to wait a long time and then the status box goes away, the screen blanks, then the image reappears and I can resume watching. Are there any settings I've missed that might cause this? If not, any idea if JVC knows about it and are working on a firmware fix?

Thanks,

Chuck
Title: Re: JVC firmware update coming for RS3100/2100/1100 - Nov 2022
Post by: AVSCraig on August 01, 2023, 11:15:22 AM
There is a new firmware that improves HDMI connectivity - 

Firmware Download for D-ILA Projector DLA-25LTD, DLA-NZ9, DLA-NZ8, DLA-NZ7, DLA-NP5, DLA-RS4100, DLA-RS3100, DLA-RS2100, DLA-RS1100, DLA-N118, DLA-N98, DLA-N88, DLA-N80, DLA-N78, DLA-N77, DLA-N70 | Download | Support Information & Download | JVC (https://www.jvc.com/global/support/download/pj202203_firmware/)
Title: Re: JVC firmware update coming for RS3100/2100/1100 - Nov 2022
Post by: AVSCraig on August 01, 2023, 11:15:54 AM
August 1 2023 v2.10

Improved connectivity with some third-party HDMI optical fiber cables.
Title: Re: JVC firmware update coming for RS3100/2100/1100 - Nov 2022
Post by: AVSCraig on August 08, 2023, 03:15:20 PM
Firmware Download for D-ILA Projector DLA-25LTD, DLA-NZ9, DLA-NZ8, DLA-NZ7, DLA-NP5, DLA-RS4100, DLA-RS3100, DLA-RS2100, DLA-RS1100, DLA-N118, DLA-N98, DLA-N88, DLA-N80, DLA-N78, DLA-N77, DLA-N70 | Download | Support Information & Download | JVC (https://www.jvc.com/global/support/download/pj202203_firmware/)

Just downloaded  this. I'll see what if any changes it brings tonight. 
Title: Re: JVC firmware update coming for RS3100/2100/1100 - Nov 2022
Post by: AVSJason on August 08, 2023, 03:54:32 PM
Firmware Download for D-ILA Projector DLA-25LTD, DLA-NZ9, DLA-NZ8, DLA-NZ7, DLA-NP5, DLA-RS4100, DLA-RS3100, DLA-RS2100, DLA-RS1100, DLA-N118, DLA-N98, DLA-N88, DLA-N80, DLA-N78, DLA-N77, DLA-N70 | Download | Support Information & Download | JVC (https://www.jvc.com/global/support/download/pj202203_firmware/)

Just downloaded  this. I'll see what if any changes it brings tonight.
I installed this last week on our RS2100 in the demo room, I noticed an improvement in handshakes. There is still a pause but it seems to be less time than previously, and more so I have noticed no more of the double handshake if you will. Sometimes on the previous firmware it would seem like the projector connected to the AVR switching but an image wouldn't appear on screen, it would then repeat the handshake and picture would appear. So far with the new firmware I have not experienced this issue. Switching between a 4k Apple TV, Kaliedescape player and Reavon 4K player. 
Title: Re: JVC firmware update coming for RS3100/2100/1100 - Nov 2022
Post by: David Vaughn on August 08, 2023, 10:22:00 PM
I installed this last week on our RS2100 in the demo room, I noticed an improvement in handshakes. There is still a pause but it seems to be less time than previously, and more so I have noticed no more of the double handshake if you will. Sometimes on the previous firmware it would seem like the projector connected to the AVR switching but an image wouldn't appear on screen, it would then repeat the handshake and picture would appear. So far with the new firmware I have not experienced this issue. Switching between a 4k Apple TV, Kaliedescape player and Reavon 4K player.
I plan on installing later this week. I'll try and remember to time the handshake before and after the update to see if there's any improvement.
Title: Re: JVC firmware update coming for RS3100/2100/1100 - Nov 2022
Post by: Paul Heroy on August 09, 2023, 07:06:44 PM
August 1 2023 v2.10

Improved connectivity with some third-party HDMI optical fiber cables.

Thanks for the heads up, Craig.

I had problems when I first installed my 2100, using a Ruipro 8K rated HDMI cable. In addition to syncing that still has had some imperfections, I'll try to check that out too. I re-installed the 4K cable that was there after having constant issues with the new cable, but I think some of that was not the JVC in the first place but my Anthem AVM-60 which isn't HDMI 2.1.

Title: Re: JVC firmware update coming for RS3100/2100/1100 - Nov 2022
Post by: AVSCraig on August 10, 2023, 12:54:58 PM
Between this firmware update and new 48Gbps Tributary HDMI cables all around, things are working better than ever now!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal