AVS Discussions

General => Home Theater Misc. => Topic started by: tripplej on July 07, 2022, 02:02:03 PM

Title: Prime Video Channels for 99¢ Each
Post by: tripplej on July 07, 2022, 02:02:03 PM
from theinventory (https://theinventory.com/sign-up-for-prime-video-channels-for-99-each-1849141765)

Quote
"Members (new and old!) can add each premium channel to their account (https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/storefront/ref=atv_me_deals_c_9zZ8D2_1_7?asc_campaign=InlineText&asc_refurl=https://theinventory.com/sign-up-for-prime-video-channels-for-99-each-1849141765&asc_source=www.theroot.com&contentId=deals&contentType=merch&merchId=deals&tag=kinjainventorylink-20) for just $0.99 each for the first two months of the subscription. That’s not just the standard Prime Video (https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/storefront/ref=atv_me_deals_c_9zZ8D2_1_7?asc_campaign=InlineText&asc_refurl=https://theinventory.com/sign-up-for-prime-video-channels-for-99-each-1849141765&asc_source=www.theroot.com&contentId=deals&contentType=merch&merchId=deals&tag=kinjainventorylink-20) and its many offerings, but access to the complete libraries of Paramount+, Starz, Showtime, Discovery, and more. The sale begins Tuesday, July 5 and runs through Wednesday, July 13th, "

Title: Re: Prime Video Channels for 99¢ Each
Post by: AVSCraig on July 07, 2022, 05:26:48 PM
from theinventory (https://theinventory.com/sign-up-for-prime-video-channels-for-99-each-1849141765)
How much a month after that? There was one angry comment in the comment section - that's for sure! 
Title: Re: Prime Video Channels for 99¢ Each
Post by: Paul Heroy on July 07, 2022, 06:20:24 PM
LOL.. someone having a bad day b/c they can't watch MI: Rogue Nation for free... 

I'd be interested except that we just rotated back in on Netflix and have several things to watch over the next couple of months. I many not be Craig "no time for TV series" Peer but... damn I don't have THAT much time.
Title: Re: Prime Video Channels for 99¢ Each
Post by: tripplej on July 08, 2022, 09:43:40 AM
one must have a lot of free time to watch all these various streaming channels.

Below are the prices for a few of the streaming channels after the first two months of 99 cents.

Paramount plus is $9.99
Starz is $8.99
Discover Plus is $4.99
Showtime is $10.99
AMC plus is $8.99
Epix is $5.99
Noggin is $7.99
PBS Masterpiece is $5.99
BET Plus is $9.99
Acorn TV is $6.99
Allblk is $4.99
Hallmark movies is $4.99
PBS documentary is $3.99

Title: Re: Prime Video Channels for 99¢ Each
Post by: AVSCraig on July 08, 2022, 11:22:32 AM
one must have a lot of free time to watch all these various streaming channels.

Below are the prices for a few of the streaming channels after the first two months of 99 cents.

Paramount plus is $9.99
Starz is $8.99
Discover Plus is $4.99
Showtime is $10.99
AMC plus is $8.99
Epix is $5.99
Noggin is $7.99
PBS Masterpiece is $5.99
BET Plus is $9.99
Acorn TV is $6.99
Allblk is $4.99
Hallmark movies is $4.99
PBS documentary is $3.99
I'm guessing that they are betting some people will forget to cancel after 2 months too - that's where the money is. 
Title: Re: Prime Video Channels for 99¢ Each
Post by: AVSCraig on July 08, 2022, 11:23:23 AM
LOL.. someone having a bad day b/c they can't watch MI: Rogue Nation for free...

I'd be interested except that we just rotated back in on Netflix and have several things to watch over the next couple of months. I many not be Craig "no time for TV series" Peer but... damn I don't have THAT much time.
He should just buy the 4K disc like I did! ;D
Title: Re: Prime Video Channels for 99¢ Each
Post by: Paul Heroy on July 08, 2022, 11:49:47 AM
I've always rotated "premium" channels that in the past were the HBO, Showtime etc type channels. Now with streaming I do the same. Though I do have Amazon Prime annual, HBOMax as a "freebie" with my internet package, and Disney+ thru a family membership so those are currently "always on". But esp. with Netflix charging $20 now for a 4K plan, I don't keep it on. As mentioned I just turned it back on and it'd been long enough - just over a year - that my account had been canceled!
Title: Re: Prime Video Channels for 99¢ Each
Post by: AVSJeff on July 08, 2022, 02:28:11 PM
Wow! That adds up quick (after the 2-month teaser rate) for 'Pay-to-Play' streaming channels - even if you only get 4 or 5. :o By the time all "TV" goes to the pay-to-play business model (CBS, NBC, ABC, ESPN, PBS, etc.), it will be a small fortune to watch TV/Streaming content and movies. 
Title: Re: Prime Video Channels for 99¢ Each
Post by: tripplej on July 08, 2022, 03:47:39 PM
This reminds me of the high bills we had to pay for cable especially premium channels that kept going up every year!

And, I agree, most will forget to cancel and then by the time they realize, they already paid into the regular price at a minimum once!

Shoot, I remember reading sometime back, Netflix did a study and found many many users who were paying for Netflix and didn't even watch anything over a year time span. Netflix, eventually, just cancelled their membership due to that fact. So, talk about folks forgetting what they pay for.
Title: Re: Prime Video Channels for 99¢ Each
Post by: AVSCraig on July 08, 2022, 04:49:10 PM
This reminds me of the high bills we had to pay for cable especially premium channels that kept going up every year!

And, I agree, most will forget to cancel and then by the time they realize, they already paid into the regular price at a minimum once!

Shoot, I remember reading sometime back, Netflix did a study and found many many users who were paying for Netflix and didn't even watch anything over a year time span. Netflix, eventually, just cancelled their membership due to that fact. So, talk about folks forgetting what they pay for.
That covers these loss leader deals. 
Title: Re: Prime Video Channels for 99¢ Each
Post by: bmoney on July 08, 2022, 09:58:00 PM
Hard pass lol. I own all the movies I want to watch 
Title: Re: Prime Video Channels for 99¢ Each
Post by: David Vaughn on July 08, 2022, 11:17:54 PM
Hard pass lol. I own all the movies I want to watch
I just found a good eBay store with a lot of competitively priced movies:  https://www.ebay.com/usr/gruv-entertainment?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11400.m43.l10174&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=d18240b43b5046a1b11e70acb90b77d9&bu=43207756686&exe=0&ext=0&osub=-1%7E1&crd=20220708182701&segname=11400&ul_noapp=true

They have a 20% off sale when you buy two or more...I bought 7 Blu-ray movies for $46 shipped. :)
Title: Re: Prime Video Channels for 99¢ Each
Post by: bmoney on July 09, 2022, 08:18:29 AM
That’s a sweet find!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal