AVS Discussions

Movie and TV Discussion => New Movies => Topic started by: Barry on March 25, 2022, 03:53:09 PM

Title: New2 Ratings for Movies
Post by: Barry on March 25, 2022, 03:53:09 PM
Following David’s lead, I had used a star system for rating movies. But in REAL life that not how I talk to my friends.  So I am now listing, or inventing a new ratings system for my review here.

Really Bad
BAD
Sit-throughable
Good
Very Good
Great

Let me explain:
I will combine very Bad with Bad as one, we don’t need two Bads.
Sit-throughable: Is a movie that’s not good, but you don’t feel you want to leave and you may want to see how it ends up.
Great is a relative term.  Spider-Man No Way Home is a great movie for it’s genre, but it does not compare to the Godfather or Citizen Kane.  But for what it is, it’s the best it gets.
 
EXAMPLES:
Just for fun, using Star Trek movies as examples:
Really Bad: Star Trek 5: The Final Frontier
BAD: Star Trek Nemesis
Sit-throughable: Star Trek: The Motion Picture (extended edition)
Good: Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock
Very Good: Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home
Great: Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan and Star Trek First Contact
 
Or Using Super-Hero movies:
Really Bad: The Spirit. The Worst Movie I ever saw!!!!
BAD: Iron Man II and III
Sit-throughable: Black Widow
Good Avengers: 2
Very Good: Iron Man
Great: Spider-Man No Way Home; Superman; Superman II (Donner Edition)


Title: Re: New2 Ratings for Movies
Post by: AVSCraig on March 25, 2022, 10:21:57 PM
I debated getting Iron Man 2 & 3 on 4K Blu-ray to complete my Marvel collection in all 4K. They were on sale, so I couldn't resist. That said, on watching them as part of a Covid Pandemic movie series for the first time, I liked them a lot better. #3 is a Shane Black movie, so I give his films an extra star. I'd say in the context of the marvel series, they are ( IMO ) good, but not great. 
Title: Re: New2 Ratings for Movies
Post by: David Vaughn on March 25, 2022, 10:51:11 PM
Following David’s lead, I had used a star system for rating movies. But in REAL life that not how I talk to my friends.  So I am now listing, or inventing a new ratings system for my review here.

Really Bad
BAD
Sit-throughable
Good
Very Good
Great

Let me explain:
I will combine very Bad with Bad as one, we don’t need two Bads.
Sit-throughable: Is a movie that’s not good, but you don’t feel you want to leave and you may want to see how it ends up.
Great is a relative term.  Spider-Man No Way Home is a great movie for it’s genre, but it does not compare to the Godfather or Citizen Kane.  But for what it is, it’s the best it gets.
 
EXAMPLES:
Just for fun, using Star Trek movies as examples:
Really Bad: Star Trek 5: The Final Frontier
BAD: Star Trek Nemesis
Sit-throughable: Star Trek: The Motion Picture (extended edition)
Good: Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock
Very Good: Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home
Great: Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan and Star Trek First Contact
 
Or Using Super-Hero movies:
Really Bad: The Spirit. The Worst Movie I ever saw!!!!
BAD: Iron Man II and III
Sit-throughable: Black Widow
Good Avengers: 2
Very Good: Iron Man
Great: Spider-Man No Way Home; Superman; Superman II (Donner Edition)
I like this rating system Barry. Good job :)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal