AVS Discussions

General => Home Theater Misc. => Topic started by: BobP on March 22, 2022, 06:39:49 PM

Title: 30’ 4k HDMI cable recommendation
Post by: BobP on March 22, 2022, 06:39:49 PM
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased an Epson 6050UB projector to replace our Epson 5030UBe projector. When I set the 6050 up, the HDMI cable would not carry the signal. I knew my Denon receiver was not 4k compatible so I direct connected the cable to the Apple TV to see if it would work and my plan was to purchase a new Denon. I presently have the AppleTV sitting on the shelf with the 6050 and purchased a short 4k cable to hook it up and we’re using our AirPods Pro’s for sound.

I want to purchase a Denon but not sure which way to turn for cable. I’ve read up but reviews seem to indicate people have varying success with longer runs. I’d need a 30’ cable.

What would you recommend for a brand and specs for a cable in my circumstances?

Thanks in advance,

Bob
Title: Re: 30’ 4k HDMI cable recommendation
Post by: AVSCraig on March 22, 2022, 09:09:27 PM
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased an Epson 6050UB projector to replace our Epson 5030UBe projector. When I set the 6050 up, the HDMI cable would not carry the signal. I knew my Denon receiver was not 4k compatible so I direct connected the cable to the Apple TV to see if it would work and my plan was to purchase a new Denon. I presently have the AppleTV sitting on the shelf with the 6050 and purchased a short 4k cable to hook it up and we’re using our AirPods Pro’s for sound.

I want to purchase a Denon but not sure which way to turn for cable. I’ve read up but reviews seem to indicate people have varying success with longer runs. I’d need a 30’ cable.

What would you recommend for a brand and specs for a cable in my circumstances?

Thanks in advance,

Bob
A Monoprice " Premium Certified " cable should work - Monoprice 4K Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable 25ft - 18Gbps Black - Monoprice.com (https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=21510&gclid=Cj0KCQjw5-WRBhCKARIsAAId9FlkFMVKrLLiOpMRH_l4EcXUCbTYYaffQxQnviv8M332xTdvWMVDT1waAjWAEALw_wcB)
Title: Re: 30’ 4k HDMI cable recommendation
Post by: Paul Heroy on March 22, 2022, 10:59:37 PM
I've had good success with about 3 generations of Monoprice's HDMI cables, using 40-50' runs. The last one I installed for my 4K upgrade was their "Luxe" cable which is no longer made. I would look at the Active CL2 (in wall rated) High Speed 4K cable which is made for long runs, starting at 25'. 30' is $45, 35' is $50. Very reasonable for that length and the specs. 

 (https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=12736)30' Active CL2 (https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=12735)
Title: Re: 30’ 4k HDMI cable recommendation
Post by: BobP on March 24, 2022, 02:40:11 PM
Thanks for the recommendations. I ordered a Monoprice 4K Braided High Speed HDMI Cable 35ft - CL3 In Wall Rated 18Gbps Active Gray 35’

Now I have to figure out a new 4k receiver.

Bob
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal