AVS Discussions

Audio => Amplifiers => Topic started by: NBPk402 on February 02, 2017, 05:22:59 PM

Title: D.I.Y. IcePower 14 channel amp
Post by: NBPk402 on February 02, 2017, 05:22:59 PM
I have decided to start another project since some of my projects have slowed down, and I wanted a smaller amp rack to deal with.
 I have ordered 4 amp modules to start out my new amp project, and if all goes well I will add 8 more channels later to it to provide for all 18 channels, and possibly put 2 MiniDSP 2x4s inside to so my crossover is internal for the front 3 channels.

I have ordered the following so far:
1: (2) 125wpc IcePower amp modules
2: (2) 50wpc IcePower amp modules

When these are completed I will add 4 more 125wpc modules unles I decide I want 250wpc modules for the bass bins for the front 3 channels. In that case I would just get 2 more 125wpc modules, and get 3 250w mono boards.

I will post up pics as I receive I start construction on the new amp. For a case I am looking at using a old amp case that i strip out the internals.
Title: Re: D.I.Y. IcePower 14 channel amp
Post by: AVSMike on February 03, 2017, 10:32:20 AM
I have thought about building some of these, so definitely interested in this project. :)
Are you going with balanced XLR or unbalanced RCA?
Title: Re: D.I.Y. IcePower 14 channel amp
Post by: AVSMike on February 03, 2017, 12:25:34 PM
Freight company just called. Mine is scheduled for delivery Monday. :)
Title: Re: D.I.Y. IcePower 14 channel amp
Post by: NBPk402 on February 03, 2017, 03:18:32 PM
I have thought about building some of these, so definitely interested in this project. :)
Are you going with balanced XLR or unbalanced RCA?
I haven't decided yet, but I am leaning toward unbalanced since it will be so close to the preamp/Dirac boxes.
Title: Re: D.I.Y. IcePower 14 channel amp
Post by: NBPk402 on April 20, 2017, 12:47:37 AM
The amp is getting closer to come platoon now. I have made the wood side panels, and mounted the amp modules, and minidsp. I am waiting for some mil spec silver clad copper wire for my internal wiring, power connector for the rear panel, and 2 USB panel mount connectors.I will take some more pics with my phone as it is much better for pics than my tablet.
Title: Re: D.I.Y. IcePower 14 channel amp
Post by: NBPk402 on February 10, 2018, 12:09:47 AM
Sorry for the delay...we are moved now, and i will be getting the plexi cover completed kn the next few weeks, and a new front plate. I will post up pics as soon as I get them done...I have yet to actually hear the amp yet either.
Title: Re: D.I.Y. IcePower 14 channel amp
Post by: AVSMike on February 10, 2018, 01:17:29 AM
Sorry for the delay...we are moved now, and i will be getting the plexi cover completed kn the next few weeks, and a new front plate. I will post up pics as soon as I get them done...I have yet to actually hear the amp yet either.

Interested to hear how they perform.
Title: Re: D.I.Y. IcePower 14 channel amp
Post by: NBPk402 on December 18, 2020, 11:48:41 AM
Amp has been rebuilt as a 6 module btl amp config for 3 biamped channels.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal