AVS Discussions
Projectors => Premium Projectors => Topic started by: alangouger on September 18, 2021, 10:53:49 AM
-
JVC has pulled through again with a winning lineup. Considering COVID, JVC took a big risk while the competition lay dormant.
JVC has played its card, leaving them the dominating high-end projector manufacture for the home market.
Thanks to JVC, this should be another exciting year for Home Theater enthusiasts
Has JVC delivered the final blow to its competition?
What are your thoughts?
-
Well, 'it ain't over till it's over', so time will tell.
But the ball is squarely in Sony's court to keep their line relevant considering what JVC is now bringing to the table. And to me, simply reducing pricing to be more competitive will not be sufficient. They can continue to coast on their reputation, and less-informed buyers and dealers, but you would think sooner or later, that momentum will slowly grind to a halt without some truly innovative, or at least competitive, products.
-
There were rumors Sony would be exiting the cinema market. That rumor came true.
That same rumor has been circling about their home theater projectors. The last few projectors from Sony did not bring any new features, maybe more light output. The writing is on the wall. JVC would benefit. Sonys fan base would have no choice but to jump ship and buy JVC.
-
Well, 'it ain't over till it's over', so time will tell.
But the ball is squarely in Sony's court to keep their line relevant considering what JVC is now bringing to the table. And to me, simply reducing pricing to be more competitive will not be sufficient. They can continue to coast on their reputation, and less-informed buyers and dealers, but you would think sooner or later, that momentum will slowly grind to a halt without some truly innovative, or at least competitive, products.
Sony will never reduce pricing - that would piss off customers that bought at the higher price.
-
Sony is too big and too proud
-
It's going to be interesting to see, that's for sure. I really hope Sony responds - I don't want JVC to be the only one left. That would not be good in the long term for customers or the industry, and Sony has a wealth of institutional knowledge on both the hardware and software side.
On a personal level this is letting me gloat a little bit with my brother and another friend who bought Sony projectors at a dealer's urging as opposed to my JVC recommendation, lol.
-
It's going to be interesting to see, that's for sure. I really hope Sony responds - I don't want JVC to be the only one left. That would not be good in the long term for customers or the industry, and Sony has a wealth of institutional knowledge on both the hardware and software side.
On a personal level this is letting me gloat a little bit with my brother and another friend who bought Sony projectors at a dealer's urging as opposed to my JVC recommendation, lol.
I feel the same way. I hope Sony responds. I want JVC to have some competition.
-
Sony is a HUGE diverse company. I would imagine that the projector sales are a tiny slice of their pie.
Given the way that larger screens have gotten cheaper and larger (which they also make), it makes me wonder if Sony is going to "pull an Oppo" and get out of the projector market.
-
They just might ride the current models for another year. I'm sure plenty of people ( I've had a few call ) just like the Sony brand and will buy them anyway.
-
competition is def good. we need sony to try to keep up with the jonezes
-
competition is def good. we need sony to try to keep up with the jonezes
It sure is. How does everyone see the strengths of each brand? Why do you buy Sony & why do you buy JVC?
-
performance and price
-
And customer service. JVC's customer service in my experience has been top notch.
-
And customer service. JVC's customer service in my experience has been top notch.
While I don’t usually select brand on this merit. It’s a HUGE bonus