AVS Discussions

General => A/V Industry News => Topic started by: HomeTheaterGuy on August 18, 2015, 04:32:33 PM

Title: 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray to hit this Christmas
Post by: HomeTheaterGuy on August 18, 2015, 04:32:33 PM
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray to hit this Christmas - (but no word about disc players) bit.ly/1N0YesC (http://bit.ly/1N0YesC)
Title: Re: 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray to hit this Christmas
Post by: richlife69 on December 02, 2016, 02:50:16 PM
Well, this is an OLD post.  And it pretty much missed the mark.  4K blurays really didn't start coming out until Feb 2016 and then at a slow trickle.  But the past few months has seen a big increase.  And who benefited from it all?  Samsung with their early released K8500.  There was hardly any software and only a few TVs that could really support it (BRD didn't really show until mid-year).  Look at the sales figures and the user comments at Amazon and BestBuy.  It's still all Samsung with a few Phillips and hardly any Panasonsic.
Title: Re: 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray to hit this Christmas
Post by: bmoney on December 02, 2016, 02:51:43 PM
I have a feeling 2017 is gonna be a big year for 4k BR
Title: Re: 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray to hit this Christmas
Post by: NBPk402 on December 02, 2016, 04:52:24 PM
I will pay $5 more for a 4K disc (with a BR), but I am not going to pay $10-$15 extra for a 4K disc (like some of the ones I have seen).
Title: Re: 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray to hit this Christmas
Post by: bmoney on December 02, 2016, 05:00:03 PM
I will pay $5 more for a 4K disc (with a BR), but I am not going to pay $10-$15 extra for a 4K disc (like some of the ones I have seen).

I've never paid more than 5$ more than the br. And I own almost 50 4K

Title: Re: 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray to hit this Christmas
Post by: AVSCraig on December 02, 2016, 05:14:21 PM
You just need to wait for them to go on sale - somewhere online ! They always do - eventually.
Title: Re: 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray to hit this Christmas
Post by: richlife69 on December 03, 2016, 02:42:44 PM
True, sales always come, but I'm not sure it will be necessary.  I agree with ellisr63 that $5 is realistic and I think we'll see that (or less) within the next year (maybe within next few months).  Even as I started watching new 4K BRs come out and prices come down, we are almost there.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal