AVS Discussions

General => Home Theater Misc. => Topic started by: flyinion on May 20, 2021, 06:03:52 PM

Title: split audio from HDMI to RCA/Optical?
Post by: flyinion on May 20, 2021, 06:03:52 PM
Hi guys was really not sure where to put this.  Trying to find a solution to help my parents out.  They're currently using a slimline Marantz NR1606 I believe (my old receiver passed down).  The problem we're having is my Mom also has a box that was connected to the really old non-HDMI capable Yamaha they were using before that to broadcast via bluetooth to her hearing aids.  I need to find a product that can take HDMI input, split off audio to output via RCA or Optical to the hearing aid box but also feed the normal HDMI audio signal out to the receiver after.  Is there anything like that out there?  I see a few splitters on amazon that will output like that but it's not mentioned if they pass through the HDMI audio still or just the video comes out.
Title: Re: split audio from HDMI to RCA/Optical?
Post by: Paul Heroy on May 20, 2021, 07:10:19 PM
Comments on this one (https://www.amazon.com/Musou-Extractor-Optical-Splitter-Converter/dp/B06XDNJ6RM/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwkZiFBhD9ARIsAGxFX8AgaeCRIDmFSZk-yHpZlrVUAUqK0jqLb-n2BrzHbV7fDGLCq2MEIFwaAl9LEALw_wcB&hvadid=233485968435&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9009739&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=3394238829889023254&hvtargid=kwd-4970798925&hydadcr=18887_10145554&keywords=hdmi+to+rca+audio&qid=1621551992&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExOFRJWlIzR09IRlhMJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODE3NjU1UFcxN0RDTlBGQVI0JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA0Mzg5ODcxUVVPT0NBS1JZVEJNJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==) at least indicate it does maintain audio on the HDMI output. And it's under $20 - seems easy enough to try it and return if it doesn't work the way you need.
Title: Re: split audio from HDMI to RCA/Optical?
Post by: AVSMike on May 20, 2021, 09:01:55 PM
You need an audio extractor. Something like this. https://www.amazon.com/LinkS-Extractor-Splitter-Converter-Chromecast/dp/B00XJITK7E (https://www.amazon.com/LinkS-Extractor-Splitter-Converter-Chromecast/dp/B00XJITK7E)
Title: Re: split audio from HDMI to RCA/Optical?
Post by: flyinion on May 21, 2021, 02:14:21 PM
You need an audio extractor. Something like this. https://www.amazon.com/LinkS-Extractor-Splitter-Converter-Chromecast/dp/B00XJITK7E (https://www.amazon.com/LinkS-Extractor-Splitter-Converter-Chromecast/dp/B00XJITK7E)
Thanks, I've gotten a couple recommendations for those.  One thing I'm concerned with is will they continue to pass full surround up to Atmos out of the HDMI out while outputing 2Ch out of the RCA or Toslink?
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal