AVS Discussions

Movie and TV Discussion => Blu-rays => Topic started by: TRainH2O on March 20, 2021, 06:59:01 PM

Title: March 23, 2021 Blu-ray Releases
Post by: TRainH2O on March 20, 2021, 06:59:01 PM
Avengers: 4-Movie Collection
Baby Done
BanG Dream! 3rd Season - Complete Collection
Best Picture Essentials 10-Movie Collection
Breaking News in Yuba County
Castlevania: Season Three
Chasing Valentine
Cosmoball
Crossed Swords
Doc
Event Horizon (Collector's Edition)
Friday the 13th Part II - 40th Anniversary Limited Edition SteelBook
Fruits Basket: Season 2 Part 2
Fruits Basket: Season 2 Part 2 (Limited Edition)
Kandagawa Jet Girls - Complete Collection
Madame
News of the World
NFL Super Bowl LV Champions
One and the Same
One Piece: Season Eleven - Voyage One
Queer Japan
Raw
Red Carpet
Reunion
Schoolgirls in Chains
Shoot Out
Showdown
Soul
Soulmates: Season One
The Bloodhound
The Hills I Call Home
The Kaiser of California
The Undoing
They Say It Can't Be Done
World of Wong Kar Wai - Criterion Collection


Title: Re: March 23, 2021 Blu-ray Releases
Post by: bmoney on March 21, 2021, 07:11:08 AM
News of the world was great. Gorgeous cinematography in that one.
Title: Re: March 23, 2021 Blu-ray Releases
Post by: AVSCraig on March 21, 2021, 11:36:55 PM
News of the world was great. Gorgeous cinematography in that one.
I'm just waiting on the disc to drop in price and I'm in! 
Title: Re: March 23, 2021 Blu-ray Releases
Post by: David Vaughn on March 22, 2021, 02:12:53 AM
News of the world was great. Gorgeous cinematography in that one.
Cinematography was great, I thought the story was a bit preachy and the pacing was a bit slow. That means Craig will love it ;)
Title: Re: March 23, 2021 Blu-ray Releases
Post by: AVSCraig on March 22, 2021, 11:52:28 AM
Cinematography was great, I thought the story was a bit preachy and the pacing was a bit slow. That means Craig will love it ;)
Slow burn doesn't bother me. How preachy though? I had to turn off Blackklansman when the thinly veiled anti trump rhetoric got poured on thick. One of the only movies I have not watched to the end. Too preachy. 
Title: Re: March 23, 2021 Blu-ray Releases
Post by: David Vaughn on March 22, 2021, 12:17:35 PM
Slow burn doesn't bother me. How preachy though? I had to turn off Blackklansman when the thinly veiled anti trump rhetoric got poured on thick. One of the only movies I have not watched to the end. Too preachy.
Not overtly preachy, but if you read between the lines you see there's a hidden agenda they are pushing. 
Title: Re: March 23, 2021 Blu-ray Releases
Post by: AVSCraig on March 22, 2021, 12:32:35 PM
Not overtly preachy, but if you read between the lines you see there's a hidden agenda they are pushing.
I see it in this plot description - News of the World (film) - Wikipedia

 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_of_the_World_(film))
Title: Re: March 23, 2021 Blu-ray Releases
Post by: bmoney on March 22, 2021, 12:57:07 PM
man i must be really dense.  I have never realized/noticed  a preachy undertone to any movie.  but then again.  im not political in any way shape or form.  so  idk
Title: Re: March 23, 2021 Blu-ray Releases
Post by: AVSCraig on March 22, 2021, 01:12:34 PM
man i must be really dense.  I have never realized/noticed  a preachy undertone to any movie.  but then again.  im not political in any way shape or form.  so  idk
" Oscar bait " movies quite often have political undertones. Some are more obvious than others. 
Title: Re: March 23, 2021 Blu-ray Releases
Post by: David Vaughn on March 22, 2021, 01:23:14 PM
" Oscar bait " movies quite often have political undertones. Some are more obvious than others.
The narrative here is the "white man bad" and "Native American's do no wrong." Those who have studied history knows there are plenty of good and bad on each side. 
Title: Re: March 23, 2021 Blu-ray Releases
Post by: AVSCraig on March 22, 2021, 02:16:06 PM
The narrative here is the "white man bad" and "Native American's do no wrong." Those who have studied history knows there are plenty of good and bad on each side.
Ya, just read about the French and Indian Wars, among other things. 

Oscar bait - News of the World Starring Tom Hanks Is an Oscar-Caliber Western | IndieWire (https://www.indiewire.com/2020/12/news-of-the-world-oscar-tom-hanks-1234604474/)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal