AVS Discussions

Movie and TV Discussion => 4K UHD Blu-rays => Topic started by: Ob1kinoB on November 24, 2020, 08:28:39 PM

Title: 4K UHD movies on Sale
Post by: Ob1kinoB on November 24, 2020, 08:28:39 PM
If you are building up your 4K library this is a great week to score some deals in the US.

I’m sure that most of you are checking the “usual” places for 4K UHD deals this week but...

I just wanted to give you the heads up to make sure you check out the Best Buy web site. I am not affiliated with them in any way but have recently found some great flicks at $7.99, $9.99 and $14.99 that are normally 3X those prices.

Here’s the bonus tip. If there is something you like and its not reduced today check back in a couple of days.  They seem to have “rolling” sales from day to day.  I picked up Pan last week at $7.99 and a couple of Star Wars movies at $14.99.   

Apologies if you already knew this but BB is not a place I normally check for movie buys.

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving to all whether in the US or not.

Cheers,

Hugo
Title: Re: 4K UHD movies on Sale
Post by: AVSCraig on November 24, 2020, 10:24:55 PM
If you are building up your 4K library this is a great week to score some deals in the US.

I’m sure that most of you are checking the “usual” places for 4K UHD deals this week but...

I just wanted to give you the heads up to make sure you check out the Best Buy web site. I am not affiliated with them in any way but have recently found some great flicks at $7.99, $9.99 and $14.99 that are normally 3X those prices.

Here’s the bonus tip. If there is something you like and its not reduced today check back in a couple of days.  They seem to have “rolling” sales from day to day.  I picked up Pan last week at $7.99 and a couple of Star Wars movies at $14.99. 

Apologies if you already knew this but BB is not a place I normally check for movie buys.

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving to all whether in the US or not.

Cheers,

Hugo
Thanks for the heads up. I stumbled into a 4K deal earlier this year at Best Buy, which helped me complete my 4K Marvel MCU movie collection - cheap ( like $7.99 also ). 
Title: Re: 4K UHD movies on Sale
Post by: Ob1kinoB on November 25, 2020, 01:20:53 PM
Craig,

Yes, I bought a couple at $7.99 and a few at $9.99.  I dont to check their site everyday but I’ll visit once a week or so. 

Looks like they are changing up the pricing every few days or so.

A bit if an “electronic treasure hunt” if you will but using an iPad instead of a shovel. 😀


Best,

Hugo
Title: Re: 4K UHD movies on Sale
Post by: claw on November 29, 2020, 08:18:23 PM
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets looks great in HDR.    $7.99 at Best Buy.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/valerian-and-the-city-of-a-thousand-planets-includes-digital-copy-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray-2017/6130303.p?skuId=6130303

(https://pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/BestBuy_US/images/products/6130/6130303_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550)
Title: Re: 4K UHD movies on Sale
Post by: Paul Heroy on February 13, 2021, 04:25:59 PM
Amazon has a "Buy 3, pay for 2" promotion going on.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/promotion/A1ID5M3PI72J50?ref_=pdaatf_psp_A1ID5M3PI72J50

Picked up Midway, Apocalypse Now (Final Cut) and Captain Marvel. So far... might grab more.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal