AVS Discussions

Audio => Subwoofers => Topic started by: TROYH4 on May 12, 2020, 12:33:48 PM

Title: Best online REW tutorial?
Post by: TROYH4 on May 12, 2020, 12:33:48 PM
I'd like to learn more on how to use REW more effectively and understand my around the program so I can really dial in my subs when I get around to it.
Can someone refer me to some really in depth video tutorials on how to use this software/tool??
Thankyou in advance 
Title: Re: Best online REW tutorial?
Post by: AVSCraig on May 13, 2020, 11:29:13 AM
I'd be interested in this too. I just picked up a UMIK - 1 microphone.
Title: Re: Best online REW tutorial?
Post by: David Vaughn on May 13, 2020, 01:47:58 PM
Here you go: Probably the best tutorial on sub calibration I've read/viewed. Take a lot of notes (I know I did). I actually watched it twice:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A6gPCczhuU (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A6gPCczhuU)
Title: Re: Best online REW tutorial?
Post by: jkasanic on May 16, 2020, 09:56:33 AM
Using the tool is the easy part! Interpreting results and making significant improvements is the tricky part. Once you get the basics, I suggest creating a thread where you can get feedback from more experienced users. Flattening response or creating a house curve is fairly straightforward (provided your room and sub locations allows for it) but the biggest improvements are in the time domain (Ringing, reflections etc using waterfalls, ETC).
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal