AVS Discussions
Projection Screens => Screens (General) => Topic started by: AVSCraig on January 04, 2017, 04:20:53 PM
-
You heard that right - Carada Screen is out of business. RIP.
-
Very interesting, Craig. I was strongly considering buying one of their screens last spring, but ended up going with the Screen Innovations one, through MikeG. I don't know how I would have liked the Carada, but I've been pretty happy with the SI one. 160" 2.35:1, Solar White, 1.3 Gain.
Even with the lowly RS400, and an 18' throw distance, and a reasonable, although not ideal room, with calibrated output, I'm getting plenty of brightness, even with 4k/HDR. Played around some with Angry Birds this afternoon, tweaking settings, and it was definitely bright enough!
-
The owner of Carada and his wife had another business. I think it got to a point that they had to make a decision on which.
-
I too almost bought a Carada before going with the Stewart ST100 back in 2014.
No question they offered great bang for the buck - I wonder where this market will go to now? Elite?
-
You heard that right - Carada Screen is out of business. RIP.
Didn't own one but, they looked like decent screens for the money. What a shame. :'(
-
Didn't own one but, they looked like decent screens for the money. What a shame. :'(
That's a bit scary for me. I have the Carada Masquerade 2.39:1 screen with the black sides framing the images from 4:3 to 2.39:1. If something goes wrong with the electrical...I'm doomed. The price was right at the time of purchase. I have a very small cinemascope screen, their smallest and I wouldn't know where to start looking if something should happen. I'm not a technical person and would not be able to disassemble parts for replacement, if it should come to that and if parts were even available.
Yes, it is a shame.
-
That's a bit scary for me. I have the Carada Masquerade 2.39:1 screen with the black sides framing the images from 4:3 to 2.39:1. If something goes wrong with the electrical...I'm doomed. The price was right at the time of purchase. I have a very small cinemascope screen, their smallest and I wouldn't know where to start looking if something should happen. I'm not a technical person and would not be able to disassemble parts for replacement, if it should come to that and if parts were even available.
Yes, it is a shame.
They didn't make that masking system I don't think. Da Lite sold a nearly identical one ( it could be identical for all I know ). Both Carada and Da Lite discontinued carrying it at the exact same time.
-
They didn't make that masking system I don't think. Da Lite sold a nearly identical one ( it could be identical for all I know ). Both Carada and Da Lite discontinued carrying it at the exact same time.
Yes, Carada did make that masking system. It was very time consuming for them to build.
-
Yes, Carada did make that masking system. It was very time consuming for them to build.
Da Lite sold what looked to be an identical one, that was discontinued at the same time. Did they sell theirs to Da Lite? I'm guessing they did.