AVS Discussions

Projectors => Premium Projectors => Topic started by: gregory whathifi France on December 25, 2016, 10:38:20 AM

Title: BenQ W11000 : First 4K DLP with T.I. new chip
Post by: gregory whathifi France on December 25, 2016, 10:38:20 AM
I have already wrote a full review about this modell here :

https://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.projection-homecinema.fr%2F2016%2F10%2F23%2Ftest-benq-w11000%2F&edit-text=

But right now I have both EPSON LS10500 and BenQ W11000 at home, so I will be able to report a comparaison with pictures tomorrow.
Title: Re: BenQ W11000 : First 4K DLP with T.I. new chip
Post by: AVSCraig on December 25, 2016, 01:45:49 PM
I'll be interested to hear about this, especially contrast numbers.
Title: Re: BenQ W11000 : First 4K DLP with T.I. new chip
Post by: gregory whathifi France on December 29, 2016, 07:38:46 AM
Visual comparaison between Epson LS10500 and the BenQ W11000 :

http://www.projection-homecinema.fr/2016/12/29/comparaison-simulation-4k-benq-w11000-versus-epson-eh-ls10500/
Title: Re: BenQ W11000 : First 4K DLP with T.I. new chip
Post by: AVSCraig on December 29, 2016, 12:12:09 PM
Very interesting - thank you. The contrast numbers on the BenQ aren't good though. No improvement for DLP there. I have to think very dark scenes will not look as good as the Epson. I say that currently being spoiled by an RS600 too.
Title: Re: BenQ W11000 : First 4K DLP with T.I. new chip
Post by: DavidHir on December 29, 2016, 04:08:07 PM
It seems like the DLP e-shift is very nice.  Gregory, any reason why both projectors were not calibrated to the same brightness?
Title: Re: BenQ W11000 : First 4K DLP with T.I. new chip
Post by: AVSMike on December 29, 2016, 04:31:34 PM
The Benq sure looks good with bright daytime scenes. The sharpness and the high ANSI really makes those type of scenes pop.
Title: Re: BenQ W11000 : First 4K DLP with T.I. new chip
Post by: ericglo on January 02, 2017, 02:20:32 PM
I would really like to see this pj, as I was unimpressed with the pjs sporting this chip at Cedia.

Is the sharpness really that big of a difference in person? I find that difficult to believe.
Title: Re: BenQ W11000 : First 4K DLP with T.I. new chip
Post by: AVSMike on January 03, 2017, 11:46:26 AM
I agree. It sure looks like a huge difference in the pictures, but I would need to see it for myself.
Title: Re: BenQ W11000 : First 4K DLP with T.I. new chip
Post by: AVSCraig on January 03, 2017, 12:31:47 PM
I would really like to see this pj, as I was unimpressed with the pjs sporting this chip at Cedia.

Is the sharpness really that big of a difference in person? I find that difficult to believe.

Same here. And of course everything looks different with moving video.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal