AVS Discussions
General => A/V Industry News => Topic started by: TRainH2O on December 17, 2019, 09:15:04 PM
-
Now that the Skywalker films are wrapping up Abrams is once again riding high especially with the box office take The Last Sykwalker is expected to generate.
In an interview, he states he would like to see the original theatrical versions of the Star Wars Trilogy released in their original form. As for me, I need to see "Han shoot first" in high definition, in my theater.
(https://i.imgur.com/FCAcpTq.jpg)
What do you think? Will it ever happen? Will I have to break down and run a VHS to my projector?
The “Star Wars” trilogy hasn’t been seen in its original form since 1997— and director J.J. Abrams is one of many who wants that changed.
“I guess it's what George Lucas wanted, and that's what he did, and so I respect that, although I also feel like there's something about the original theatrical version that was, you know, for so many people [...] the thing they loved as it was,” Abrams told NowThis in an exclusive interview. “And so, you know, it would be great to have that available for a mainstream audience.”
For more info:
https://nowthisnews.com/pop/jj-abrams-wants-the-original-versions-of-star-wars-released?fbclid=IwAR1OwDUc6wiHJev0ebIjDj2oWC7hqcCUxaT4hYHYBil3UAhDwt0fvcM9hbk (https://nowthisnews.com/pop/jj-abrams-wants-the-original-versions-of-star-wars-released?fbclid=IwAR1OwDUc6wiHJev0ebIjDj2oWC7hqcCUxaT4hYHYBil3UAhDwt0fvcM9hbk)
-
He wants it released again in theaters? It would be good to see on the big screen again..
-
He wants it released again in theaters? It would be good to see on the big screen again..
I'm hoping there is a Blu-ray release of them in their original form before I die and/or my eyesight is shot. ::)
-
They are all coming out in March in a 4K box set. I would guess not the original versions but who knows.
-
They are all coming out in March in a 4K box set. I would guess not the original versions but who knows.
I wouldn't think so either. However, it would make for a successful money-grab for Disney to make them available.
-
They are all coming out in March in a 4K box set. I would guess not the original versions but who knows.
I'm not sure I'd upgrade Episodes 1-3. They were shot on 2K Digital Cameras (not 35mm) and they are about as good as they are every going to look. Watch each film and you notice they get sharper as they progress because the digital cameras kept getting better and better. The original trilogy will probably look great though--they look stellar on Disney+.