AVS Discussions
Movie and TV Discussion => Movie reviews => Topic started by: Harro on December 07, 2019, 04:03:33 PM
-
Wondering if anyone will have a review of this movie. Even though I am not thrilled with subtitles, this movie has caught my eye with all the good reviews so far. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/parasite_2019 (https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/parasite_2019)
-
I have a friend that loved it. I have no problems with subtitles myself - I have dozens of movie with them. I'll watch it eventually.
-
Parasite won big time at the Oscars. Won Best Foreign Film as well as Best Picture.
I will have to see it now.
-
I didn't receive a review copy, but I watched it tonight. A simply outstanding movie...it deserved every award that it got. Wow it's powerful.
-
I didn't receive a review copy, but I watched it tonight. A simply outstanding movie...it deserved every award that it got. Wow it's powerful.
Watched it Sat. night. Great movie with a lot of surprising twists, and edge of your seat moments. And funny at times. And a horror show at times too. I'll re-watch it next week with friends and see what I think on a 2nd reviewing.
Time to watch Snowpiercer again !
-
I saw the movie last week. Very good movie. After about 5 to 10 minutes, I consciously forgot that I was reading subtitles and just enjoyed the movie.
-
Saw this a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it overall. Despite the rather limited locations there was very nice cinematography. But it IS pretty dialog intensive so if you don't like subtitles, this would be a fairly bad choice. I talked with a Polish colleague at work who felt it wasn't very good because it was just another movie about haves vs have nots, but I think that's missing a lot of the poetry that this particular one had. I'm not familiar with Korean culture but I definitely got the impression at times there were choices and themes that played out due to those influences. The story reminded me of folk or fairy tale type stories especially with the symmetry of the families and the "ghost".
-
I didn't receive a review copy, but I watched it tonight. A simply outstanding movie...it deserved every award that it got. Wow it's powerful.
I hope you were able to receive a review copy of the new 4K version. The disc contains a Dolby Vision layer, so I watched it last night in LLDV from my Oppo and it displayed incredible detail and color.
Recorded with an Arri Alexa camera system at 6.5K resolution, and mastered to a 4K digital intermediate. Then pressed to a triple layer UHD100 disc.
I rate it as one of the best 4K discs for picture quality.
-
Sadly, no, they didn't send out review copies :(